Li Zhu's Audience Hall - Zhaoge

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:osiris

"Oh, the Prefect and I have an amicable relationship," he replied. "We both have too many other distractions to waste any effort on one another."

He paused for a moment, then looked over the man. "The forces of the leader of Yan must be indeed strong, if he seeks to ignore the voices of kings and nobility. You are speaking to a man who borders the Emperor and two Kings, you know. If you get angry about being ordered around, that is all well and good, but I would hope that your master wouldn't expect to move entirely freely without paying attention to those with more power than him."

He shrugged slightly. "I am curious about this, though. Why does your master desire to attack others? I mean, we all have our goals, so I would hope your master has good reasons for his actions. It's not for me to judge, but it's a curious reason to be upset at a King, after all."
"Well, Fei Lak does nto so much wish to attack others. He wishes to bring order back to the land and make it better than it once was. We wish to therefore expand into the Changshan region to bring better government to the cities reigned by foolish corrupt lords. Although, we know that when we go into this region the king will attack us."
"A man will not give his life for a half pence, you have to speak to his soul, electrify him." Napoleon Bonaparte

Fasho Baipan zi Xinrichu 60-39-42-71-90
Civil Administrator II, Deride, Diplomat, Military Administrator II, Haste, Poison, Politician, Propagandist, Rally II, Saboteur
Age 14
Followers: Shun Xuan(22) 56-38-70-60-45 skills in OI
Cheng Linpeng(36) 49-64-70-77-75 skills in OI
Yang Jian(17) 50-54-58-76-67 skills in OI
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

osiris wrote:"Well, Fei Lak does nto so much wish to attack others. He wishes to bring order back to the land and make it better than it once was. We wish to therefore expand into the Changshan region to bring better government to the cities reigned by foolish corrupt lords. Although, we know that when we go into this region the king will attack us."
Xia Xi chuckled a bit. "That's not surprising," he said. "After all, who better to pacify a nearby region than a King?" He continued to chuckle a bit. "Well, I suppose getting involved with these things might be tough. I have nothing to say either way about the King of Zhao, though. He seems to like me, and has done nothing to make me suspicious that he might attack me. Then again, perhaps he doesn't think I'm foolish or corrupt. But who knows? Things change, I guess."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
osiris
Major

Post by osiris »

Jing smiled and said, "I believe you understand. We do not wish war but, we think it may come. We just wish to aid in the development of other provinces than Yan. We will probably end up talking with the king of Zhao too."
"A man will not give his life for a half pence, you have to speak to his soul, electrify him." Napoleon Bonaparte

Fasho Baipan zi Xinrichu 60-39-42-71-90
Civil Administrator II, Deride, Diplomat, Military Administrator II, Haste, Poison, Politician, Propagandist, Rally II, Saboteur
Age 14
Followers: Shun Xuan(22) 56-38-70-60-45 skills in OI
Cheng Linpeng(36) 49-64-70-77-75 skills in OI
Yang Jian(17) 50-54-58-76-67 skills in OI
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

osiris wrote:Jing smiled and said, "I believe you understand. We do not wish war but, we think it may come. We just wish to aid in the development of other provinces than Yan. We will probably end up talking with the king of Zhao too."
He nodded in reply, although his face didn't carry any particular emotion. After a second, he said, "Was there anything else your master wished to discuss with me?"
101*.87*.44.78.39

ExiledPrince
Tornado III!

Post by ExiledPrince »

A carriage with a pair of carts carrying various items trailing behind it stops at the gates of Zhaoge. There a flurry of retainers rush with half going to unload a litter from one of the carts and the other half attempting to unload what appeared to be a large ball of silk from the carriage, except that it was waving a fist at the servants.

"No, push the other way! The other way! Wait, my litter isn't even there yet! I am not setting foot on this filthy ground! No, pull here, push there!"

Eventually the servants put the litter next to the carriage and a large man more or less rolls onto the litter while the rest of the servants scurry to support the weight of the man.

"This is the -last- time I travel anywhere." The corpulent man reclines on the litter resting his hands across his massive belly as he's carried to the central office of the city, serving girls handing him various food and other items as they go along. When they arrive to the gates a serving girl approaches the guards with a letter.

"Master Shan Qian is here at the request of your Lord"

In the back Shan Qian murmurs to himself.

"Request. Hmph, only one who didn't sound like a sobbing girl whining after some lost love and writing to me like I cared."
Shan Qian
51.51.88.93*.45
Civil Administrator III, Engineer II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II

Decadent Man of Qi and Prime Minister of Yin
Xia Xi's Book (+6 Jud)
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

ExiledPrince wrote:A carriage with a pair of carts carrying various items trailing behind it stops at the gates of Zhaoge. There a flurry of retainers rush with half going to unload a litter from one of the carts and the other half attempting to unload what appeared to be a large ball of silk from the carriage, except that it was waving a fist at the servants.

"No, push the other way! The other way! Wait, my litter isn't even there yet! I am not setting foot on this filthy ground! No, pull here, push there!"

