Feedback / Comments

Choso
Coral Serpent

Re: Feedback / Comments

Post by Choso »

V8 development Spy Points.

(I know I missed version 6 apparently thievery was rampant)

I feel like spy points are hard to balance between worthless and overpowered. We are still not sure how it's going to play out V7 and the mechanics are kind of mysterious. My ideas include.

1. Bidding Spy Points for Priority on Military Movements. However Bids the Highest get to go first. As in if multiple people attack the same target.

2. Using Spy Points as a direct currency to destroy and/or steal stuff. Such as 3 Spy points destroy 1 resource. 6 spy points steal 1 resource. There could still be an officer attached, and still have a pass or fail mechanic or partial success/failure.

3. You could use spy points for defensive and offensive ploys. Offensive Ploys would be similar to the current system of Military Spy Actions, Defensive Ploys would be thwarting Offensive Spy Actions and hampering Invaders. It could be as simple as applying Tactics Pre Battle with no hit to effectiveness.
Last edited by Choso on Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

V8 Armaments and Troop Training/Morale

I maybe making a problem where there is none, but I also feel like these are under utilized aspects of the game.

Armaments are pretty lame and seem a little inconsequential. I could be wrong this is all theory. Sure 25 attack is nice but you could achieve a similar benefit from Equipment and depending on the size of the Army cheaper. Though both do stack.

Suggestions include improving more stats than just Attack. (I know morale improves defense but more on that in abit)

The next suggestion is letting armament percentage, and morale percentage improve success rate and/or effect of tactics. Or perhaps unlock unique tactics all together that can only be used if you meet the requirements. edit: I see morale directly effects officer effectiveness which in turn effects tactics success and effect.

Perhaps a Tactic that really rewards someone who invests in Elite Troops.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

All noted, let's review when we get into dev 7, nothing I agree with more than bringing back some meaning to arms, in V4 we had all different sets affecting different things, would be cool.

I don't mind revamping spy stuff, so long as we keep it simple
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Turn 6 = Jan 191 according to storyline 5 provinces.

Also can you bump Shang Bo's to age 42
Yuki-Onna
Ensign

Post by Yuki-Onna »

If we're talking about the next version, my suggestion is to make the story concurrent or a near sequel with this one. Basically, the idea could be that while the battles in these five provinces are taking place, another battle is happening in the South. It could be another five provinces scenario, or something different. Some possible warlords to throw in could be Sun Jian/Ce (depending on preference; Jian theoretically was a vassal of Yuan Shu), Yuan Shu, Liu Biao, Shi Xie and Liu Zhang (if Sichuan is also included). The story could reference events that happened in this version.
Fugitive Xiongnu chieftain Xubu Kai

70-61-61-34-53

Aid 1, Ambidextrous 1, Commander 3, Craftsman 1, Decoy 1, Engineer 1, Investor 1, Perception 1, Rally 1, Studious 1

Sub-Officer: Rap Masta Q (Qian Li), Donald Trump (Ken Tan), Sha Di Man
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Yuki-Onna wrote:If we're talking about the next version, my suggestion is to make the story concurrent or a near sequel with this one. Basically, the idea could be that while the battles in these five provinces are taking place, another battle is happening in the South. It could be another five provinces scenario, or something different. Some possible warlords to throw in could be Sun Jian/Ce (depending on preference; Jian theoretically was a vassal of Yuan Shu), Yuan Shu, Liu Biao, Shi Xie and Liu Zhang (if Sichuan is also included). The story could reference events that happened in this version.
Write it and submit and I'm sure it will win
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

I'd like to see a raze mechanic, if you are attacked by an overwhelming force or get vultured.

Something along the lines of half production and then whoever takes it gets half production for a turn or 2.

I mean a V8 idea for sure
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

I have some feedback about the game and this entire project in general.

You're doing a great job and we appreciate you. That is all
Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Post by Suicide Fox »

As usual I have a gripe with the system when I discovered it highly unfavored me, so this will be biased, but I don't think I'm wrong.

The problem: extended battles and spoils of war

Now I figure it has something to do with the tools and from a programming perspective, but to give LESS spoils of war to people who were in extended battles because of the troop counts of the final confrontation is BAD. It's going to create a huge snowball effect, which will even more favor the min-maxers than the system already does. Those who started with better stats and skills and who are winning their battles in 1 round are getting over 100% more spoils of war than those who go into extended battles (more like 1000%+ in some cases, mine)

I never noticed this until it happened to me, or I would have said something sooner.

I'll still deal, but I don't like it one bit. And I would encourage players who have been in extended battles to be extremely weary of the players who are winning battles in 1 month --- they have WAY more resources than you and they'll just continue to snowball out of control if they can keep it up.

Lets just look at the battle Yuki is in right now for instance. It's lasting 3 months, and both players are commiting a ton of resources. You telling me at the end of that they're going to get piddly spoils of war making them even more vulnerable? Oof, feelsbadman.

If we could look into this next version, or even now, that would be cool because this is a pretty big balance issue imho

/bows
Yuki-Onna
Ensign

Post by Yuki-Onna »

I also got pretty much pittance from my extended battle that seized Dongwan in the first place. I agree with you on this issue personally.

I suspect my battle with Yu Yan is going to end in a stalemate actually, as I think I'm going to retire my independence before this turn change, thus reverting Dongwan back to NPCville.
Fugitive Xiongnu chieftain Xubu Kai

70-61-61-34-53

Aid 1, Ambidextrous 1, Commander 3, Craftsman 1, Decoy 1, Engineer 1, Investor 1, Perception 1, Rally 1, Studious 1

Sub-Officer: Rap Masta Q (Qian Li), Donald Trump (Ken Tan), Sha Di Man