Public Rules Comment

Moderator: Game Masters

Lurking Tyranny
The Florentine Admin
The Florentine Admin
Location: "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Post by Lurking Tyranny »

Taking into account your considerations and having run many of duels as well as being a duelist in version 1 -- A new duel formula has been devised that will hopefully answer some of your concerns.
GMNPC's
Fan Zeng, Prime Minister of Chu

Player Character
Gu Hama of Ba

Liu Bang then asked Han Xin, who had served under Xiang Yu but was driven out, "what is Xiang Yu's weakness? Is there a way to defeat him?" Han Xin calmly replied, "No, Xiang Yu himself is invincible, he is destined to be king."
paladinrpg
Major

Post by paladinrpg »

Just a quick question: what stat if any affects the skill Propagandist? It doesn't seem to have one listed.
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

I would assume Charisma and Intellect.
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

should the chances of success of Gongshu be determined by judgement rather than Might?
paladinrpg
Major

Post by paladinrpg »

jiangbao wrote:should the chances of success of Gongshu be determined by judgement rather than Might?
While you could argue that this would be realistic, as Judgement affects hit chances, it still is at its heart a dueling skill and should stay might eh?
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Actually, every single Gongshu tactic that has any stat reliance (Defensive Position aside) uses Judgment. There is more Judgment to Gongshu's skills than Might. The damage is factored the same way as everything else, but Judgment's importance to Gongshu is paramount and probably unequaled by any other dueling style.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

Post by Radical Dreamer »

When looking through the rules, I noticed that for the skill "Entrench" the description said it was a Tactics skill while in the sign-up it isn't listed under tactics.
Kubali Dun 90*-76-35-68-23
Aid II, Qiangshu II, Sortie III*, Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Dash I
jiangbao
Lord

Post by jiangbao »

maybe a little premature but assuming I pick one time martial training and one time foreign affairs, can i take jianshu to second level?
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

jiangbao wrote:maybe a little premature but assuming I pick one time martial training and one time foreign affairs, can i take jianshu to second level?
Yeah, you can do that.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Radical Dreamer wrote:When looking through the rules, I noticed that for the skill "Entrench" the description said it was a Tactics skill while in the sign-up it isn't listed under tactics.
Fixed.