Other Game Discussion

Moderator: Game Masters

Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

I know I'd drop 50 at least on a compilation Suikoden I and II for the PS2. One of my fondest desires would be fulfilled if that happened. Yum.
Zhou Tai
Sergeant

Post by Zhou Tai »

Problem with Suiko 1 and 2 back in the day was it was a "Sleeper Hit" and didnt get the recognition it deserved.

3 and 4 suddenly had a bit of promoting power for once, but not that particular 'it' that made them classics.
--------------------------------------------

Suiko sim anyone? :wink: :P Dibs on Tir McDohl, best character to portray as.. *Mute!* :wink:
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I've seen a few people try to make Suiko sims, but I still don't believe that they can be done without changing the original gameplay a lot. I do think a Suikoden MMORPG would be possible, though.

Edit: I found this article submitted to www.suikosource.com
Suikoden Tactics
Konami has applied for a trademark for the term Suikoden Tactics in a videogame context with the US Patent Office.

What "Suikoden Tactics" is planned to entail is of yet unknown; it may be the game rumoured to be Suikoden V, an undisclosed project entirely, or even something unrelated to the Suikoden of the numbered game series.

However, it must be noted that application for a trademark does not mean that the title will ever be used.
Something to ponder?
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Hmm, sounds interesting enough. I tend to like most games that have "Tactics" in the titles. That doesn't really mean I'd like whatever they make, of course, but one could hope...
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Problem with MMORPGs is you need a large budget to back you, especially to cover server problems and the like. Blizzard are a good example of it.
Shi Zhi Mi
Colonel

Post by Shi Zhi Mi »

Blizzard has the budget. They just didn't expect such a huge amount of purchasers.
Diethe
Officer

Post by Diethe »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:I've seen a few people try to make Suiko sims, but I still don't believe that they can be done without changing the original gameplay a lot. I do think a Suikoden MMORPG would be possible, though.

Edit: I found this article submitted to www.suikosource.com
Suikoden Tactics
Konami has applied for a trademark for the term Suikoden Tactics in a videogame context with the US Patent Office.

What "Suikoden Tactics" is planned to entail is of yet unknown; it may be the game rumoured to be Suikoden V, an undisclosed project entirely, or even something unrelated to the Suikoden of the numbered game series.

However, it must be noted that application for a trademark does not mean that the title will ever be used.
Something to ponder?
Heh, Tactics. Now that's a RIGHT alternative they made for the traditional Suikoden RPG. Maybe something similar to the large scale battles Suiko II had?
Lima Bei (32) Former Brigand
Stats: 79-96*-35-45-52
Skills: Charge II, Faze II, Intimidate I, Pierce I, Sortie I, Wall I

Items: Razor Axe (Melee, Mgt+4)
NPC Followers: Man Hongan (25)
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

I thin ka god game is Rome:total war
Jian Long
New Recruit

Post by Jian Long »

Now, that you guys mention it. I am reconstructing Suikosim. :)
Rurouni Kenshin
Not a ruler!

Post by Rurouni Kenshin »

Hmm, has any of you guys bought, or played the game Jade Empire? I just bought and wanted to check on it....