Favorite Books or Series!

Moderator: Game Masters

Unchained Phoenix
Colonel

Post by Unchained Phoenix »

Yay Ayame! I basically just like it to see how everyone dies (haha), but I saw the movie before I read the book so I already kinda knew sorta how it would turn out. But after breezing through the hundreds of pages in a day, it was REALLY epic. The lighthouse scene is definitely the best.
Puyang Shuang (19) 60-45-114*-43-80*
Aid II, Confuse I, Decoy I, Deride II, Entangle I, Jeer I, Scout II, Scribe II
7986 (100) Troops
547g

Followers: Hua Gongming, Yuan Man
In Ferro Veritas
Lieutenant

Post by In Ferro Veritas »

George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.

Jon Snow is, quite possibly, the greatest fantasy hero ever.
Xue Xia
36-35-79-89-59
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Entrench I, Poison I, Doctor
Zhang Loc
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Loc »

I definitely agree with the first line.

However, Tyrion Lannister will forever pwn Jon Snow and all other fantasy characters.
Tian Loc styled qiangdiao (strong, powerful, energetic and diao.)
91-79-42-72-55 Charge (II), Civil Admin (I), Instructor (II), Military Administration (II), Wall (II), Politician (I)

antlan87 wrote:[14:39] * antlan87 lost his rights to be a man
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Oh come on guys ... you know that The Mountain, Shagga, Bronn, Great Belwas, and many other notable characters are way better.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
fallen_saint
Officer

Post by fallen_saint »

bah, amateurs, the greatest character is Sam or Anya :D
Name: Qian Xiahou
stats: 82-70-62-60-76
skills: Military Administrator, Gonshu, Civil Administrator, Politician, Qiangshu, Raid, Wall, Assemble, Instructor
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

fallen_saint wrote:bah, amateurs, the greatest character is Sam or Anya :D
You mean Arya! Who's the amateur now?
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
fallen_saint
Officer

Post by fallen_saint »

the guy who has not read that book in a year. :wink: so i liked sansa better...who does not hate her sometimes 8-)
Name: Qian Xiahou
stats: 82-70-62-60-76
skills: Military Administrator, Gonshu, Civil Administrator, Politician, Qiangshu, Raid, Wall, Assemble, Instructor
In Ferro Veritas
Lieutenant

Post by In Ferro Veritas »

Galagros wrote:Oh come on guys ... you know that The Mountain, Shagga, Bronn, Great Belwas, and many other notable characters are way better.
Psh. The Mountain was boring. The Hound was (is?) a much better character. Bronn was alright, and will probably be interesting in the next book. Great Belwas is hilarious, but not that great a 'hero'. Shagga was a great character, though.

And lol at Tyrion. You should see the preview on Martin's site for his chapter. I found it hilarious.
Xue Xia
36-35-79-89-59
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Entrench I, Poison I, Doctor
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Well obviously none of the people I listed could be considered 'heroes', but since when were any of the characters in ASOIAF really heroes?
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

I like Sansa better then Arya as well. Arya annoys me. Sansa acts as a girl of her status and background should.. Arya was just a brat.

I would have considered Rob Stark a hero. I liked him a lot, even though we never see the story from his point of view.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."