General Roleplay

Titania
Administrator
Administrator

General Roleplay

Postby Titania » Wed May 29, 2019 9:28 am

A thread for any RPs that do not have specific ties to location or a specific force.

Mal Tijie
Officer

Re: General Roleplay

Postby Mal Tijie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:33 pm

OPEN RP

IN A GARDEN IN PINGYUAN

A boy sat at a gazebo located in the center of the garden. The sound of birds chirping and water flowing filled the air. He was seated at a table, warm tea in front of him. An elderly man stood beside him, ready to provide more tea for the young man. The boy was dressed in eloquent white and blue robes. His hair was tied up out of his face, revealing large burn scars around his left eye, traveling across his nose and up to parts of his forehead. Despite the grotesque injury, his face was handsome, and peaceful. He sat, occasionally sipping his tea, watching the moving water, waiting to see what the day would bring.

mercurian
New Recruit

Postby mercurian » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:30 am

Wei Zan

Two men wearing hemp robes were spotted near the gazebo, admiring the scenery. Although it could be said that they looked like commoners, one of them had quite an air of nobility around him, and he carried his robe elegantly as if he wore something of silk. The two-handed jian sheathed on his waist and his feet being wrapped in tall riding boots seemed to signify that he was a soldier just patrolling the countryside, his gait also passing him off as such, but he was really by that time an untrained youth, only using the meager muscle that he had for either forging of metal or to lead off horses. Accompanying him was a retainer carrying provisions for a simple viewing of a garden: a small stove, two bronze zun, some fruits, and a gourd of wine.

"So this was the garden that you were talking about, right? I can see why you suggested this place to me to wind down and relax." The youth's voice was melodic and charming, but it seemed to not faze the follower who seemed to know him a lot.

"Indeed, Young Master Yuanjin. I always happen to pass by this place and admire the beauty of the garden. There is a gazebo near where we are standing, let me lead you there to settle while I prepare the stove at some other place..."

"...Which, I see, is already occupied. Was this garden owned by somebody else?"

The calm aquamarine eyes settled on a gazebo from a distance, already inhabited by another youth sitting there, attended by an old man.

"I dare think we need to leave this place. I am just newly settled here in the area, I don't want to cause any more trouble."

"I was not thinking that this place is owned by another person; it was always uninhabited and nearly forgotten when I always passed by here... but as you wish."

The two people started to move towards where they entered the garden from.

Mal Tijie
Officer

Postby Mal Tijie » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:54 am

As the day began to move on, Wei Zan and his attendant continued to peacefully sit in gazebo, sipping on tea. By this point the attendant was sitting at the table as well. From a distance it seemed as if the two were having pleasant conversation over tea. Up close their light bickering could be better heard.

"It is not proper for a servant to sit with his master. I don't recall inviting you to do so." Wei Zan spoke in between sips of tea.

"I have served your family for over forty years, your parents gave a bit of leeway. You could do the same."

"Oh silly Fu Heng, don't you remember, my parents are dead. That silly fire got them."

"Yes, the same fire I saved you from, my master. You could stand to be a bit more grateful."

The two continued to banter while drinking, until suddenly Wei Zan set his cup down and stood up. He had spotted who others in the garden. He started waving his arm quickly at them and gave a loud "HELLOOOOO!" He sat back down, and if their attention was grabbed, he would wave them over.

"Now Master Zan, that is not becoming of a noble-"man" such as yourself. You could behave a bit better."

With a gentle smile Wei Zan responded to his servant. "Well then, I guess someone could have been better teaching me."

mercurian
New Recruit

Postby mercurian » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:19 am

Wei Zan

The two were starting to move away when a shout startled them both; and the person known as Yuanjin peered at his companion. He should have been Yuanjin's confidant and bodyguard, and yet, here he was, more scared shitless than him. A thought about hiring a better bodyguard crossed his mind, but how would that happen if they were not to escape here?

