V7

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

V7

Post by Phailak »

I figure this is likely the time we have the most active people, if you want to throw your ideas in, now is the time. Below is a plan I want for V7, I won't likely be able to do it all. You can comment on those or add your own.

1. Roads. I know this is a feature most of you want so I will give it a shot. The idea would be each location acts as a node (as per AaronH) that connects to 2-X other locations. Challenge is how to manage armies, do they need a home now (garrison) or are we to assume all armies are available to all locations and the roads only act as a kind of access to where you can attack?

2. Talents & Traits. I want to redo the crafting system (which really isn't one). The idea would be to not only gain stats but also traits that would give very small benefits to precise system things. I always wanted to introduce talents in the same mesure, basically each PLAYER (not officer) would be assigned a unique talent on sign up, even if you roll 1000 times or reroll, talent stays with you for the whole game. Not sure if that can work, but anyway traits would be a minor part of that system, so you would have talents available to be crafted for items like I don't know Sixth Sense => +5% escape. I would want to have a range of stats for items and for them to be 'equipable' so they can be sold or traded.

3. Duel system, I want to finally reinstate challenge skill so that you can force duels on someone.

4. Add trading resources? Each location would have a single resource that isn't a game mechanic but has value in trade to other players perhaps through crafting system, events or requirements for certain RP / Quests. Not sure about this one but could be cool.

5. Going to remove the double civil skills that just use diff stats, replacing them with skills for duels, crafting AND spying. Going to change spying system so that to use the actions you need the skill, both civil and battle which means you need to assign an officer to spy. Also, going to add chance of capture to chance of reveal. In battle, spy and duels would occur in phase 1 I think. Also, civil skills will improve your yields, gains will be available as an action like training.

6. With implementation of roads, we will likely need tracking of officer location so that will also be a significant change to the civil system, won't waste time with a move function, every turn you will need to indicate where your officer IS and until next turn that will be his location.

7. Crafting, will switch to a more traditional I have X slots of Y type of equipment that can go there and won't limit which slot boosts which stat. Also if we do implement a trait / talent system, low end of that will be available in equipment (like escape chance, duel stats, battle stats, etc)

8. Field battles. No more random rolls, if more than one invader they fight for the chance for the invasion. 3 invaders, go tournament style, 2 faceoff randomly and remainder goes against defender, remaining forces fight for the location

9. Raid. Love this idea from Krim, goal is not to occupy but to harass / take resources. Think stronger spy ops with a lot more risk. Need to flesh this out though.
BJR
UncleBob

Re: V7

Post by BJR »

Field battles!

Something i've not seen suggested yet........ more locations on the map. I think we've had more players show up than anticipated and the result has been many missing out on taking villages early as they lose rolls when they end up going for the same ones as another. Regardless if field battles are implemented I think it couldnt hurt to ad more locations for an abundance of options in buiilding up before moving on to player versus player battles.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

What do you mean exactly by field battles?
BJR
UncleBob

Post by BJR »

Phailak wrote:What do you mean exactly by field battles?
When two sides attack the same location and instead of rolling, fight for the rights to either go straight on, or get dibs next turn.

In the rare occasions its 3 armies going for the same location then roll for the two to fight it out, then at least we have a 66% chance to have a chance. :P

So armies are set to locations for battles sake? Then make "field" a location that the contesting armies would be auto assigned to maybe?
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

OK yeah...

I can likely make it work. So we'd have these options now:

Withdraw
New location (loss of morale and supplies)
Field battle

Would it make sense that a field battle follow same rules as extended in the sense winner gets dibs on next month's attack?

So if we have 3 or more, either we random roll again (yuk) or we go tournament style delaying the turn?

So 3 would mean: 2 fight a field battle while the other fights the location forces, winner face for location.

4 would mean 2vs2 in field battles, winners face in field battle before facing location

If we had more (Lord please no) same would apply, uneven means 2 players faceoff, left over faces location forces

You guys must hate me with these requests
BJR
UncleBob

Post by BJR »

Phailak wrote:OK yeah...
You guys must hate me with these requests
Oh man I think this would solve the problem and add a lot of fun to the game.

You asked. :mrgreen:
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Anyhoo I think flatten the curve for stat gain next game Phailak. 0-30 - 50xp, 30-50 - 100xp, 50-70 - 200 XP, 70-85 400 XP, 85-100 800XP
AaronH229
General

Post by AaronH229 »

Other idea.

Retreating from an attack to defend gives a malus.

Perhaps 20% of morale and supply?
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

AaronH229 wrote:Other idea.

Retreating from an attack to defend gives a malus.

Perhaps 20% of morale and supply?
But I want folks to defend their damn holdings...
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

I think roads, if set up properly so that there are strategic crossroads and bottlenecks along with requiring folks to assign troops to specific locations rather than just be one big blob that can be used anywhere will lead to more defenses.