Tavern

OOC Thread, General Roleplay, Tavern, Public Dueling

Moderator: Game Masters

alexoren
Sergeant

Re: Tavern

Post by alexoren »

In through the door to the tavern in the town a very large man with dark tan skin while wearing no clothing above his waist and a pair of pants made of very low priced cloth with multiple rips all about it. The large man let out a large yawn and stretched out his muscular arms out to his sides. He walked up to one of the tables and sat down making multiple cracking sounds coming from the wooden seat. "Bring Me Booze!" the large man yelled out.

Soon after the large man entered, a young chinese girl in her teenage years walked in while wearing an expensive gown with a floral design on it. Her hair was also pulled back into a pony tail which still stretched down to her neck. Pulling up a seat next to the large man the girl sat down and punched him hard on the arm. "don't be rude!" she yelled out at him which made him growl.

(open rp, more than one person can join)
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Chou Yu

Ma Su sorely disagreed with the man's philosophy. "A leader needs to lead by example. If he cannot do what he is asking his followers to do then he will not have as much respect." He also downed more of his drink while he listened to the man. His expression grew more and more surprised as he heard of this man's titles and status in Shi Tong's kingdom.

"Ha! Well, I guess your ruler shares the same battle philosophy as you do to give you such rank." He paused as he listened to Yu's question. "I work in Chu, I originally hail from Wei. I am one of our King Xiang Yu's generals. I served at Julu and more recently, Yangcheng as a melee troop commander." He smiled, proud of himself. He would go on about what would happen soon, but he wasn't going to get ahead of himself. "The Kingdom of Chu is in good health, but there have been several rogue factions rising up across the country, and our King has seen it fit to punish these rebels and bandits. A large group of bandits raped and pillaged some villages and towns on the outskirts of Chu province no less than a month or so ago."

He took another drink of his wine, almost empty. "Since you are so well connected to Magistrate Shi, tell me, how does he view our Hegemonic King? And I heard he is concerned about the Qi foreigners, is that true?"
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41
Charge II, Dash II, Discipline, Intimidate, Qiangshu, Rupture III, Wall

V3:Huixi Zhe
OneEyedDrgn
Lieutenant

Post by OneEyedDrgn »

alexoran wrote:In through the door to the tavern in the town a very large man with dark tan skin while wearing no clothing above his waist and a pair of pants made of very low priced cloth with multiple rips all about it. The large man let out a large yawn and stretched out his muscular arms out to his sides. He walked up to one of the tables and sat down making multiple cracking sounds coming from the wooden seat. "Bring Me Booze!" the large man yelled out.

Soon after the large man entered, a young chinese girl in her teenage years walked in while wearing an expensive gown with a floral design on it. Her hair was also pulled back into a pony tail which still stretched down to her neck. Pulling up a seat next to the large man the girl sat down and punched him hard on the arm. "don't be rude!" she yelled out at him which made him growl.

(open rp, more than one person can join)
Like a typical day, Zhuwen was lazily drinking away in a seat. Not typical however, was that there was no woman near him. Everyone had their unlucky days, and today seemed to be one for Zhuwen. Placing his bottle of wine down, he reached out and grabbed a stick of dumplings and began munching away. A large noise would catch the man's attention, and Zhuwen lazily looked at the large figure who sat down near him. Every once in a while, a man caught his attention more than a female.

"You don't look like you're from these parts," Zhuwen casually said to the man as he began to lean on his seat and took another bite of his dumpling. "Here to serve as a mercenary or something?"

He wouldn't be surprised if the large man didn't even understand him.
Liang Zhuwen, 28, Male, Chaotic Neutral
Stats: 50-92-36-31-80
Skills: Assemble II, Challenge II, Diplomat, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Yueshu II
Biography
Zhuwen's Theme
Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yu smirked at the man's comment. As a reply he said, "You're view in leading is too narrow minded. It's true a warrior leading by example, especially in the front lines, will inspire the men they lead. However, there are much to be said of a cool commander, giving orders with clear judgment and intelligence leading their men. There is no one way of commanding an army." Yu said his piece, and more, "What you said were mere words. Have you seen me in command? I can assure you that you can compare me to most warrior commanders, and I'll match their leadership. What of Zhang Liang? He's body is more frail then mine, yet no one can argue his deeds and talents as a commander. You need to widen your horizon my friend." He finally finished.

