Total War Three Kingdoms

Moderator: Game Masters

Bradums
Macho Man!

Re: Total War Three Kingdoms

Post by Bradums »

I played as Cao Cao first and got wrecked, because it was pre-patch when Yuan Shao would magically annex every ruler under the sun, which...made it tough for me to survive >.>

After that, I tried Liu Bei. Rocky at first, because I kept getting walled off by important allies and the Han factions kept getting gobbled up before I could get to them, but I was able to win the campaign eventually.

Beat it as Sun Jian a lot quicker, because he has the entire South as fair game, whereas the North is clustered and full of conflict.

Going to try someone off-hand next, like Zhang Yan or one of the YT factions. I like it, though. Not sure if it'll have the lasting power of some other Total Wars, unfortunately, but it's up there for me as one of the best in the series.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

I think how long it lasts will depend on DLC, I mean they have SO MUCH they can expand on right?
Bradums
Macho Man!

Post by Bradums »

The biggest ask that I've seen online has been for more unique character models/events. That might be an easy one, in my opinion.

I'd like to see more unique events. They have some, I've noticed, that are pretty cool - because they take current events into consideration. I'd like to have more of them throughout the experience, though. Feels like it breaks up the monotony in the late-game. All the canon triggers and events are pretty front-loaded in the timeline. After that, it gets to feel more like a typical TW end-game purge than an exciting campaign. The only goals/quests at that point are the rank game, which is pretty linear (conquer more, get a new title until you're Emperor).
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Good point, can't wait to see what they come up with, strong base of a game