There were three choices that Yuanjin considered in his mind: beg forgiveness, flight or fight; but he quickly chose the first; the two others were equally bad choices. And so, acting his part as a mere commoner, he, accompanied by his bodyguard who was more weak-willed than himself, moved swiftly towards the young person, and bowed themselves deeply.

"I am deeply sorry for my intrusion into your garden! I was just new in the area, and this person here took me to this place when I asked him about where can I find a nice place to write poetry and compose new melodies, and I did not know that someone else owned the area! I sincerely hope for your pardon!"

Mal Tijie
Officer

Postby Mal Tijie » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:13 pm

When the two men swiftly approached and bowed apologizing to Wei Zan, he couldn't help but burst into laughter. Wiping a tear out of his good eye, he looked at the two with almost pity.

"The two of you gentlemen are fine, no need to apologize. These gardens belonged to a family member of mine who has long passed, before I was even alive as a matter of fact."

The young boy stifled another chuckle before taking another sip of tea. He would motion for the two to sit at the table as he spoke again.

"Would you like to join me for some tea? I'm sure my servant here would love to serve more tea! I've been waiting for something interesting to happen all day and it's been rather disappointing so far. But it looks like you came prepared for a lovely outing after all."

The boy smiled at the two men while Fu Heng prepared more drinks for the newcomers.

mercurian
New Recruit

Postby mercurian » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:00 am

Wei Zan

As he heard the person laughing, Yuanjin peered upwards towards the direction of the person's face to see what's wrong, but then, noticing that the person was about to look towards his direction, he instantly buried his face again towards the ground for the person not to notice him taking a peek. This was a humiliating position he was caught in, but at least he could walk away alive after this.

So, the garden was owned by that person's relative that died years before even the person was born. Although there was a reason it was considered abandoned, it was still inexcusable for the two of them to enter. Fortunately, not only were they going to leave with their head on their shoulders, they were actually invited for tea with the owner, which was quite the reason they visited here anyways, to enjoy the view of the garden as they would be drinking.

Yuanjin stood up, his gait returning to being more graceful, offered his thanks to the owner, saying, "I humbly thank you for the invitation. I am sure that we all can gain something profitable from this meeting." As the owner would gesture him to take a seat, he would move towards the seat offered for him, but he would wait for the owner to take a seat before taking his, and after he would take his seat, he would reach for something beneath his robe and then place it on the table. It was a long but slender ornate lacquered wooden box about a foot long and an inch wide and thick, and he then opened it to reveal a dizi made out of polished white bamboo. He then, when he had received the cup of tea, he would stare first at his host, and then at the person who was serving tea, and then his surroundings, as if he was deriving inspiration.

Rue Goung
General

Postby Rue Goung » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 am

(for the blue dude)

a lone table sits on top of a Plato ontop of a hill some distance outside of yan. there at the table sat a man with his long black beard that is braided in several places, donned in leather armor with lamellar plates. standing by his side is a slightly older man that shares the same features as the one sitting. both of the men armor and cloths look well worn. upkeep has been provided to them but only minimally. anyone who would see them would assume they were bandits at first glance. the sitting man looks out in the eastern direction at a sprawling camp before him under the hill. they marched on yan, to start their revenge. but came in contact with this other force marching in the same direction. Rue Goung sent a runner to the opposing camp to ask for a parley. for he and his brother were not beasts of fame and fortune. only revenge. the two man waited as several of their guards looked around. a battle before even getting to their target would surly put their plans on hold for far to long.

(at Liang Lians camp)
a rider galloped up to the gates of the camp with his white flag. he waved it to and fro while bellowing to the camp.

"dear lords! Commander Rue Goung wishes to have a parlay with your commander on top of the hill west of here. there he sits waiting. you may bring one other officer and 6 guards if you wish."

the rider turns his horse and then gallops back to the camp that sits on the other side of the hill.

Mal Tijie
Officer

Postby Mal Tijie » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:53 am

mercurian wrote:Wei Zan

As he heard the person laughing, Yuanjin peered upwards towards the direction of the person's face to see what's wrong, but then, noticing that the person was about to look towards his direction, he instantly buried his face again towards the ground for the person not to notice him taking a peek. This was a humiliating position he was caught in, but at least he could walk away alive after this.

