Xiang Kai's Audience Hall - Dingtao

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

kimhuyang
New Recruit

Post by kimhuyang »

A small carriage arrived at the front of Dingtao's hall; A thin middle aged man emerged from it. He fanned himself with his fan and introduced to the guard "I am Lu Kang, ex-politican in a small rural town, here to presented myself to the lord of Dingtao, Xiang Kai." He passed a letter to the guard and agreed to any search.
Lu Kang(47)
Stats: 48-36-88-25-89
Skills:Politician III, Diplomat III, Deride II, Engineer I, Inspire II, Public Planner I, Rally I
PB: Liang 36.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

A guard accepted the letter, but didn't read it or anything. He just proceeded to search the man, removing any weapons he might find. With that done, he said, "Come with me. I'll take you to him."

Assuming Lu Kang follows, he is led into the audience hall. From the main room he is led into a hallway where they soon found themselves outside of an office, which had outside it several guards standing about, chatting amongst themselves. The guard who had brought Lu Kang went to them and said something. Then, turning to Lu Kang, he said, "I have to return to my post now, Prefect Kai will be with you shortly," after which he walked away.

The remaining guards knocked on the door, and after a moment or two, one of the guards opened the door and motioned for Lu Kang to enter. In the office he would not find much, a desk with several chairs and a tray in front of them, and of course the prefect himself sat behind his desk on a chair of his own. "Hello, Lu Kang, is it? It is nice to meet you. How are you today? Can we bring you some water or anything?"
kimhuyang
New Recruit

Post by kimhuyang »

Lu Kang bowed to the man in front of him and introduced himself " My name is Lu Kang, an ex-politician, now a wanderer through this war-torn land. After the Qin's power dwindled, many lords like your self took the opportunity and rose to power in many provinces. Some claimed they have manifest destiny, other claimed they work for people." Kang's eyes fixated on Xiang Kai as he continued the conversation " I'm just curious as what is your excuse for taking over a province so blatantly?"
Lu Kang(47)
Skills:Politician III, Diplomat III, Deride II, Engineer I, Inspire II, Public Planner I, Rally I
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"Ah, right to point, eh?" he smiled. "Well, I don't think I have any delusions of grandeur about any of this. Liang has just been a huge mess with bandits running around every which way, and the constant fear of danger always lurking around the next corner. I simply feel that I'm doing what I can to help out. Bringing the province together as I have done seems to me the best method for doing so. Mind you, I know I still have a long way to go. But we're getting there, in terms of bringing order to the cities and towns, allowing people to safely live their lives without as much fear. So I suppose you can put that under "working for the people." Though I am not as much as an idealist that that wording suggests. I hope I answered your question fully?"

Kai took a deep breath before continuing, "You say you are an ex-politician? Can you tell me about yourself, like where you last served, why you left?"
kimhuyang
New Recruit

Post by kimhuyang »

He closed his eyes and reminisced the past . After a while, with his eyes still closed, Kang answered "I used to serve as a bookkeeper in Xiang Yang's court. However, to ensure stability, the First Emperor buried many scholar alive, burned any book deemed to be a threat to his rule. I was on the list, expected to be buried alive. But, as heaven decreed, I was out of town on that day to visit my ill grandmother, and managed to escaped from that horrible fate. My family wasn't so fortunate" He shook his head in sadness and opened his eyes, small tears trickled down his chin "I have been wandering across the land ever since, never stayed at once place long enough for others to know me. I used to blame the heaven for the sparing of my life. I'd rather died along with my family and many other scholars instead of this pitiful life. However, i can't died right now, there must be a reason why I am still alive. After the qin fell, the suffering of people continued as war ravaging across the empire. I decided it's time I come back and try to search for an answer, a reason why I lived and other do not. Just like last time, as i wondered where to go, a letter arrived to invite me here, to Liang so i decided to take my chance and followed their guidance."
Lu Kang(47)
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

He signed, "That's quite unfortunate." Then he was silent for a moment or two. Continuing, wishing to avoid the first topic, "So you're looking to make a difference as well then, I hope? I am thankful that you have come here to Liang, as there is much to do here. Of course, I suppose there is as much that needs to be done anywhere else. But, could I possible convince you that you could do a great amount of good here? We'll give you a place to stay, a salary, and of course, you'll be safe."
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Kan Xi, who is on his first journey as a politician, is as excited as they come. When he found out that Yi Lian had sent him on this mission, he nearly fell off of his chair at the desk. Quickly, he went back home and put on the best clothes that he had and went straight to Dingtao. He was glad to be out of Huainan finally. When he got to Dingtao, he brushed dirt out of his robe and said to the guards, "I am Kan Xi, District Justicar of Prefect Wu Shu of Marquis Yi Lian of Huainan." He took a deep breath. "I wish to speak to his honor Xiang Kai of Dingtao. I will honor your protocol with no objections."
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

The guards listened to the man. When Xi finished, one of the guards walked up to him, "OK, I'll just have to search here and there," he said as he removed any weapons the man might be carrying.

"Come, follow me," the guard directed the envoy after he was done. Assuming Xi follows, he is led into the audience hall. They walk until they approach a group of guards standing outside a door. "We have an envoy from the south here with us today."

"Go ahead," said one of the guards at the door as he nodded to the door.

The first guard walked up to it, knocked, then waited. After a moment, he opened the door and declared to the man inside, "Prefect Xiang Kai, District Justicar Kan Xi in service to Marquis Yi Lian of Huainan here to see you," before promptly stepping aside for the man to enter.

Inside, Xiang Kai sat back in a chair behind his desk, waiting for the man to enter. The "office," if one could call it that, was completely empty except for Kai's chair and desk, and several chairs before the desk.
Kimche

Post by Kimche »

Looking at the man in front of him, Kan Xi was surprised at how little furnished the office was. But it didn't shake him. He once again brushed his robe and made a proper bow. "District Justicar of Prefect Wu Shu of Marquis Yi Lian, on behalf of Marquis Yi of Huainan, bring you good tidings from the town of Yiling, Huainan." He waits for a response.
Naxr
Colonel

Post by Naxr »

"It is nice to meet you. You may sit down if you'd like," he said as he motioned to the chairs before the desk with his right hand. "So, good tidings? Those are always welcome here," he smiled. "Anything else?"