Then the man proclaimed something that took Yu by surprise, though a pleasant one. The man was a Chu general. Yu thought this a good chance to learn about Chu. Though he would have to be careful of what he says, not revealing anything about himself or his Lord past what's necessary, "Well met Lord Ma Su. It pleases me to meet one of the King's general." Then as a reply to the bandits and rebellion, "Most unfortunate. Though I believe this is just the start. For some reason, many people think this an ample opportunity for them to gain power?" The example was deliberate, and Yu observed Ma Su's reaction closely. He had reliable information that the leader had spoken against the King of Chu.

"I'm sure one as you understands well that troubles are stirring on the land. At times like these it's important to know who your enemies, and who your loyal friends are. As of my lord Shi Tong. He recognizes Chu's hegemony, as he had informed a diplomat from Chu that visited his Audience Hall sometime in the past." Shi Tong had told him of the meeting, of the words that transpired between him and the diplomat, "The diplomat mentioned Chu granting the legitimacy of my Lord's administration." Then with a thoughtful look, "The group in Qi that's gaining influence on the province? We are as concerned as one could be when a group of people gains power near our border. Our concern stems from our ignorance of the group's goals, and whether they will threaten Jiaodong or not." Yu said truthfully, without revealing everything.

In a curios tone he asked back, "What of Lord Xiang Yu? How does he feel of the Qi foreigners?"
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su smiled and nodded slightly as Yu greeted him by a more proper title. When Yu spoke of the bandits, Su continued to smile, lightly laughing before he said "Those who are foolish believe that, yes. Our Hegemonic King has vanquished the Qin and Liu Bang has curled up into a ball in the west, it is foolish to think that his power can be so easily usurped. The bandits that raided Chu ran off in fear of retribution no sooner had they finished their scavenging. They will be chased to the ends of the earth if I know the King."

He finished his drank and ordered a tea as Yu spoke of his lord Shi Tong. Ma Su had not been keeping up to date on Shi Tong lately, and not being a politician was not plugged into the smaller diplomatic happenings of the kingdom. He recalled hearing about the mission briefly, and replied "Of course, of course. I believe I know the man who visited actually. Good sort." As the tea was delivered he mixed it around a little as Yu spoke on Qi. Looking deep into the tea as he spun it, at the center of the torrent within his cup, he spoke on Qi as well. Whether it was fact or just opinion only Su knew. "You should know that the Qi bandits are making overtures that they would like to make all of Qi united under their grip. That they have coordinated their movements is without question, leading one to only one conclusion: that they seek to become a regional power. They will no doubt look on Jiaodong and other provinces nearby as easy targets to get more conscripts from." He stopped spinning the tea and drank a little. "I would be very wary of what they do in the near future. As for the King... I don't know his innermost thoughts, I could not tell you that."

He looked up and smiled. "How large a force does your lord command? I know he was able to take all of the towns and villages of Jiaodong in a month, an impressive feat."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yu just smiled at Ma Su's confidence in Xiang Yu's power is secure, and wondered if that was what the man really thought, or if he's just playing the loyal and confident officer. Yu himself personally thought that Xiang Yu's power isn't all that secure. His rise to the throne was not one won by support, but through bloodbaths and extreme violence. Xiang Yu keeps his throne through fear. The thing with using fear for loyalty was that your followers will attempt to undercut you in any chance they think they won't be caught. And once that fear is gone, so is his security. Yu said none of this however. Let the man think that Yu thought the same as what he voiced.

Emptying his wine cup, Yu motioned for one of the serving wenches to come and gave the cup to her, "Fill it up." Then with a glance to his conversation partner he added, "If you would." Let it not be said that Yu know not how to adapt the different situations and people. Yu's brow creased when Ma Su spoke of the "Qi Bandits" and how they planned to unite Qi, Jiaodong among it, and his warning, "I see..." Yu started slowly, "Lord Ma Su, to be honest with you, this is not the first time I heard that. I have heard from one Lady Ji Fei of Di, acquaintance to Lord Kai Zoku of Di. They both attended the event that Zhefu, leader of the Qi group had for nobles. She claimed that he called for people to join him in his plan to unite not only Qi, but the Middle Kingdom as well. This Zhefu claimed that under King Xiang Yu, the land is ever in danger." Yu paused to gauge the reaction of the Chu officer.

"I had hoped that this was not true, although Lady Ji Fei himself in my judgment is a woman of honesty. Now, you tell me the same thing, that our land is threatened from their wish to unite Qi." Yu put on a worried face, "Should this unfortunate thing be true, I will make sure we are ready to defend Jiaodong. But tell me Lord Ma Su, are there any in Jibei that can withstand Zhefu?"

