Feedback and Suggestions

Moderator: Game Masters

Brother Dun
Marquis

Re: Feedback and Suggestions

Post by Brother Dun »

Perhaps the challenge formula should be moved out of the skills section of the rules and into the battle section of the rules? Due to it not being listed along with the rest of the ploys, I assumed it was a private formula and made the mistake of using it against a guy I couldn't succeed against... And then was promptly ridiculed by CC, since he's a jerk like that. I am saddened by this... :(
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
gavnor
Ensign

Post by gavnor »

I've been trying to play independantly this version and I've come to the realization that, for a number of reasons, Free Officers need to have the ability to perform certain KT tasks during their PT. I'm currently injured and have an NPC with doctor but because I'm a free officer with no city I can't use him to heal myself. During the last version I know that independant crafters would join kingdoms to perform crafting work during the KT and then break off to sell other services to another ruler. I think that allowing these types of actions for Free Officers in the PT would enhance the game experience so characters don't have to "work the system" to authenticate their personality or purpose. Free Officers are at a disadvantage because of their lack of resources to begin with so I don't see any balance issues allowing them the ability to maintain their officers and PA in the same manner as rulers as long as they have the staff, skill, and resources to do so.

I don't feel it's necessary but if there is concern regarding balance you could restrict the character to either KT or PT actions.
V4 Vahn Trung Huu (28) | 82-67*-47-69-54*
| Aid II, Sortie II, Wall II, Envelop II | Items: Goosefeather Helm (+1 Might, +2 Charisma)
V3 Vahn Trung Huu (25) | 98*-83*-30-83-44 | Discipline II, Aid II, Sortie III, Wall II
KvChaos
Major

Post by KvChaos »

Just a simple suggestion, standardizing the naming convention of threads.
For example the Officer Information. I see OI and "Officer Information" in there.

:cool:
v3 Wu Ming w/ Xiu Zhi Ni
v4 百家 乐 | Bai Jia Le / Blackjack

@@ Sim-Warlords Warmongers Map @@
SituJinrong
Marquis

Post by SituJinrong »

Rulers.

Instead of pestering us with invasion PMs to move your armies without attacking, we decided to add some functionality to the KT tool so that during the MILITARY phase, you can move each army ONE TIME to anywhere within two provinces provided that you either own a city in those provinces or have permission from a ruler that does. Same applies if border fortresses come into play (need to own said fortress or have permission). Tool does not validate that you do, it allows you to move within two provinces, it's your responsibility to ensure that you have said rights.

It's pretty easy to use. Your armies will be listed per province, choose the army you wish to move from the list and its destination which is limited to two provinces from your original location. Once done, the army will be moved once turn change is applied to its new location. If you move an army, it cannot attack though it will be available to defend like any army attacking. The tool will list all the moves you have done this turn, allowing you to delete a move if you change your mind or wish to move to a different location.
I will like to suggest that one be able to attach officers to this move army tool. The current rules restrained officers geograhically when defending/attacking, and given that one of the purposes of "move" army is to preempt invasions, the inclusion of officers will allow more usage of it, otherwise if one is trying to defend with certain officers, he is still obligued to submit an "invasion" post.
Li Jiacheng (35)
94*-36-45-56-81
Diplomat II, Discipline II, Military Adminstrator II, Politician II
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

In regards to what Situ is saying, I wonder if we are able to list somebody as "Invasion" and listing the province we are moving the army to is a legit way to do what he is saying... it is probably tricky in that people could just flip the invasion tag off after the move if they weren't needed and still get a KT action, but I could see it working in that regard. Perhaps we simply post in the Admin Comm that we are moving, instead of in some PM? But that itself could still be abused, I guess.

Just throwing some ideas out there for that one.

My own matter of feedback and/or suggestion deals with the time frame that PT's are open to be submitted. I feel like this is fairly small... smaller than what most other sims do, and I am not exactly sure why. Certain things happen in battle that can cause KT changes, but rarely do they cause any change to a potential PT action. As it is, the KT is technically open at the start of the turn but PT's aren't. The whole thing just feels very pressurized without a reason I can see. My suggestion would be to open PT's at the start of the turn and simply let the thread run until the civil phase is closed. For the people who do things in the invasion phase that might impact their PT's, they would still have time to change them, but for the rest of the player-base, it gives them more time to get things done.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Brother Dun
Marquis

Post by Brother Dun »

Having witnessed just how useless Challenge has become, I would suggest that you make retreating from Duels harder, especially if the retreating fighter is dismounted, and the opponent is still mounted. Part of what made Challenge such a great skill in previous games was that it would eliminate an enemy officer (Hopefully!), now, with the formula the way it is, and with how seemingly easy it is to retreat from a duel, even in the situation mentioned above, challenge just doesn't have much of a use anymore. In fact, Intimidate (a skill most duelists will have) gives an even greater morale advantage than Challenge.

Challenge and/or dueling needs a bit of a revamp, since now, Challenge just doesn't seem all that worthwhile anymore. At the very least, if someone is forcibly challenged, they need to lose their first round ploy for the engagement. Which... Doesn't seem to be happening either. Challenge really doesn't seem to have much use anymore, and that's a shame. Especially considering some of the greatest moments from previous games came from Challenge duels (see v2 for the epic game of duels that was, and as of right now, will never be again...)
Zu Yanghei zì 智盜 'Zhì​dào​' (Knowledge Thief)
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

I am reading these, guys. Keep them coming.

We'll look into the officer-moving suggestion with the army-moving suggestion. Invade may be the way to go. Once you set an officer to invade and save it, you can't change it anyways. :)

As for Challenge, BD, nothing has changed. Same formula/targets as last version, same results as last version, and the Duel tool, in particular, hasn't changed for three versions despite needing to.
macmuffin
New Recruit

Post by macmuffin »

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask for help. Sorry if it isn't.

I submitted a character creation post almost 4 days ago. I am still waiting for my rolls. Just wondering if I should continue waiting or maybe someone can help me?

Thanks for reading this...

EDIT: Thanks for lending a hand Phailak. Appreciate it.
Last edited by macmuffin on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hei Long (BC 231 - ?)
Stats: 82-42-86*-74*-20
Skills: Aid II, Envelop II, Military Administrator II, Poison II
Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Phailak »

We'll whip someone into doing them
Mikal
Marquis

Post by Mikal »

Very likely a next version if ever change:

Can it be possible to make it so that obvious concentrated attacks against a Province's assets be allowed to be defended all at once rather then forcing multiple battles?

As an example, this turn for this version Situ is getting hit in his province by no less than five seperate attacks against his assets.

Odds are, if that attack had been done as a province campaign, he could have defended against it. As it stands, the attackers get all the benefits of a province campaign (plus without paying the 10,000 soldier supply cost) while the defender has to essentially abandon his province.

I'm fine with small forces banding together if it makes sense, but as it stands its too easy for smaller forces to attack seperate cities and basically hose a more propserous force. Even if Situ had three times the troops in province he couldnt defend against it all.
The Wiseman Cometh...
Zhefu, 37, Male
52-39-62-91-64
Civil Administrator III, Military Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II