Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Alright then," the guard said, "follow me."

Assuming they follow, they are led whatever distance they came from into the audience hall. There, they soon find themselves in a large room, swarming with soldiers, guarding the Marquis and many other administrators in the hall, craftsmen tasked with decorating the relatively new structure, and so on. The guard leads the group to a point about twenty feet away from a man sitting up on a throne on a dais. On both sides of him stood several guards. The guard with Pang Li's group started, "Marquis Xiang Kai, Pang Li is here to speak with you."

"Pang Li? You've survived quite a perilous situation recently, from what I hear. What brings you to Liang?"
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Pang Li and the Cheng Brothers bow before Lord Xiang Kai.

It is still my intent to remain loyal with my teachings, as long as their is still air in my lungs Heaven's Orchard will exsist in one form or another. I come to request that any remnants of Heaven's Orchard would have a place here in Liang. You will find that we make excellent neighbors contributing to society as a whole. We are diverse with many collective skills.

So I have come to ask if we can serve here in your lands, we can remain independent should you will it, or we would be willing to join you, following order and partcipating for your Greater Good. I see that your a kind Lord, giving Soto Fukudome medical attention. And you seem to be willing to fight for your beliefs, as of the moment I think you are capable of changing this world. Lord Xiang Kai, you are the major power in all of China. If Heaven's Orchard is going to continue in this new land we need to show you that we have our purpose, and we will contribute to your reason to be, should you allow us.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Having accepted a former officer of the Heaven's Orchard into his ranks, and from previous communication with the faction, he knew something of them, but still question's lingered. "Yes, Liang welcomes all who wish to come and improve it. So I will accept you gladly in my ranks."

He stopped speaking for a moment to reflect on those question, which he then decided to bring to attention, "But, before you make your home here, I must ask, what are the goals of Heaven's Orchard? Can I trust they will align to my own?"
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Heaven's Orchard central philosophy is that we all must put aside our ambitions and be willing to sacrifice for the greater good of the group. I tried instilling my own greater good, and we all sacrificed till the very end. Since it did not get us killed to the last man we shall now follow yours. I can assure you Heaven’s Orchard members will be the most devout officers, soldiers, and ministers you have. Whether or not our goals lie with yours…we are your means to accomplish your goals. Don’t waver Lead us, do not fail us, and we will not fail you.
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Shadow wrote:
The man standing by window snorted and spit outside, perhaps, in an act of defiance or he just had something in his throat. However, he did nothing to show any other indications.
"I see," Shang said with a brow raised. He looked unconvinced of Liu Bang's reasoning and Dong Ke's method of saying it; nonetheless, he needed to ensure that war war avoided. "We've taken the corrupt Magistrate of Pei out power. The man squirmed like a woman conceiving, but he saw his situation perfectly after about a day in captivity." The young man said.

"I was wondering what Lord Liu's business with the bandits of Jiaoxi is? We've had some reports telling us there are a few bandit holding here such as in Lingbu. Can you confirm this? They seem to be responsible for some raids with the province if I'm not mistaken."
Ke nodded. "Indeed I can. These ruffians have twice taken the field in an attempt to seize more lands in Jiaoxi, and twice General Liu has forced them to run headlong into hiding. It won't be long before the General has the rats driven from their nests. They are bold, but weak. Bullies which will quickly be put down by our men."

The lieutenant looked about himself and then inquired back. "I trust that it is likewise for Lord Xiang. The opinion that these bandits have no place in Jiaoxi, that is?"
Shadow
Stabbed!

Post by Shadow »

Shang remained silent for a time thinking of what next to ask or say to Dong Ke. The reports were obviously wrong, but there were other issues that Shang needed to contend with. "Yes, bandits and plunders must be eradicated to ensure peace within, but," he said as his gaze drifted to the entrance where Dong Ke had just went through a small moment ago, "Xiang Kai sees Lord Liu as a threat to the safety of Jiaoxi or at least that is what he has informed me." He again didn't say anything afterward to let it sink into the skull of Dong Ke.

"How can we resolve this? I wish to make an ally out of Lord Liu, but Xiang Kai seems to be wary of your presence. I am completely against an expedition against Lord Liu, but I understand what is going through the mind of Kai. I'm asking what sort of assurance can be given that Lord Liu will not attack us in the future. Your words are pretty, but they don't offer much to our confidence." His words weren't offensive or harsh, but there was quite a bit of strong subtly in his purpose.
Xun Shang (22) 77-20-83-74-18
Aid II, Decoy II, Confuse II, Military Administrator II, Volley II

* Dreamer actually liked Sherman.
<Dreamer> That guy was badass.
<Dreamer> If Lee would have been more like him, we could have won. :<
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Dong Ke looked somewhat hurt, but didn't comment on what he took to be a personal insult. Rather, he forced a smile, and held his hands out to show his deference. "I'm not sure I understand Commander Xun. Exactly what kind of demonstration of friendship do you require? If you wish to forge a formal alliance on paper, I am authorized to do so. But if you are seeking some kind of bribe, then I would of course need to procure such from General Liu."
Shadow
Stabbed!

Post by Shadow »

Shang scratched back area of his ear to conceal his annoyed look, but quickly returned to himself. "A bribe would be nice, but I require none." He merely said with a somewhat strain voice. "The Xun clan is fairly wealthy and, sadly, I lack the characteristics to be of a corrupt nature." He tried to bring up his own mood with that bit of humor and possibly put to rest Dong Ke's thoughts at the same time.

"There were plans to assail Yi Lian at her capital, but our rear is not so secure, at least in our minds. We strengthen our vanguard, but leave our rear weak. There is quite a dilemma for us in that you have our rear."

Shang called for an attendant to bring some drinks, then resumed again after he had left. "Alliances are nothing but terms that lords honor due to fear of another. Then when the other is weak... you swoop in for the kill."

"I want to propose friendship. Friends that aid one another. Friends that scratch the others back. I wish for Lord Liu to participate in the invasion of Huainan and we in return shall aid Lord Liu in a future endeavor of his. Friendship that the states of Yu and Guo once held and shared." Shang's eyes squinted as to see more clearly the man's expression with careful detail.
Xun Shang (22) 77-20-83-74-18
Aid II, Decoy II, Confuse II, Military Administrator II, Volley II

* Dreamer actually liked Sherman.
<Dreamer> That guy was badass.
<Dreamer> If Lee would have been more like him, we could have won. :<
Rurouni Swordsmith
Ensign

Post by Rurouni Swordsmith »

Sima Huang, not a stranger to Kai's court made his way to the administrative building. Approaching the guards he said, "It is I Sima Huang. I have come to offer my army and men to Xiang Kai fully. It has become clear to me that now is the time to join his services."
Sima Huang - 56-97*-46-81-60
Doctor, Jianshu II, Intimidate II, Qiangshu II, Challenge II
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Ahh, Sima Huang. Come in, I shall take you to him now. I am sure the Duke will be glad to hear this."

Assuming he follows, he is quickly led into the audience hall. They soon find themselves outside an office, which the guard knocks on. Soon after, the door is opened and the guard motions for Huang to walk in. Inside the office sits in a chair behind his desk, in front of which sit several chairs for visitors. Kai, upon seeing his old acquaintance, welcomes him with a smile, "What brings you here today, my friend?"