Feedback / Comments

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Feedback / Comments

Post by Phailak »

Ing is just the lazy programmer in me that didn't want to deal with database reserved word INT :mrgreen: but I like Ingeniuity too
CapoJoe
New Recruit

Post by CapoJoe »

Versatile: Increase a random output significantly

What does that actually mean or do?
Titania
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Titania »

CapoJoe wrote:Versatile: Increase a random output significantly

What does that actually mean or do?
So in your Planning Phase, there will be a list of your character as well as any NPC officers you have. Versatile is a skill that can be used if you select the 'Camp' or 'Scavenge' action for the PP - if an officer is assigned to those actions and the Versatile skill is selected from the drop down box, a random resource (NPC points, Gold, Troops, etc) is picked, and the normal output from the action is boosted by the level of versatile you have. It's completely random, so it's a shot in the dark regarding what you'll get, but it is a pretty good boost to whatever you do get. It's just for that one officer, it doesn't boost anyone else's results, and it is the officer's action for the turn.
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

I think next version, rather than such a small npc camp maybe instead just have household costs? 5 gold per npc per turn maybe?

So effectively soft caps rather than hard caps?

Maybe it increases to 10 gold per npc when you have a town and 20 gold per npc when you have a city.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Not against the idea, worried a bit about finding a way for NPCs to pay themselves and then back to NPC armies.

Why do you feel this way is bad, too generic? (like everyone has max NPC)?
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Well it is I think when you dont have locations, too easy to hit the cap and when you have the locations the cap doesnt matter too much.

Maybe start at a 9 NPC cap.

You could remove gold from scavenge results?
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

I still don't think trader is working...3 trades with Zhang Gao, and never once has the split been in favor. and I don't think he is getting bonus as well.
Titania
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Titania »

Phailak and I checked all of the trades when it was first questioned if there was a potential issue, and all of the trades we checked came out correctly. I'll have him check again once he returns from his work trip, but up to this point they've been working correctly and nothing with the coding has changed. Will update as soon as possible.