Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

Naxr

Min quiety thought to herself for a moment.

"Whole villages sacked and burned. Bandit raids I assumed, although I wasn't sure. It, was a horrible sight. Such things, I do not know why people are drawn to such senseless violence. It saddens me that people are forced to suffer under such horrors." Min finally halted, the painful memories of what she had not said, were etched in her memory forever more.
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Deceased V4 Character: Baofu YaoYan
V3 Character: Xiao-Niao Min
Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

A small retinue of horsemen could be seen approaching Dingtao from the southern horizon. Within several minutes, the banners of Taishi Guang could be seen flying from the cavalrymen. As the group approached the main gate, the lead rider broke from the group and came near to the Dingtao sentries. Dismounting, he held his hands out, indicating that he did not have hostile intentions.

"I am Taishi Guang of Changsha," the man stated loudly. "I come on a diplomatic mission and request to speak with Xiang Kai... I will submit to whatever security protocols you deem necessary."
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Naxr wrote:Kimche

"Of course, there is no point in us fighting as our goals seem to be in line as far as I can see. Is this the extent of the relationship your lady had in mind, or is there something more?" he asked curiously.
Kan Xi paused for a moment, even though he had been ordered as such, he is clearly debating whether or not to go on. Finally, he makes a decision to deflect the question back to Xiang Kai, "Lord Xiang, I haven't been instructed to go further, I must admit. Though I believe it is in the best interest of both parties if we do. Therefore, I will go forward with this. Does the Lord Xiang wish the friendship be more than just cordial? Or does Lord Xiang wish to make this friendship between our two administrations friendlier? I believe my lady would agree to a more friendly term."
Ren Zhe
Sergeant

Post by Ren Zhe »

Naxr wrote:"You're here to speak with the prefect?" asked one of the guards sadly. "Well, we'll have to search you first, protocol and all."

Assuming he consents, he is searched and any lethal items are temporarily removed. He is then led into the building by the guard first mentioned. They soon find themselves outside of an office where several other guards are standing. The first guard goes into the office and announces to its occupant, "Prefect, Yi Genzhen is here to see you," before bowing, then turning around to head back to his duties at the front.

Sitting back in his chair behind a desk, Kai welcomed the man in, "Come, take a seat," he said as he waved to the chairs in front of his desk. "So it seems you've received my invitation then. I hope your journey here wasn't too difficult?"
"Considering that I pretty much live next door, no. It wasn't difficult in the least."

Genzhen replied, but every few words, he turned to eye his surroundings suspiciously and check both sides of the room for 'magical hidden ninjas'.

"Right, so...You're offering to hire me on for your arms production department, is that correct? I'm in a bit of a financial bind, so I'm more than willing to draw a salary from you, especially since minimal effort is required on my part. I'm going to completely ignore your mentionings of my martial ability though, as I have no desire to see any combat whatsoever and I just want to live in peace for some time to come. If you can guarentee that I will never be fielded in combat without my express permission, and agree to certain lodging conditions, consider me hired."
Liu Changyu

<RenZhe> CC has the power of Geass.
<Taishi_Ci> This is why I never look CC in the eye
<Taishi_Ci> Otherwise I'd be all YESSU, MAI LORDU and blow Li Peng's brains out
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

GoGo the Monkey

"It is difficult for me to make such decisions about future events, you must understand, as I have many different obligations that I need to fulfill to many different groups. But I will say this," he continued, weighing his words carefully, "If Chu were to be attacked, Liang will do what it can to help. As for those taking land in one province to attack the other, I think it is allowable that either should be able to take the offending force out. Though, I will admit that I see that situation as highly unlikely."

bain_nick

"That's a shame. That was one of the problems that Liang felt due to the chaos that engulfs the land. But luckily, we have been able to put an end to it. One can only hope that those in other provinces will soon come to their senses and end this nonsense in their homes as well. What do you think about all of this, and what should be done?"

Nanjun Tiger

As a group of guards listened to the man, one whispered something to another. After Guang finished, that other guard stepped forward and said, "Please follow me, sir."

If he follows, he is led through the gate and into the city. Only a short walk later, they arrive at the audience hall, where the guard leads the visitor right past the guards on duty outside of it. They soon find themselves in a large poorly furnished room. Though the room lacked in decoration, it was flowing with craftsmen, merchants, city officials, and guards. At the end of the room on his throne sat the prefect, Xiang Kai. With several guards standing at attention at each of his sides, he spoke to a man standing before him. Kai, noticing the gate guard enter the room with a stranger, said something to the man before him, causing him to walk off. With the space before the prefect now clear, the gate guard led his guest to a distance of twenty feet from where Kai sat. Stopping, he waited for Kai's eyes to rest on him before he announced, "Taishi Guang of Changsha to see you today."

"Changsha, eh?" Kai questioned. "That's a good distance from here. What brings you here to Liang on this fine day?" he asked with a smile.

Kimche

He smiled at the suggestion, "Well, if she did not give you the power to do so, then I believe we must discuss anything more at a later time. I know I would not be pleased if an envoy under my service were to deviate from the the course given him. So I will not encourage you to do so either. Though, you may tell your lady that I would be interested in seeing any proposals that she may have."

Ren Zhe

Kai was rather surprised at how quick the man made his point. It seems the man had made his decision before arriving. "OK... This is great then! It would do me no good to send you to war if you do not like it. If a man doesn't like what he's doing, he won't do it well is what I think. What are these lodging conditions you speak of however?"

Post your OI here to receive PH access!
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Kan Xi did not say anything, he just bowed courteously and left the hall unless stopped.
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

"We must always protect the people, sir. It is why you sit here today, just as other lords sit there in there own cities. Bandits and corrupt officials must be brought to justice, if this land is to know peace."
Si Ari Lei 45-50-58-80-81, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Engineer II, Politician II, Public Planner II

Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

bain_nick

"Hmmm... Yes, if every man and woman came together and regarded all others as their own brothers and their own sisters, then we wouldn't have many problems. No, not many problems at all..." Kai reflected for a moment. "So you have traveled all over and have discovered many things. Tell me, what part in all of this do you hope to play? Or perhaps will you sit back and let the struggle play out without your involvement?"
GoGo the Monkey
Marshal

Post by GoGo the Monkey »

"It is difficult for me to make such decisions about future events, you must understand, as I have many different obligations that I need to fulfill to many different groups. But I will say this," he continued, weighing his words carefully, "If Chu were to be attacked, Liang will do what it can to help. As for those taking land in one province to attack the other, I think it is allowable that either should be able to take the offending force out. Though, I will admit that I see that situation as highly unlikely.
His brow arched as the man spoke Xiong listened to him carefully. The audience had went as far as he had expected it to go. Part of him did not deny that the meeting had come to this because of his own skills. Yet he had heard what he deemed a sufficient answer to his kings question.

"Then I shall return to Chu with your words. I will tell my King that we are like brothers and Liang shall assist us when the time permits them. I am sure my King will understand your predicament. The province of Liang is like Chu, surrounded on all sides. One must first think about the safety of his people." he stated before taking a bow."If I am permitted.." he quietly uttered before leaving given he was allowed.
bain_nick
Captain

Post by bain_nick »

"I want to help the people, that has become my main goal for my life, although I do not know how I will achieve this. That is why I travel, to discover what I can do for the people that still suffer in this land."Min replied.