IP Sharing

Moderator: Game Masters

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

IP Sharing

Post by Phailak »

Most of you that have been simming know the drill.

If you share an IP with another player (wife, brother, alien visitor) please post the information here. Same applies if you use a public or private proxy.

I'll just quote ann here since she did all the work already.
ann wrote:The above notice about IP sharing has been overlooked by many and recently we've begun to reconsider our fairly lenient policy.

If you are sharing an IP and have not contacted me yet this game please do so with the following information:

Real Location:
IP:
Character Name:
Character Location:
Sharer's Real Name:
Sharer's Real Location:
Sharer's Character Name:
Sharer's Characer's Location:

and of course - the reason for sharing!

It is, as you can imagine, extremely difficult to determine who is telling the truth and who is not. But, what is more important to us, is the impact on the game. While we are very pleased that people have enough fun playing that they tell their friends and siblings to play, we are less pleased when it appears that people seek OOC remedies for IC difficulties by strong arming friends to create characters or, perhaps, creating illegal characters to assist with their PCs situations.

In the future - if the game balance is compromised - we may make further rules which will dissallow IP sharing in the same province, or limit the types of Background Points IP sharers may take. Or we may require substantial individual roleplay to maintain accounts on a shared IP. And worst comes to worst, we may actually be forced to stop allowing IP sharing altogether.

As always we'd rather not create more rules but, if necessary, we will. Please keep this in mind when inviting friends and family to join the game!

Multiaccounts

Multiple accounts, even when from different IP addresses, are NOT allowed. If you have access from home and work and two different accounts for each IP you are cheating. If you have a neighbor who does not want to play but will let you make an account on their computer and post stuff, you are cheating. If you are writing turns, OI, roleplay, invasion pms etc for some other account then you are, essentially, multi-accounting. It is one thing to help someone with their turn, or to give them ideas, but if, instead of providing assistance, you are in fact controlling more than one PC, you are on the wrong side of the rules.

If you are found to be cheating in this way bad things will happen.
Guardian Arrow
Ensign

Re: IP Sharing

Post by Guardian Arrow »

Seeing as Shen Feng is the one who goaded me into signing up here and I'm visiting him right now, I'll be doing some things while I'm here from his internet.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Guardian Arrow wrote:Seeing as Shen Feng is the one who goaded me into signing up here and I'm visiting him right now, I'll be doing some things while I'm here from his internet.
Thanks
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

Mal Tijie wrote:So my wife may be playing this version as well. I believe she is Titania on here. Just giving that heads up.
No problem Mal thanks
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

We are three - TheSoupStar, Kymvir and me.
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

ann wrote:We are three - TheSoupStar, Kymvir and me.
Thanks
Viking
New Recruit

Post by Viking »

I’ve been told to post here I’ll be sharing my IP with RedRyder.
Titania
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Titania »

Viking wrote:I’ve been told to post here I’ll be sharing my IP with RedRyder.
Noted - Thank you!