Battle turn 6 against Lelang (Village) - Fou Wei (NPC) for Shen Feng (Shen Feng), Ding Ma (ShadInq)

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Battle turn 6 against Lelang (Village) - Fou Wei (NPC) for Shen Feng (Shen Feng), Ding Ma (ShadInq)

Postby Phailak » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:01 am

Shen Feng (Shen Feng) has brought 670 (32) soldiers with 547 armaments

Ding Ma (ShadInq) has brought 478 (49) soldiers with 478 armaments

Each player must refer to their BM tool (battle management) in order to decide if they will Lead, support or withdraw.
If multiple players decide to lead, one will randomly be chosen and the other withdrawn.

ShadInq
New Recruit

Re: Battle turn 6 against Lelang (Village) - Fou Wei (NPC) for Shen Feng (Shen Feng), Ding Ma (ShadInq)

Postby ShadInq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 am

Ding Ma writes a short message to Sheng Feng
To the troop leader,

Perhaps we could talk about supporting each other? As long as your goal is to defeat the bandit.

Ding Ma

Shen Feng
Colonel

Re: Battle turn 6 against Lelang (Village) - Fou Wei (NPC) for Shen Feng (Shen Feng), Ding Ma (ShadInq)

Postby Shen Feng » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 am

"Feng! Feng!" Ding Kuang, having received reports from the scouts, sought out his master in the command tent, "Others are marching on Lelang as well!"

"How many?" The response was brusque, with an obvious worry that it might be one of the local powers exerting its authority.

"It looks to be less than five hundred. Not so many men as we have, to be sure."

Shen Feng nodded, relieved by that. It was still bothersome, to have competition for this village, but at least it was competition he could beat. He finally looked up from the map unfurled on a table within, giving his response, "Send them a messenger. Encourage them to withdraw and turn their attention elsewhere."

Saluting his master, Ding Kuang went to pen a letter, but as he was starting to write a report came of a message from the other camp. Kuang took it and read it, considering it, before penning his own response.

Ding Kuang wrote:Greetings

My master was worried when he heard of more men marching upon Lelang, fearing that it might interfere with the pacification of the region. He has been tasked with the liberation of Lelang by none other than the noble Yuan Shao, leader of the Coalition and the mightiest lord in Hebei. However, your offer of support shows that you clearly are not in league with the rebels. If you wish to support my master in restoring order to Lelang, you are most welcome to. So long as at the end of the day, Master Shen Feng's flag is raised over the village so that we can make a report of success to Lord Yuan, there shall be no problems. We shall be sure to put in a good word for you.

Regards, Ding Kuang

ShadInq
New Recruit

Postby ShadInq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Sent by Yuan Shao? Yuan Tan never mentionned anything about his father recruiting others to go to the exact same village. Could it be a ploy?

But then again, he could well have sent several people, it's not that unplausible.

Ding Ma penned another message:
I am surprised to hear that Yuan Shao did not say anything about other forces he recruited. Perhaps that is the way he employs men. If both of our forces are under the same lord, then we are allies there is no need for us to fight. One of us should support the other, and honourably split the credit for the pacification of the bandit.

We should meet in person

Shen Feng
Colonel

Postby Shen Feng » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Ding Kuang received the letter, frowning as he read it over. This man was sent by Yuan Shao? It would have been nice to know that beforehand. Not returning to bother his master, Kuang penned another reply.

Ding Kuang wrote:Sir Ding

A meeting in person might go a long way towards resolving this, my master and I are both in agreement on that. We hereby invite you to our camp, where a feast shall be prepared for you and we can discuss this matter further. Perhaps this is a test from Lord Yuan, in which case it would behoove us all to pass it and prove our worth and our loyalty.

Regards, Ding Kuang

The busy messenger was sent back to Ding Ma's camp with the latest missive, while Ding Kuang turned his attention to the camp itself, and setting up the feast.

ShadInq
New Recruit

Postby ShadInq » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Ding Ma looks at the new message. A feast? Seems a bit premature to have a feast if the enemy is not yet beaten.

He turns to Lang Tan, his second in command.

I will go, but you stay alert. If I am not back by sundown, treat them as enemies and attack.

Shen Feng
Colonel

Postby Shen Feng » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:30 pm

When Ding Ma ventured to Shen Feng's encampment, the soldiers present were alert, but parted ways to allow him entry if he was willing. Assuming he entered, he would see there was indeed a feast being prepared, with a ranking officer in the militia moving about and giving instructions to the men. At the table that had been set in the middle of the camp, the leader of the militia sat, a man familiar to Ding Ma from their work together helping with the situation at the village of Bei.

"Huh? Oh, it's you. Ding Ma, right? Good to see you again." Shen Feng flashed the man a smile, motioning for him to come and sit at the table. "I guess this explains why Kuang wanted to have this feast. I'd rather be getting my men ready to save Lelang, but I suppose I can spare this time."

He paused a moment, eyeing Ding Ma appraisingly. Reaching up to stroke his chin, he continued, "Kuang did talk to you about your men withdrawing, right? I know it's a bother, to have gathered your men and to be ready to march only for this to happen. But I don't think your force is equal in size to the village's defenders, nor are your commanders as seasoned as mine. Eh, perhaps I'm talking too much. What are your thoughts on this situation?"

ShadInq
New Recruit

Postby ShadInq » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:36 am

Ding ma looks arounds the camp as he is led to the feast. He listends to Shen Feng's proposal.

As I explained in my message, it would do well if we joined forces. Though my force somewhat smaller, from today's manoeuvers it is clear that is also better trained and all the soldiers in my force have proper weapons, while I am quite sure I just saw someone walk past armed
with a club or something. As allies, I could sell you some of my excess stock in future.

I obviously cannot withdraw. There are two reasons. One is that I have the mission given to me. The other is that with just your force, you might not be able to csuppress the bandit in one month. This will drag out the campaign needlessly. From the fight at Bei, you should remember that I have skills in indirect attacks. I could have every tenth man in the enemy force dead before the fight even begins.

Shen Feng
Colonel

Postby Shen Feng » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 am

(OOC: Just in case you don't know, we actually aren't allowed by the rules to work together and support each other, which is why I'm trying to find other ways. It's the obvious solution to the situation, but it won't fly with Phailak. We're each on our own!)

~~~

"Your suggestion makes sense, but it still leaves the issue of who will govern the village in the end. Perhaps this compromise, then. Since you worry about time, allow my force the chance to strike first. I think we can surprise you, even if there is the occasional club present. And in exchange, as you seem to be an enterprising individual, I can provide you with some extra expertise to assist you with your weapons (150 Crafting Points). Should my men fail to get this done, then yours can have the opportunity, and when my men succeed, I can provide you with some logistical support for attacking another village. Does that sound fair?"

ShadInq
New Recruit

Postby ShadInq » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:36 am

OOC: First post states:
Each player must refer to their BM tool (battle management) in order to decide if they will Lead, support or withdraw.
If multiple players decide to lead, one will randomly be chosen and the other withdrawn.

I read it as one being allowed to lead while the other supports or am I wrong?
EDIT: Phailak responded and it's an oversight left over from v5. So noo cooperation.

OK, so Ding Ma pulls back and accepts the deal.

Return to “Battles”