Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Well then, I hope I can convince you to end your journey here then? As for what I have to offer, I conduct my recruitment as a sort of meritocracy, so I cannot offer you too much. But if you should serve Liang, I can tell you that you will be able to gain as much as you give to the kingdom, as well as the opportunity of many times to test your talents in battle. Does any of this interest you?"
SituJinrong
Marquis

OOC Recruitment letter

Post by SituJinrong »

delete, replied by mistake :oops:
Last edited by SituJinrong on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Li Jiacheng (35)
94*-36-45-56-81
Diplomat II, Discipline II, Military Adminstrator II, Politician II
jritch
Ensign

Post by jritch »

Soto thought about what Kai was saying the offer seemed fair enough and he liked the kingdom and Kai was always held in high regards to his old ruler and friend Pang Li.

Soto: Your offer sounds fair and your cause seems just, I would be willing to join Liang, there is just one more thing I would need and that is for my wounds to be healed so that I can fully serve in your kingdom.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kai looked over the man with his eyes. Satisfied that he was not in too much of a critical condition, Kai nodded to himself, "You look healthy enough. We have many skilled doctors in our kingdom, including myself, who can make sure your wounds are properly cared for. I think we can both agree that it wouldn't serve the kingdom well to put out injured men on the battlefield."
jritch
Ensign

Post by jritch »

Soto grinned

Soto: Well with my injuries being taken care of I would be willing to serve for Liang under your conditions.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kai smiled as well, "Perfect. We shall set up housing for you immediately then, and have a doctor or two assigned to care for your wounds until they are healed. Sound like a plan?"

Post your OI here to gain PH access!
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

Liang province, a distance from home however, something of a possible new beginning? The Shuilong had noticed many bad omen come before the doors of Yi Lian, first it was the harsh winter that he had ever experienced.. then, the fiasco of Yi Lian within Jiujiang. It pained Gong to think that his back was now turned against the Marquis that he said he'd serve loyally, to abandon her in such struggle, it had to be done; the bad omen drove the mind of the Mushi. Perhaps Xiang Kai held the omen in which the Monk could take? Looking at the guards, the Monk's eyes were slightly dead within as if lost his own way. However, the vibrant blue robes with the dragon adorning the back still shone as if the sun had blessed them. His dragon like features trying to faintly smile as politely as he could, bowing graciously to the Liang guards. The Monk's voice was calm, with enchanting and fluid undertones, with a sense of unknowingness. "My name is Monk Sima Gong, I come to see Lord Xiang about coming part of his court.. Trained within the art of battle strategies, I hope to gain his favour" It was clear that Gong was the same age as Xiang Kai, though his complexion was that of a dragon; a sign of great futures and blessings from celestial realms...within a hidden strength, the mind, the Shuilong only wished to find a Lord who would utilise his mind at every moment...
Gong Fugui (龚富贵) zi Laoshan (老山), male (60)
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Skills: Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Engineer III, Politician I, Propagandist I, Saboteur I
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

A guard stepped forward to receive the guest, "Come to talk about joining, eh? Come. Follow me."

Assuming he follows, he is led up the steps of the audience hall and through its large doors. After a short walk, they find themselves at one end of a large, lightly decorated room. With the craftsmen supplies sitting along the walls, it would seem that there was still work being done. At the other end, sitting on a throne atop a dais, flanked by guards on either side, sat the Marquis. The guard from the entrance led the guest to a spot twenty feet from where the Marquis sat, and bowed before announcing, "Marquis Xiang Kai, there is a monk here to see you by the name of Sima Gong."

Kai nodded to the guard before addressing the visitor, "Sima Gong, to what pleasure do I owe this visit?"
Gong Gong
Captain

Post by Gong Gong »

Being brought before Xiang Kai the Monk graciously bowed to him, acknowledging the high status he held within this land; another Marquis. Once again, a faint smile was forced to the surface as he listened to the question; what pleasure? He had not yet reared in anger to be visited by a monk, one of the heavens..remembering the doubt Yi Lian gave him at first. "There is no doubt that you may know of my servitude to Marquis Yi, however, many bad omens have occured to force me to break the bond I swore to her." Looking to the floor, leaving a Lord in the time of need, the possibility of losing everything that she had worked hard for. It was obvious that it was physically hurting the Monk to speak of leaving her side. "Such break in loyalty will always gain suspicion, however, it pains me to think that my back is now turned; but... I must abide by the omens Heaven gives." The Shuilong's head rose to look directly at Xiang Kai, most likely becoming bored by this celestial rant; typical of those who lead into warfare. "I understand many do not take monks seriously, however, as an orphan with rumoured features of good fortune I was trained within the art of strategies upon the battlefield... I only hope that you can see to use my knowledge beneficially." The answer was desired, a way to find his way once again and make some form of impact within a force.. Yes, Xiang Kai looked like he had the years to understand the importance of strategies, hopefully those in which Gong was educated in...
Gong Fugui (龚富贵) zi Laoshan (老山), male (60)
49 - 48 - 70 - 92 - 64
Skills: Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Engineer III, Politician I, Propagandist I, Saboteur I
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kai had not met with too many monks in his time, so he was very curious about this man. But those curiosities would have to wait, as there were more pressing concerns that he felt needed to be addressed. "You come from Marquis Yi's service, wishing to serve here in Liang? While I do appreciate your coming here, you must understand that I have some concerns. I understand that the bad omens led you away from Huainan, but why is your destination now Liang?" he asked with a serious expression.