Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Naxr wrote:"I will do so. Is there anything else you would like to speak about?"
"No, Master Xiang, that is all. Unless you have something else for me, I shall take my leave." Bowing to Xiang Kai, the warrior then left the city and returned to Changsha.
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
NightForever
Colonel

Post by NightForever »

Naxr

Wu Weilong listened to the question from the lord of Liang. Shortly after lord Xiang finished his question, the Southern Swordsman replied.

"Lord Xiang, I may overestimate myself, but I think my skills make me fit into several positions. Primarily, I have multiple skills in dueling, making me fit in the position of the duelist of the troop. At the same time, I do study some skills that allow me to be a wing general in the front line of the troop. Lastly, if needed be, I could be a decent commander of the front line of the troop. That, obviously, depends on your consideration which part I could fill in your army."

Wu Weilong paused a little, and then went on.

"I know that it might sound insolent, but could you please let me know about to what extent the offer for me would be, given that I am worthy enough to join your army?"
Shangguan Wei (21) | 90-91-21-78-22 | Charge II, Delay II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid I, Yueshu II
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Yes, well, upon joining officers receive a monthly salary of 50 gold. Over time, as they prove their loyalty and dedication, they will receive much more. In your case, you will have many chances to prove yourself, as Liang has found itself in a series of battles over the last several months, with many more likely to come. But tell me, why have you come to Liang, as opposed to any other province or lord?"
NightForever
Colonel

Post by NightForever »

A small grin appeared from Wu Weilong's face. He looked aimlessly while speaking to the lord of Liang.

"That is the question I have expected from you, lord Xiang. Not so long ago, I was just a mere fighter who roamed over the land, just to find a worthy opponent in the duel. Recently, however, so many things have happened to me, including losses of my beloved ones. Since then, I feel the urge within me to prove to myself that I am a worthy man, aiming to bring peace to the land in this era of violence."

He paused for a while and turned his face to Xiang Kai.

"Then I started to look at the current situation over the land, to find a place where I can use my ability to the fullest for a good cause. I would like to join the force that is somewhat already consolidated, yet still growing and active. Only in such place where I can have plenty of resource while still having a chance to prove myself as a worthy general. To the best of my knowledge, Liang is one of such places - the entire province is united by your force. However, it is surrounded by many powerful parties, so it is still an active area. Finally, there is still an opening for your kingdom to grow, which means more officers will be welcomed to join your force. With such reasons, I chose to come here before you, lord Xiang."

Wu Weilong stopped a little, allowing his words to sink in, before going on.

"The only thing that I still wonder is you, lord Xiang. If you do not mind, is it possible for me to know your alignment and attitude towards a few major forces surrounding you, given that it is possible?"
Shangguan Wei (21) | 90-91-21-78-22 | Charge II, Delay II, Instructor II, Qiangshu II, Raid I, Yueshu II
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kai listened to the man, somewhat satisfied with himself as the man described Liang's situation. After Weilong asked the question, Kai thought to himself for a few seconds before replying, "Sure, go ahead. I will answer you what I feel appropriate."
NightForever
Colonel

Post by NightForever »

The Southern Swordsman nodded in response to lord of Liang's permission.

"Thank you, lord Xiang. I am curious in your alignment towards you neighboring forces-Xia Xi of Yin, Chen Sheng of Chu, Tian Dan of Qi. Also, What is your perception of both remaining Qin powers, King Ying Fusu and Ying Huhai? Lastly, in what principle do you use as the primary strategy for your kingdom - Invasion, Development, or Diplomacy?"
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

He tried to remember the order by which the man asked as he answered. "Let's see... Xia Xi? He has shown himself to be friendly to Liang through his actions. So we in turn return such friendship. I am not quite sure where the man fits in the grand scheme of things, whether he follows the Qin or not. He is in quite a perilous situation, but as long as he remains no threat to us, Liang does not to him. Going south, King Chen She is also a friend of Liang. Similarly to our outlook on Yin, as long as he does not see fit to intrude on Liang, we will not on Chu. Of course, we do look on him as more than that. If he were to get into some trouble, and given his situation this is not unlikely, we might be inclined to help. Currently, it could be said that Chu acts as our bulwark against the Qin. If Chu were to fall, as would Liang. To the north, we do not share a border directly with King Tian Dan, but with a man who may or may not be his vassal, Lao Yongrui. With Yongrui, I have met the man once, and he seems friendly yet his demeanor is cold and frank. The Tians have spelled it out that they have no plans outside of Qi, so I have no reason not to be friendly to them as well. So in all, I have amicable relations with my neighbors. But, I suppose I should mention Yi Lian to the south in Huainan as well? We are friendly to her force as well, though we had a potentially serious situation when her troops marched on the same city my armies were sent to capture. But that is water under the bridge now."

He paused, not sure how to continue on discussing relations with Yi Lian. "Moving on, the Qin and their squabbles are too far removed from Liang that what they do and the decisions they make are of no consequence to me at the moment. They have enough before them to worry about me as well."

Finished with discussing the affairs of the world, he moved on to the man's final question. "As for my ultimate strategy, you seem to be asking? I do not work in that manner. I only do what I can to make life more comfortable and prosperous for those I am tasked to protect. Sometimes this involves fighting off a corrupt governor who allows bandits to run rampant through his territory and into mine. Other times we speak with our neighbors in order to come to an understanding on how we can best serve our interests by cooperating with the other. And then the cities, towns, and villages are developed as they should be. I suppose if I were to put the three against each other, more resources are devoted to development than the others. I hope I answered your questions, as I am liable to ramble as I may have done," he shrugged.
NightForever
Colonel

Post by NightForever »

Wu Weilong listened to lord Xiang's explanation quietly but eagerly. After the speaker finished his words, the Southern Swordsman replied back.

"Thank you very much for your explanation, lord Xiang. I am just a mere commoner, yet you allowed me to meet a lord of the land like you. You are also willing to answer any of my question honestly and openly. Your generosity have my total admiration. If you do not mind, I would insolently ask one more request. Now that I am clear of anything about you and your force, lord Xiang. I would like to ask if I am allowed to consider everything one last time before joining your force. To be honest, I have a small army of few thousands men currently residing in Chu. Once I have settled my mind to serve you, rest assured that all of my men would come to join you in the next month. But for now, I would like to return to Chu to meet my army and make my final decision there. What says you about that, lord Xiang?"
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

Kai shrugged once more, "I can't force you to stay. Well, I suppose I could, but slave labor doesn't make for the most effective results. So you may leave to make your decision. Just know that you and your men are welcome to join me, that is, as long as your own beliefs and desires are in line with those that motivate my cause, which they seem to be."
NightForever
Colonel

Post by NightForever »

Naxr

"Thank you very much, lord Xiang. I guarantee you that the time you spent in our meeting would not be a waste. For now, please take care."

The Southern Swordsman bowed to the lord of Liang before riding back to Chu to meet with his personal army.