Feedback and Suggestions

Moderator: Game Masters

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

I think those skills are relics from last version where you had to be tutored by someone who already had a skill to learn it.

Best not to worry about it, or take it out for next version though.
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

No NPCs cannot doctor.

And no they are not artifacts. They are skills this game.
areon
Captain

Post by areon »

Uh is there any reason why that was removed? It won't be a pain with the new studying rules and for followers it won't be a big deal. In kingdoms npcs can't rest right? Has anyone suggested that a Hospital should be a new structure? It could work to heal one person per turn with some possible upgrades to handle more.
Pei Jia

If the egg's shell does not break, the chick will die without being born. We are the chick; the egg is the world. If the world's shell does not break, we will die without being born. Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Why what was removed? I don't follow.
blackjack4124
Sergeant

Post by blackjack4124 »

As I see it - Doctor *could* be used in ploy situations. Otherwise, Doctor has no mechanical relevance - which is what they seem to mean by saying "NPCs with the Doctor skill are a relic from the last game, where NPCs could at least tutor you in the skill itself."
Name: Qing Dun
Command: 91 (96)
Might: 72 (75)
Intellect: 74 (76)
Judgement: 63
Charm: 24
Items: Billhook (Mig+3), The Basics of Formations (Cmd +2, Int +2), Horse (Spd +1), Strategies of the Warring States (Cmd +3, Discipline*)

Aid (III), Dash (II), Discipline (III*), Envelop (III), Qiangshu (I), Smith (I), Sortie (II)
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Oh - that's not actually the case. NPCs have skills that PCs have. There are several they cannot actually use. This is not an artifact - it's the result of all the skills going into the code for the tool. There is no ploy involving Doctor either.
areon
Captain

Post by areon »

Last version npcs could doctor people in KTs, I hadn't seen any changes announced this version about that. All that was needed was to put who they were doctoring in bold at the top and it would take up their action.
Pei Jia

If the egg's shell does not break, the chick will die without being born. We are the chick; the egg is the world. If the world's shell does not break, we will die without being born. Smash the world's shell! For the revolution of the world!
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

We almost got rid of doctor altogether - it has been changed considerably. NPCs cannot doctor - I know it's been posted in the rules questions thread over and over.
SituJinrong
Marquis

Post by SituJinrong »

Minor suggestion to compensate for a unplausible scenario which I met:
Excess damage/soldiers killed done to a melee layer should be carried over to the support layer if the melee layer is destroyed.
Why? Consider this scenario, a 5,000 Bow/Leather army is forced into combat with a 60,000 strong army. Assuming 4,000 (no Bow) in melee and 1,000 in support, the 5,000 army should be be destroyed in a single round of combat yeilding about 800 captives for the victor, plus some equipment.

However, if the 5,000 army deploys as 1 (melee), 4999 (support), the victor gets practically nothing, this is kind of an exploit and can be avoided by adopting above suggestion.
Li Jiacheng (35)
94*-36-45-56-81
Diplomat II, Discipline II, Military Adminstrator II, Politician II
Ranbir
Colonel

Post by Ranbir »

Slow down. My quest(I) couldn't keep up the pace.
Whenever righteousness declines and unrighteousness increases I make myself a body; In every age I come back, to deliver the holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness.