The Minstrels of the Southwest

TheRudeDude7
Drug Lord

The Minstrels of the Southwest

Post by TheRudeDude7 »

In times of war, there's always a bit of light.
Although they have no role in the governance of the locations, most of the southwest is known for their festivals and music. The sounds of the pipa and sheng radiate throughout the valleys. The citizens there are simply jolly, and don't want anything to do with the conflict around them. Simply put, all they want to do is thrive.
Together, the heads of Shangdang, Guangping, and Julu are all together simply to play music. Although they aren't experienced in combat, they are ready to defend themselves.

To join in the revelry, stop by any one of the locations.
TheSoupStar
Familial Traitor

Re: The Minstrels of the Southwest

Post by TheSoupStar »

Zheng ventured to the Southwest lands after spending some months in his steadilly growing camp. He had grown quite tired of the camp life with the constant management of soldiers and equipment and supplies, and had decided to seek some merrymaking to keep his mind off of what he believed would be stressful times coming soon. He traveled with no companions, having left a temporary officer in charge of hsi camp full of new arrivals, until he could return.

Zheng Quqi was a man who found great enjoyment in music and revelry (despite not being the most effective at bringing it about) and having heard of the great amounts of both in town had decided to visit Julu. Quite disappointingly to himself, he had spent a large portion of his life studying battles and the tactics that go into them, and while amassing an army these skills could prove quite useful, he had never become a people person, and had a great desire to change this about himself. Zheng, while enjoying the music and festivities rampant in the town, began seeking the man in charge of the town and it's affairs, in hopes to have an audience.
TheRudeDude7
Drug Lord

Post by TheRudeDude7 »

Within the city of Julu, a festival was occurring. The sounds of celebration were simply deafening. Great parades tread through the center of town. Massive tables of food lined the streets. Different citizens danced from here and there. Purple banners hung from every street corner. To top it all off, music played from every nook and cranny of the town. Elders and children alike joined in with their own instruments. It seemed the people of Julu had found solace in these troubling times for China.
In the center of the town square, Jiang Julu spoke to the townsmen. Julu was not a tall man, but quite the rotund individual. He appeared to be having a great time, and was a tad bit red in the face(most likely from a bit too much alcohol). It seemed he was open to conversation with any individual who would like to speak to him.
TheSoupStar
Familial Traitor

Post by TheSoupStar »

Zheng grabbed food, enjoyed the music, and gaped at parades as he searched through the town for Jiang Julu, the ruler of the town. Some in particular caught his eyes and ears, and he stopped and gave performers some money if they were enjoyable. His roaming led him all around the town, and he witnessed a great many spectacles. Zheng eventually reached the town square, and seeing Julu, promptly approached him to have a conversation. Zheng offered his greetings.

"Amazing festival you have here, Julu, quite the spectacle to behold." Zheng swept his arm as a gesture to everything around him, while continuing, "In all my years of living, I've truly never seen anything so grand! I've heard about them throughout China, and they do hold up to everything that I've heard of them!" Looking around, still smiling at what was happening around him, he turned back to Julu. "I've always wished to be someone who could host something like this, but I've never really known much about how to entertain and please other people like this. To get to the point, I have a group of followers and I want to join your alliance of entertainers here in the Southwest, and if possible I'd love for you to teach me how to throw a party just like this one."

Zheng stood and awaited a response.
TheRudeDude7
Drug Lord

Post by TheRudeDude7 »

"Really? Well that's great!" laughed Julu. "And I can definitely teach you how to throw the most magnificent parties, my friend. Although, I'll need something in exchange first good sir."
Julu paused for a bit, thinking thoughtfully.
"We could always use more money for instruments. I'd say about 400 gold would be enough to purchase some more tools!"
"Or, possibly, an expert musician would be great! Bring me a skilled player, and I'll let you into our festive friendship. Do me any one of these things, and you're in my friend! But if you can't handle those, at least help yourself to some food!"
Julu laughed a bit, before sitting back down and turning to the next person.

(OOC: Bring the Minstrels 400 gold, or an NPC with 70 ING as well as Encourage 2 to become an associate of the Minstrels!)
TheSoupStar
Familial Traitor

Post by TheSoupStar »

Zheng Quqi sat down and thought about the request, then grinned, and immediately went back to talk to Julu again, after waiting his turn among the others ready to listen to him.

"I happen to know just the guy you are looking for. A man at my camp - Kan Jaisichu. I will send him to you, should I be allowed to join the Minstrels. And along with that, I would love to help myself to some food."

Should Julu confirm the deal, Zheng will send him Kan Jaisichu.
TheRudeDude7
Drug Lord

Post by TheRudeDude7 »

The time of revelry was coming to a close for the Minstrels. Over the past few months, the victory at Beihai had spurred the Order to more aggressive antics. They had been demanding much of the musicians - first their gold, then their men, and finally, complete conquest. The minstrels, of course, refused, and tensions have been rising ever since.
Then, early March, an Order noble was assassinated - some say it was staged, others say it was the eastern savages. Regardless, war has erupted between the two neighbors.