The Music Thread!

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Valeria wrote:I'll just post a few bands that I think are worth listening too...

1. 30 Seconds to Mars
2. Skillet
3. Guano Apes
4. Ekotren
5. Manzana

A suggested song by each of the bands as well... ( in the same order )

1. Atack - Off their "A Beautiful Lie" Album
2. Whispers In The Dark - Off their "Comatose" Album
3. Open Your Eyes - Off their "Proud Like A God" Album
4. Tranqualized - Off their "Light The Fire" Album
5. Falling To Pieces - Off their "Nothing Is Whole As A Broken Heart" Album

I've listed these bands in no favorite order, I just noted from the pages that I read that these bands were unmentioned. I like them and thought that I would share them with you. Some Christian Influences here...
Radical Dreamer wrote:44. Come Again - Thornley
47. Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
Props to you Radical Dreamer for giving Thornley a tip of the hat, and of course Zach, Brad, Tim and Tom.
I just noticed this post. Woo for Attack by 30 Seconds To Mars! Honestly, it was playing their song in Rockband that made me like them. I think it's my most played song since the beginning of summer, though.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Shinpusan
Colonel
Location: Someone retired on the tithes that paved these roads.

Post by Shinpusan »

Anyone here heard Neutral Milk Hotel?
Hong Jie
76-31-63-80-63
Civil Administrator II, Cover II, Diplomat I, Discipline I, Military Administrator II, Politician I, Public Planner II, Volley II
Kirin Rose
Sergeant
Location: "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Post by Kirin Rose »

In Ferro Veritas wrote:
Nirvana was not "ground breaking". Nirvana was the end result of numerous bands that came out of the grunge movement, nothing more. If you really care to, buy Cobain's journals and read the first few 'chapters'. Nirvana was the first of those bands to become such a huge hit, sure, but it was nothing new if you paid attention to the other score of bands that preceded them.

As for Styx vs. Nirvana, meh. They're so different that it'd be hard to compare. I'm not a big enough fan of either to have MP3s, but I have CDs from both of them, so it's a toss up.
Someone who understands about Nirvana. *Thumbs up to Ferro*
Jin Taozu; Modified Stats: 68-31-91*-59-46* // Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Scribe II
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

Chen Ping wrote:
Shinpusan wrote:Anyone here heard Neutral Milk Hotel?
Who hasn't heard NMH? :P
Me for one. I only listen to 'classic rock' and humour/parody songs nowadays.
Magistrate of Qufu, Zetie Pi, Com: 46, Mgt: 19, Int: 84, Jud: 97*, Cha: 52, Civil Adimistrator III, Doctor I, Engineer II, Jeer I, Politician I, Public Planner II
Chen Ping
Major

Post by Chen Ping »

Yeah, yeah, I'm expecting only about 15% of the community here has actually heard them.

Anyway, I like some of their songs, but I'm not that attached to the band. I didn't feel In the Aeroplane Over the Sea was as good an album as the Pitchfork Indie Gods & Their Cult Following have been saying it is. But they still are a must for anyone to listen to if they're getting into that whole alternative scene. I've known quite a few people who've fallen in love with the band.
Shinpusan
Colonel
Location: Someone retired on the tithes that paved these roads.

Post by Shinpusan »

Yeah, I was listening to Holland, 1945, and figured I'd ask, 'cause most people haven't. I quite like them now, though, when I first listened to them I didn't care for them at all.
Hong Jie
76-31-63-80-63
Civil Administrator II, Cover II, Diplomat I, Discipline I, Military Administrator II, Politician I, Public Planner II, Volley II
Jolt
Mapmaker

Post by Jolt »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyzLHFkdv6E

Enjoy. The song's called "Thé à La Menthe"
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

I donno, I'm one of those indie kids, but I think Pitchfork is full of self important twats.

Neutral Milk Hotel is often described as "anyone who happens to near Jeff Magnum" So I've always wondered if I could just run into him in an airport or something, and be, for a few minutes, a member of Neutral Milk Hotel.
Radical Dreamer
Imposter!

Post by Radical Dreamer »

Anyone buy the new Metallica album? I almost didn't do it, but now I'm glad I did. Great songs on there.
Kubali Dun 90*-76-35-68-23
Aid II, Qiangshu II, Sortie III*, Military Administrator II, Discipline II, Dash I