Talk

Moderator: Game Masters

Elminster
Not-so-new recruit
Location: Love is like a chess game where the guy goes first and has no pawns.

Post by Elminster »

Heh...you've had alot of experience with ruler duties SZM, so I think you ought to take a crack at it...this way you can learn the final ruling skill...delegation....extreme delegation!
Heng Sun, Age:29
Gold: 100
83/88*/43/57/75
Marksmanship II, Inspire I, Raid II, Duelist I, Raze I
Hunting Axe(+2 Mght), Old Horse(+1 Spd)
Rurouni Kenshin
Not a ruler!

Post by Rurouni Kenshin »

But, then you have to take into account that he is a busy person, as he still has his mod job back at SimRTK :wink:
Tien Zhejin (26) The Black Whirlwind 87*-78*-20-67-43 Military Administrator II, Delay II, Instructor I, Sortie II, Qiangshu I.
Items: Heaven Slasher (Billhook +3 Might), Logistics and March Tactics (+4 Command).
Followers: Tien Liang(31) 68-78-47-61-43 Discipline II, Spy I, Rupture I, Raid I, Politician I, Rally I, Diplomat I.
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

And every other sim known to man, or at least the joke used to be. I think nrh has him beat, though, even though he's been mia for a while.

Shi has actually been a full-blown ruler before. HoC: Japan, I believe he was Tanaka Gin or something. He was essentially a ruler in the original HoC, pulling the puppet strings behind Gongsun Zan. And he betrayed me, the weasel!
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

Who me? Pulling strings? Heehee. Yea Pang Fu drunkingly made sure the North wasn't going to fall under Gongsun Zan. You should have seen the place before Fu showed up. It wasn't pretty. As for Tanaka Gin, my grand plans never achieved fruition. Ashame. I so wanted to see how many rulers I could kill with my ninja Danzo.

Yea I was on a lot of sim staff wise now I am just SimRTK and HoI. I must admit that I am sorely tempted to be a ruler but it is the need to delegate when I get busy, which will happen, that I have to weigh. If I had two starting PCs with me then I could do it. Would start off as a general under the Qin who secretly harbors rebellion and will strike at the most opportune moment. Maybe be a old grizzled veteran.
The Xiong Nu have left the building!

Liu Bei(43) 90-40-63-62-80
Military Adminstrator II, Marksman II, Lure I, Diplomat II, Politican I
Item: Dai Lu(Horse: +3 Speed, + 1 Attack)
Gafgarion
Ensign

Post by Gafgarion »

Hmm, 22 rulers signed up so far. 3 more, and I'll give 'er a try. Of course, if I don't get the ruling spot, I've got my next guy planned out as well. Always pays to be prepared..?

Of course, assuming I don't rule, I'm open for recruitment opportunities..send your offers to Mr. City Developer :)
Gong Ao
Officer

Post by Gong Ao »

Civil development sucks. It's more fun to burn down cities. Just ask Xiang Yu!
Cai Xuan;51-41-76-82-33/Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Jeer I, Poison I, Politician I, Public Planner II, Scribe I
Age 43
600 gold
Follower: Ming Yang(21) 26-60-57-48-85 Intimidate II, Envelop I, Doctor I, Gongshu I, Delay I, Decoy I, Trainer I
Rurouni Kenshin
Not a ruler!

Post by Rurouni Kenshin »

Yeah, but then you end up just like him! Killing yourselve in a place far away from home.....
Tien Zhejin (26) The Black Whirlwind 87*-78*-20-67-43 Military Administrator II, Delay II, Instructor I, Sortie II, Qiangshu I.
Items: Heaven Slasher (Billhook +3 Might), Logistics and March Tactics (+4 Command).
Followers: Tien Liang(31) 68-78-47-61-43 Discipline II, Spy I, Rupture I, Raid I, Politician I, Rally I, Diplomat I.
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Having tried my hand at ruling, I can tell you that while Generals and warriors get the glory, its the city developers that the Rulers secretly love. They are just so useful for building up that empire and war-machine, that without the generals and warriors would be pretty useless.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

I second that, without the strong development at home the warriors wouldn't have the funds for any wars. Civil types are very valuable to a ruler, especially because there aren't that many of them, most players choose warrior types.
Diethe
Officer

Post by Diethe »

Heh, yeahp, you rarely use a military guy in KTs that much, leading you to prefer guys with the pol or int stat. However, it is rare for a civil guy to be popular.
Lima Bei (32) Former Brigand
Stats: 79-96*-35-45-52
Skills: Charge II, Faze II, Intimidate I, Pierce I, Sortie I, Wall I

Items: Razor Axe (Melee, Mgt+4)
NPC Followers: Man Hongan (25)