The Music Thread!

Moderator: Game Masters

Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

/me generally accepts hugs

Of course I like Travis Smith! Trivium has only been my favorite band for the poast two years! I like all the members, all the songs, all the cds! :P
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

Yeah Trivium are a great band ^_^ My favroutie song has to be "Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation" off thier latest album ^_^

hehe I crowd-surfed to Ascendency when they played at my hometown a couple of months ago ^_^
Zhao Ji (15)
Stats: 33-92*-36-74-77
Skills: Challenge I, Cover I, Doctor, Faze I Intimidate II, Maraud I, Raid I, Yueshu II
Gold: 125
--
"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

Tom wrote:As it happens Pyro, my parents live in Staffs and I have been to the sugar mill before :wink:
Double Post: I missed this post, sue me.

I'm surprised that the Sugarmill was voted #9 in the top ten rock clubs in the UK. The Mill is tiny and doesn't even have toilets that work :P . Still some great bands play there which is why it probably ranked so high
Zhao Ji (15)
Skills: Challenge I, Cover I, Doctor, Faze I Intimidate II, Maraud I, Raid I, Yueshu II
--
"When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up!"
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Yeh its like some of the good bands play at Keele Uni, I don't suppose you're old enough to get in there yet?
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Dash, Inspire II, Lure, Manoeuvre, Rally, Reactive Defence, Wedge, Scout
Pyro
Captain

Post by Pyro »

pssh I'll never be able to afford to go to uni anyway :P

But yeah still in college
Zhao Ji (15)
--
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

Listening to Ascendency now :D :D :D

The Mill had the Kaiser Chiefs playing not so long ago. I went the night after though to a New York Dolls concert- yes I know I said I hate punk but it was because a couple of mates wanted to go. I regret my decision. :cry:
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63
Mogwai
General

Post by Mogwai »

I'm a follower not a leader.

My favorite Band: Primus
Worst Band Ever: Ugh. Probably Simple Plan.
Biggest let down CD: Saves the Day - In Reverie
Favorite Female Singer: Um, probably Bjork, or the chick frome Blonde Redhead.
Favorite Male Singer: Anthoney Kiedis
Favorite Guitarist: Trey Anastasio
Favorite Drummer: Chad Smith
Favorite Bassist: Les Claypool without a doubt

Most underrated band: Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade!

Most Overrated Singer: Clay Aiken
Most Overrated guitarist: Zakk Wylde
Most Overrated bassist: Uh..maybe.. That guy. That plays bass. And is overrated.
Most Overrated Drummer: Tommy Lee!

Top 10 Bands: (Not in much of an order really. These are the bands I maily listen to. The top 5 are only in any real order)

1. Primus/Oysterhead/LCFFFB/CCBoBB (Les Claypool)
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Modest Mouse
4. Cursive
5. Inka Rot
6. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
7. Jaco Pastorius
8. Beck
9. G. Love and Special Sauce
10. Radiohead
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

I bought a Mastodon cd today and I must say it's everythig I'd hoped for. :P

Sadly, the Iced Earth cd I bought didn't live up to my expectations. :(
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

Post by GoGo the Monkey »

Thus I come to promote! We all know I listen to what some might find 'crappy' music. But hey, i'll be honest with you. While it is, atleast they have something to say. But back to what I was going to do!

I'm not sure if any of you have listened to New York Rel-X. But they're a great band, I promise. Ok, maybe if you're a Misfits/80's fan you might like them. Either way, still good!

http://www.myspace.com/newyorkrelx

Just a taste of their music, heh. Yes, the vocalist is a female. But who cares, they still sound great. I promise, its nothing about politics. No, they dont scream or sound like guys. It's just old 80's type punk rock, meh!
Tom
Major

Post by Tom »

The Tommy Guns were playing a week or so ago. Apparently they have some multi-million pound record deal but I can't see why. They were very good looking but as far as their music goes, it was terrible.
Xiahou Liang, 35
Ruler of Wuzhong
86-79-71-50-63