Feedback and Suggestions

Moderator: Game Masters

Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

For next version of Warlords: Get rid of Siege Engines

1) Siege Engines were not used as field artillery in China for several hundred more years;
2) Ancient Siege Engines were extremely inaccurate, lacked destructive power and took FOREVER to adjust. Even with the engine adjusted to the target, it was highly probable that it would miss over 1/2 the time (and thats a fixed target);
3) Siege Engines were used to destroy city walls, fixed defenses and fortifications, not formations of foot soldiers or cavalry (ie- things that can move). Hence the name, siege engines;
4) They are extremely overpowered and unbalanced in v2 (see any battle involving Siege Engines)

I can provide all the historical evidence to back this, if required, but it shouldn't even come to that.
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
ShamsTron
Officer

Re: Feedback and Suggestions

Post by ShamsTron »

Shen Feng wrote:
ShamsTron wrote:How do I incorporate skills my followers have in the PT tool? Both of my followers Instructor and I am going to swap out a skill for Politician but I don't know how to input them into the PT tool. Do I just edit the the results myself? Thanks to whomever answers this question.
Currently followers can't use skills like Politician, Diplomat and Doctor in Personal Turns. The tool might one day be updated to allow them to, but at the moment those skills are useless for NPCs serving in a personal army. Of course, once you get yourself a kingdom, then that changes.
If this is true I suggest it should be overturned. I can't see followers using their skills for PA being overpowering. Diplomat/Politician can't be abused since you have a cap of 5 followers and Instructor won't help much going against large kingdom armies. As it stands right now followers are seriously gimped unless actual battle or you give away your followers to a ruler.
Zheng Nu (38) 73-84*-63-50-47 Decoy II, Instructor II, Maraud III, Military Administrator I, Smith II
Zhou Kahn
Officer

Post by Zhou Kahn »

Would it be possible to get a "Business Announcements" thread in the market forum, maybe stickied? It'd be nice to announce sales and price reductions and the stuff like that. :)
Mai Zu
Stats: 51-75-75-75-56
Skills: Artisan II, Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Scribe III, Smith II, Trainer II
Mai Zu's Shop of Wonder
Belial
Marquis

Post by Belial »

I'll mention it to Miss Ann!
Starring As:
The Hero of Xianyang, The Incorruptible Lu Chen, and the Glorious Emperor Kang!
alexoren
Sergeant

Post by alexoren »

(made a mistake you can delete this)
Ranbir
Colonel

Post by Ranbir »

Just a place to put it:

The injury level: Rather than have it in a rather exhausting procedure of having it recalculate stats of everyone, just have the injury level provide a +penalty to the final % chance of any roll that exists.

So instead of:

Gain level 1 injury
Calculate new stats
run whatever with new stats
Recalculate stats when injury level is removed or increases.

It is more:

Gain level 1 injury
Run whatever with original stats + injury level penalty.
Removing/gaining levels keeps stats same.
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

An alliance thread somewhere would be nifty instead of sifting through hundreds of posts to figure out who stands where. Or a Kingdom Proclaimation thread, which would serve a simular function as long as rulers don't spam it with recruitment bulletins. It would be nice to announce the Reformation of a Qin Regime.
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

I am going to put this up here before I forget.

It seems to me that it could be more helpful to players who take the BP Followers if higher level of 'followers' allowed you to add a skill or two to the NPC, instead of more stats. That way it wouldn't be an issue of followers having good stats with no applicable skills.
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Chinka wrote:An alliance thread somewhere would be nifty instead of sifting through hundreds of posts to figure out who stands where. Or a Kingdom Proclaimation thread, which would serve a simular function as long as rulers don't spam it with recruitment bulletins. It would be nice to announce the Reformation of a Qin Regime.
I'll second the proclaimation suggestion, if there is a characters limitation on it.
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni
v4 百家 乐 | Bai Jia Le / Blackjack

@@ Sim-Warlords Warmongers Map @@