Eventually the servants put the litter next to the carriage and a large man more or less rolls onto the litter while the rest of the servants scurry to support the weight of the man.

"This is the -last- time I travel anywhere." The corpulent man reclines on the litter resting his hands across his massive belly as he's carried to the central office of the city, serving girls handing him various food and other items as they go along. When they arrive to the gates a serving girl approaches the guards with a letter.

"Master Shan Qian is here at the request of your King"

In the back Shan Qian murmurs to himself.

"Request. Hmph, only one who didn't sound like a sobbing girl whining after some lost love and writing to me like I cared."
The attendant at the gates wasn't quite sure what to make of all of this. He wasn't sure that all of these people would be able to fit all of the way into the administration room, let alone the large man they were attending. He thought for a moment, then decided he'd go ahead and try. "Yes, yes," the attendant replied, "he had mentioned that you might be arriving. Please, follow me."

Assuming they did, they were all led into the administration building, down the short hallway, into the gateway of the large audience chambers. There, Xia Xi and his daughter sat behind a large desk on a raised dais at the rear of the room. He himself had a number of aides and attendants in his presence, answering various questions, as if preparing for something. The attendant who brought the visitor in stopped a short ways into the room, and gave the administrator something of an apologetic look. He bowed to both the visitors and those behind the desk and said, "Prefect Xia, announcing Shan Qian, a guest upon your invitation." He certainly didn't want to take any blame for this.

Xia Xi himself seemed stunned at the appearance of the man, although, perhaps, a bit bemused at the same time. He said, "Welcome to Zhaoge, Shan Qian. It had been a while since I wrote you. I had begun to lose hope." He smiled awkwardly in return. "How was your journey?"
101*.87*.44.78.39

ExiledPrince
Tornado III!

Post by ExiledPrince »

Shan Qian was carried along, continuing to shake his fist and shout directions at his attendants navigating him to the hall. He inclined his head as much as he could at the Prefect, his condition keeping him from bowing much otherwise.

"Terrible. Every rock and pebble could be felt the whole way. I despise long journeys and I would rather not take another one. In fact I'm rather hoping to not return and just stay here. I apologize for the lengthy wait but it does take a long time to pack everything I own. Still finding bits of it around every now and then..." He reaches to rub a sore spot and pulls a gold tael from under the rolls of silk and casting it aside towards a servant's head.

"Ah, here's the little trouble maker. As you can see, I do so enjoy gold and would be pleased to share my work with it you."
Shan Qian
51.51.88.93*.45

Xia Xi's Book (+6 Jud)
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

ExiledPrince wrote:Shan Qian was carried along, continuing to shake his fist and shout directions at his attendants navigating him to the hall. He inclined his head as much as he could at the Prefect, his condition keeping him from bowing much otherwise.

"Terrible. Every rock and pebble could be felt the whole way. I despise long journeys and I would rather not take another one. In fact I'm rather hoping to not return and just stay here. I apologize for the lengthy wait but it does take a long time to pack everything I own. Still finding bits of it around every now and then..." He reaches to rub a sore spot and pulls a gold tael from under the rolls of silk and casting it aside towards a servant's head.

"Ah, here's the little trouble maker. As you can see, I do so enjoy gold and would be pleased to share my work with it you."
Zhenfeng continued to be amazed by this man. He was both impressive in stature and in his attitude. He had almost forgot how nobles could be, as he didn't seem to encounter nearly as many here in Yin. He said, "I would be blessed to receive your aid. And hopefully you will enjoy your presence here as well. Tell me, though, why do you come here from Qi? Has that old weasel Tian Dan finally started to ruin the entire kingdom? Or has he just become that annoying?"
101*.87*.44.78.39

ExiledPrince
Tornado III!

Post by ExiledPrince »

"Well. Some say he's a paragon of virtue, but such rumors makes one wonder and after all I've heard..." He looks away for a moment contemplating.

"Never mind, I'm sure it's nothing. After all you know some people have uh, certain tastes. But I'm sure it'll never get out. Maybe." He looks knowingly between his servants.

"I believe you were offering me a position, Prefect. Where should I expect to be posted; hopefully not some hideous filthy village. Too much of those on the way here."
Shan Qian
51.51.88.93*.45

Xia Xi's Book (+6 Jud)
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

ExiledPrince wrote:"Well. Some say he's a paragon of virtue, but such rumors makes one wonder and after all I've heard..." He looks away for a moment contemplating.

"Never mind, I'm sure it's nothing. After all you know some people have uh, certain tastes. But I'm sure it'll never get out. Maybe." He looks knowingly between his servants.

"I believe you were offering me a position, Prefect. Where should I expect to be posted; hopefully not some hideous filthy village. Too much of those on the way here."
"Uh, I haven't decided," he replied. "Somebody of your ability should be directing the administration of a city. I am unsure I can provide that for you yet, but hopefully something suitable can be found in the meantime. I am happy to have you aboard."

Shan Qian has joined! Post OI for PH access.
101*.87*.44.78.39