Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

jritch
Ensign

Post by jritch »

The guard studied here for a moment then nodded

Guard: Very well I will take you to Officer Fukudomes quarters.

The guard then walks down the through the hall and stops at Soto's place of living.

Guard: Officer Soto we have a visitor who wishes to speak with you.

Soto looks a little surprised but nods to the guard, he then turns his attention to the women who stood before him

Soto: So what makes someone like yourself travel all this way to see me.
Rayne
New Recruit

Post by Rayne »

Sun Lian bows to Soto Fukudome. "Greetings, White Tiger. I am Emerald Viper. Black Dragon sends his regards."
Sun Lian(23) 17-91*-77*-77-65
Confuse II, Diplomat I, Doctor, Jianshu III, Poison I, Spy II, Yueshu II
Items: (+7 Might) Armor,(+1 Might), Sword, (+4 Intelligence) Book
Throwing Knives

Follower: Yin Shaoding(45) 67-69-60-62-73
Civil Administrator I, Cover I,Decoy I, Poison II, Raid I
jritch
Ensign

Post by jritch »

Soto: Hmm I see but I still don't know your reason for visiting me.

Soto pauses and smiles then says in a kind lightening way.

Soto: Not that I'm not flattered.
Rayne
New Recruit

Post by Rayne »

Sun Lian smiles and replys:
"I'm an officer of Lin Xin and he wishes to form an alliance with you and your kingdom."
Sun Lian(23) 17-91*-77*-77-65
Confuse II, Diplomat I, Doctor, Jianshu III, Poison I, Spy II, Yueshu II
Items: (+7 Might) Armor,(+1 Might), Sword, (+4 Intelligence) Book
Throwing Knives

Follower: Yin Shaoding(45) 67-69-60-62-73
Civil Administrator I, Cover I,Decoy I, Poison II, Raid I
jritch
Ensign

Post by jritch »

Soto put his hand to his chin and thought for a moment

Soto: Hmm an alliance, though I am a warior I am still for reducing of needless bloodshed, however it is not my decision if you wish we could try to speak with the ruler of this kingdom.

assuming she follows soto then leads himself and Lian to the outside of Xiang Kai's chamber, he then stops casually bows to the guard and addresses him.

Soto: Hello me and my visitor would like a meeting with master kai if possible.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

The guards recognized Soto as an officer of the force, having heard of his exploits on the battlefield. A guard smiled and nodded to him, "The Duke is not here currently. If you would like, I will take you and your guest to see him in the audience hall?"

Assuming they really want to see Kai, they are led to the audience hall, where they approach a point about twenty meters from where Kai sat on his throne up on a dais, with several guards on either side. "Soto, it is good to see you. I hope my knowledge of medicine was useful to you, that your wounds have healed well. What brings you here today?"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

A pretty little procession appeared in Dingtao from across the border. In its midst was an elaborate carriage and around it were maids accoutered in red and white garments and armour. It proceeded steadily along the roads, coming to a halt before the Audience Hall of the Duke of Liang. Once there, a maiden rode up and asked a request that was starting to get rather familiar,

"Hello there. I represent the Lady Xia of Yin. She would like to request a meet with his Highness, the Grand Duke of Liang, here in his Hall. She recognizes that our nations have been neighbours for quite a period but have never established serious relations. The Lady hopes to correct what she deems an oversight today."
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
jritch
Ensign

Post by jritch »

Soto: Yes your medical skills have served me well, thankyou; as for todays meeting.

Soto then looks at Sun Lian and puts his hand out in her direction as if to present her.

Soto: This is Sun Lian an officer of Lin Xin she speaks on the behalf of her kingdom, they wish to form an alliance with us and I myself agree with the notion, with two kingdoms both with such great power I could only imagine what could be accomplished.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

RuffRydeR

"From Yin, yeah... OK," he nodded after looking the maiden up and down. "Come with me."

Assuming she follows, she is led into the audience hall. After a short walk, the two enter a large hall full of the citizens of Liang going about their business. Walking through the crowd, the guard leads Lady Xia up to a point about twenty feet away from a man sitting atop a throne, with several guards on either side of him. The man nods to the guard, who bows before speaking, "Duke Xiang Kai, Lady Xia of Yin wishes to see you."

"Lady Xia, what brings you to Dingtao on this fine day?" the Duke asked with a smile.

jritch

Kai looks to Sun Lian, "Yes? Tell me, what does your lord wish? What does he see in this?"
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Naxr wrote: "Lady Xia, what brings you to Dingtao on this fine day?" the Duke asked with a smile.
"Well, it just seemed odd to me we could be neighbours all this time without anything formal ever happening between us. I don't know if Father just never bothered, but apparently, I'm heir to my lands now, that he's sick and all that, and his health isn't really anywhere near what it used to be...And I need to learn a lot more if I am to one day take over his rule. So I'm going out and about, trying to establish and figure out relations and all that. I like travelling, anyways, unlike my Father, so this is quite enjoyable."

She suppressed a giggle, looking around at the hall, then shrugged,

"My, this place is rather awkward for a casual friendly visit, huh? Anyways, I've come to ask what your plans are over the next year with regards to the revolution against the Qin and all that. We both know they get lousier and lousier...I trust you've heard what they did to Xuandi...But yes, that's what I came to ask about. It's starting to become quite clear to me, and good nobles all over that Qin is just another barbarous band of rabble, like Shu and Yue, without the guidance of the Shi Huang Di, remarkable Lord of a remarkable time, yes, but only in his death was the truth made clear. It's time for the Seven States to be ascendant once more, and we all know the Qin barbarians definitely won't have their star before the Lords of Song, not without another Lord Ying of that nature...and his sort only comes to a people in a thousand years."

She paused, getting her head around her own reasoning, to make sure she was being clear, as she had been taught in practice. Then, pleased, she resumed,

"So, the barbarians taught us all a lesson about strength. But it's time for the true people of the Tianxia to claim their birthright. Besides...getting called a rebel is starting to be rather annoying. So, I think we better take direct action and stop bothering with their foolish hangers on. They'll all fall once the barbarians are driven back to the west where they belong. What do you think, Duke Xiang? It'd be a thing to work for, wouldn't it?"
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II