So, the garden was owned by that person's relative that died years before even the person was born. Although there was a reason it was considered abandoned, it was still inexcusable for the two of them to enter. Fortunately, not only were they going to leave with their head on their shoulders, they were actually invited for tea with the owner, which was quite the reason they visited here anyways, to enjoy the view of the garden as they would be drinking.

Yuanjin stood up, his gait returning to being more graceful, offered his thanks to the owner, saying, "I humbly thank you for the invitation. I am sure that we all can gain something profitable from this meeting." As the owner would gesture him to take a seat, he would move towards the seat offered for him, but he would wait for the owner to take a seat before taking his, and after he would take his seat, he would reach for something beneath his robe and then place it on the table. It was a long but slender ornate lacquered wooden box about a foot long and an inch wide and thick, and he then opened it to reveal a dizi made out of polished white bamboo. He then, when he had received the cup of tea, he would stare first at his host, and then at the person who was serving tea, and then his surroundings, as if he was deriving inspiration.

Wei Zan took his seat and Fu Heng placed two cups filled with tea in front of the two guests. Zan happily sipped on his tea and observed the two before him. He listened to what the gentleman had to say and gave a bright smile.

"Oh I do enjoy profitable encounters!"

Wei Zan was subtly nudged by his servant. "Shouldn't the young master introduce himself?

"Ah yes! I am Wei Zan, head of the rich but not famous Wei family. And this is my family's head servant Fu Heng. It is certainly a pleasure to meet you."

With his introduction over, he noticed the flute on the table and his eyes began to sparkle, almost forgetting the guests in front of him as he stared at the instrument.

TheBlueDude7
Drug Lord

Postby TheBlueDude7 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:10 am

Rue Goung wrote:(for the blue dude)

a lone table sits on top of a Plato ontop of a hill some distance outside of yan. there at the table sat a man with his long black beard that is braided in several places, donned in leather armor with lamellar plates. standing by his side is a slightly older man that shares the same features as the one sitting. both of the men armor and cloths look well worn. upkeep has been provided to them but only minimally. anyone who would see them would assume they were bandits at first glance. the sitting man looks out in the eastern direction at a sprawling camp before him under the hill. they marched on yan, to start their revenge. but came in contact with this other force marching in the same direction. Rue Goung sent a runner to the opposing camp to ask for a parley. for he and his brother were not beasts of fame and fortune. only revenge. the two man waited as several of their guards looked around. a battle before even getting to their target would surly put their plans on hold for far to long.

(at Liang Lians camp)
a rider galloped up to the gates of the camp with his white flag. he waved it to and fro while bellowing to the camp.

"dear lords! Commander Rue Goung wishes to have a parlay with your commander on top of the hill west of here. there he sits waiting. you may bring one other officer and 6 guards if you wish."

the rider turns his horse and then gallops back to the camp that sits on the other side of the hill.

A masked man in a straw hat marched at the top of the hill, a guandao in one hand as he lead his troops to Yan. The entirety of his body was covered in lightweight leather armor, although it was nothing too fancy. Small tears were visible in his wear in several locations. Liang Lian is a man of few words - he speaks rarely to his men and usually never takes off his mask. At times, he can be seen praying to an unknown deity. What was most peculiar about the warrior, however, was his methods of execution. It would seem he would throw them into a river execute only half of his prisoners, chosen at random. The name liang lian is an alias, meaning "two faced" - nobody knows his real name.

As the messenger relayed his goals to Liang, he quickly signaled for his officer, nicknamed "Slicer", to talk to him. "My dear messenger, we will go and speak with your lord, Rue Goung and negotiate. However, we want to make this clear - our commander seems to be set on taking this village." With that, Liang, Slicer, and six of his men went to discuss terms with Rue Goung.
When they arrived, Slicer spoke to Rue Guong first. "We have come to talk about our separate invasions of Yan. Might we ask what your goal is with taking this village?"

Return to “Roleplay”