Court of the Coral Serpent Coterie

TheBlueDude7
New Recruit

Re: Court of the Coral Serpent Coterie

Postby TheBlueDude7 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Tsong Ding kneeled on his right knee onto the floor. His head facing the ground, he pledged to the Serpent himself his allegiance.

"We will hold you assets strongly in the East. If any force clashes against us, we will hold our ground as much as possible. We will not waver."

Choso
Coral Serpent

Postby Choso » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Shang Bo smiled as his newly appointed Archon rose.

Excellent! Yer or one of her representatives are always welcomed to attended my court. Things can get a mite rowdy from time to time, but we always solve our problems. Follow my orders, use yer arm or wits, and yer go far in this 'zation.

Tell me, you got much stomach for the grotesque? Any lingerin' love for the ole Jade Falc'n?

TheBlueDude7
New Recruit

Postby TheBlueDude7 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm

"Stomach for the grotesque? I would say I have a bit of experience for human suffering."
Tsong flipped his hood back onto his head as he stood up.
"As for the dead falcon, I would be lying if I did not have some lingering loyalty to him. However, my loyalty is in the form of respect to the man. I never shared his sentiment about war and allies. That includes you. If that is all, then Donglai awaits."
Tsong Ding turned towards the door.

Choso
Coral Serpent

Postby Choso » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:14 pm

The Archon clapped his hands. And a long and skinny Bench with three humps each covered with fine pink silk is brought out before Tsong Ding and the rest of the court. There looks like there should be a 4th hump but the space is vacant.

The court is silent aside from Dracon Sun Yun who whispers "I love this part"

The Archon points and motions upwards, and an attendant removes the first silk. Underneath it is a glass jar in it a cobra coiled and ready to strike in its lap a mans head it all submerged in some kind of yellow liquid. The plaquard below it read. PEI YUANSHAO.

I wont test yer sensibilities any further, I'd wager you can guess at least one of these jars' contents. Notice how theres room for more. Serve the Serpent loyally or you can join my collection.

TheBlueDude7
New Recruit

Postby TheBlueDude7 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:22 pm

Tsong Ding recoiled a bit as his walk towards the exit was cut abruptly off by the sight. He stared silently at the decapitated man and the remaining humps. One of them contained the mistakes of his previous master. The serpent was deadly. Tsong Ding regained his composure and spoke calmly.

"I see. An effective way to put off betrayals. Trust me, I have no intention to strike against you. I bid you farewell, my archon."

With that, Tsong Ding exited the tent, as he began his journey back to Donglai.

Choso
Coral Serpent

Postby Choso » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Enemies were now allies. The Serpents Agents were distributed through out the land. Coiled tight around their adversaries fangs bared ready to strike. Shang Bo was already High Archon. But after Liu Bei and Ping Yuan Fell to his influence, Shang Bo would ascend to "Living Muse". There would be no stopping his ambition.

Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Postby Suicide Fox » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 pm

The Serpent and The Priest
Shang Bu seeks sanctuary with Shang Bo

Shang Bu's Journal wrote:As I wait for Shang Bo, I can't help but to reflect upon the past.

When this began, I was a man with one vision: the unification of Our Land. I taught The Way in each providence and grew followers; these followers became disciples and those disciples-- my Zealots. Together we raised an army and brought down towns and villages, believing in our hearts it would be us to fulfill The Prophecy.

But we were wrong. I was wrong.

I was born and raised in a secluded underground monastery within Changli. My life was a strange one, filled with far more interesting tales than meeting with Serpents. (But we will save that for another day!)

They imbued me with one purpose; to unite Our Land under One at all costs. I was given an informal education, trained day and night both mentally and physically, and above all else taught in the ways to command troops in battle. The result, or so the handful of us were led to believe, was a perfect candidate to bring Peace to the Chaos.

It was there the monks erred, for it wasn't long before my peers and I were at each other's throats. <--- Scratch that last line, I'll add that part in later.

I thought that raising The Skyfire Liberation Front on the basis of a belief would bring me enough power to forge Our Land into One. But, based on the losses I suffered at Anping, Qinghe, and now Beiping... I see now that I can't do it alone. If the monks at the monastery taught me one thing, it's that there's always a way. Who's to say that Shang Bo isn't the One to unite Our Land and that I'm simply sent to guide him there?

Well, the signs have always been up for interpretation...

Shang Bu closed his journal and slid it into his robes.

He couldn't help but wonder how The Laughing God would react to the news that Shang Bu wished to seek sanctuary and to offer his services as a battle commander in exchange for the safe protection of his people. Although the two had held their fair share of disagreements upon the battlefield--indeed it was Shang Bo who orchestrated his ousting from his former territories--Shang Bu was not the type of man to hold grudges.

The whole ordeal was an epiphany, apparently, for many Zealots spread the word of The Living Muse, weaving in the beliefs that his true purpose is to unite the land to fulfill their Prophecy. Some are believers. Others, remain skeptical. Nevertheless, The Priest hopes The Serpent sees it for what it is: one more powerful tool to use against his greatest rivals.

He's not sure where he's being taken, only that he's there to pledge his loyalty to The Living Muse.

Shang Bu wishes to join Shang Bo

Choso
Coral Serpent

Postby Choso » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:14 pm

The Priest is brought before the court, The Living Muse seated up his mobile throne "The Laughing God".

Welcome! My Friend! I hope you've been well. I havent seen ya since 'r little showdown in Julu. I find it strange the man I am told is a zealot, is the most reas'ible man I have ever met. 'Tplation and 'sideration are rare 'moddieties in this age.

Er"body else would rather die, the face the reality. The Serpents are the future of this land, and The Livin' Muse will lead the way.

It's all so tirin' and futile.

Return to “Roleplay”