Yu then considered Ma Su's question, and then answred, "You overestimate us sir. We have in fact not taken all the towns in the province, though we soon will. Also, I'm sure you have heard of our liberation of the city of Jimo from the corrupt governor? It was a glorious victory, but not without casualties."
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Ma Su took notice that the man said nothing in regards to his testament of the power of Xiang Yu. Su didn't know whether the man was zoning out, agreeing or thinking contrary, but it didn't faze him at all. Su had seen how powerful Chu was, and had led its armies before and would do so in the future. He knew it wasn't invincible, but it was currently 2-0. Su smiled back as Yu motioned for his own cup to be refilled, and smiled and bowed his head to his companion. Su could feel that this whole conversation was a delicate one, each feeling the other out with half-truths. Taking a sip, he listened to Yu's recounting of his own information on Qi and Zhefu.

He smiled with a dark glint in his eye as Yu told of Zhefu's estimation of the land. "The man can't even talk to his subjects without wearing a mask, how would a land lead by such a coward fare any better?" he thought to himself.
"If such an account is true, then the man is no threat." He leaned back in his chair and took another sip, setting it down with a resounding thud on the table. "A force led by such a brazen fool is doomed to destruction. Surely he would know that what he said at such a meeting would leak to Chu loyalists? He only invites the King to burn Qi to the ground for such insolence. He is the one who would be bringing danger to the land, not the King" He said with increasing force. He then paused to control himself. He was usually cool headed, but when having already gone through a large mug of wine and working on another, and such brazen acts of stupidity presented before him, he could get worked up. "Jibei..." he thought for a moment. "To my knowledge there are no great men in Jibei, and no opposition in Qi to Zhefu as well. Though I suspect Jiaodong will not be alone if this Zhefu continues to grow."

He nodded in regards to Jimo. "I heard there was a battle there, yes. But with that, your lord now Jiaodong united for the first time in a while. He deserves praise for that." Su paused, and, looking at his drink, put it down instead of drinking more. "I would be very interested in speaking with your lord and yourself about Qi in the near future. I may be able to help you all out."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

He could not have wished for a better response from Ma Su than the one he got, as signified by a slight smile on his face. If they ever needed assistance against Qi, which Yu did not doubt they will, Chu would be a great asset. Furthermore, he did not need to manipulate this man for it, as it was also for their benefit. There are no better relationship than the ones in which both sides are better for it.

"If I may Lord Ma Su, his foolishness is exactly why he's so dangerous. I agree with you that a force lead by such man are bound to meet destruction. However, what great evils will he have accomplished, what suffering will he have burdened of the land before he is stopped? Fools such as him attract men who are entranced by his ambition and his recklessness. Already I hear news of talented individuals flocking to his banner. I do not have any inclination to think that he could muster power that could challenge the Hegemony. But the danger he possess to the land is real."Yu explained his opinion.

Yu smiled at the man's offer to help them out, "No words could delight me more than what you had just said. I am sure it is in the best interest of the Hegemon to rid the land of Qi, and when the time come, Jiaodong will be ready with the support of the King to act as a spearhead for this campaign." And after using Chu's support to rid Jiaodong of a dangerous neighbor... Yu smiled. Then it will be time for bigger things.
Jin Shi
Colonel

Post by Jin Shi »

Su shrugged. "A coordinated attack on his lands would lay him to waste without much difficult, done correctly. If you acquire anymore information about what his officers are like please pass it on to me." He would be interested to see whether such information would ever be passed on. "Maybe we will be able to lead our men side by side against Zhefu and his barbarian horde someday soon." He smiled a good natured smile, but knew that with the collapse of Zhefu there would be other obstacles that would appear in its place, possibly even the man he sat across from.

Feeling he had gotten everything of worth out of Yu for now, he downed a little more of his drink and said "Friend Yu, it has been a great honor to meet the Chief Aide of Shi Tong. I feel I must be along now, don't want to be slacking off too much you know." He chuckled as he left a few coppers on the table to pay for both men's drinks. "Come to Chu sometime so we can chat again."
Ma Su, 22 | Bio
77-98*-51-71*-41

Chou Yu
Lieutenant

Post by Chou Yu »

Yu nodded at Ma Su's request regarding the information, "Of course. I only ask you to do the same for me." Then, Yu smiled and continued, "If the time comes when we need to march against the Province of Qi, I hope to ride beside you in battle. I'll show you then how someone not a warrior can still lead." Yu chuckled, though he was serious.

Yu stood up as his conversation partner did, "I feel like I have gained a valuable ally in you. It's been an honor. If I ever go to Chu, I'll make sure to seek for you." Yu kept standing until Ma Su left the building. Only then did he take his seat once more, his mind instantly going over the conversation he just had, analyzing each part carefully.