The Music Thread!

Moderator: Game Masters

Valeria
New Recruit

Post by Valeria »

I'll just post a few bands that I think are worth listening too...

1. 30 Seconds to Mars
2. Skillet
3. Guano Apes
4. Ekotren
5. Manzana

A suggested song by each of the bands as well... ( in the same order )

1. Atack - Off their "A Beautiful Lie" Album
2. Whispers In The Dark - Off their "Comatose" Album
3. Open Your Eyes - Off their "Proud Like A God" Album
4. Tranqualized - Off their "Light The Fire" Album
5. Falling To Pieces - Off their "Nothing Is Whole As A Broken Heart" Album

I've listed these bands in no favorite order, I just noted from the pages that I read that these bands were unmentioned. I like them and thought that I would share them with you. Some Christian Influences here...
Radical Dreamer wrote:44. Come Again - Thornley
47. Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
Props to you Radical Dreamer for giving Thornley a tip of the hat, and of course Zach, Brad, Tim and Tom.
Hell hath no fury like Valeria's Scorn...

Walai Liya
84, 86, 41, 48, 52
Charge II, Sortie II, Dash I, Jianshu I, Faze I, Wall I
Chaoduan Qun
78, 46, 60, 65, 83
Engineer I, Doctor I, Artisan I, Propagandist I, Deride I, Instructor I
Walai Liya & Chaoduan Qun Officer Information http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 5723#95723
Walai Liya & Chaoduan Qun Biographies http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 5237#95237
Choso
Coral Serpent

Post by Choso »

Lurking Tyranny wrote:
Chinka wrote:Alkaline Trio! My Favorite Band. There new album is decent enough, but when it comes to the Trio there isn't a song I don't like, just some I like better than others.

This Could Be Love, Bleeder, I Lied My Face Off, My Friend Peter, Hating Every Minute, My Top 5 Favorite Songs
They are quite good - Though why no mention of Time to Waste? I've listened to This Could Be Love... but i've never heard the others. Which album are they on? I only have Crimson, Maybe i'll catch fire, and Good Mourning.
There is a self-titled cd which is a compilation of there EPs its an easy find at Hot Topic It should cover the Bleeder, I lied my face off, and my friend peter.

Then Remains is another compliation album that has Hating Every Minute. Its another easy find most Wal-marts would have it, FYE or Sam Goody definately would.

As For Time To Waste its ok, its just Crimson is definately my least favorite album. I mean there isn't a Trio a song i don't like its just Crimson is the weakest out of the albums.
HalftimeHero33
Officer

Post by HalftimeHero33 »

Chinka wrote:
Lurking Tyranny wrote:
Chinka wrote:Alkaline Trio! My Favorite Band. There new album is decent enough, but when it comes to the Trio there isn't a song I don't like, just some I like better than others.

This Could Be Love, Bleeder, I Lied My Face Off, My Friend Peter, Hating Every Minute, My Top 5 Favorite Songs
They are quite good - Though why no mention of Time to Waste? I've listened to This Could Be Love... but i've never heard the others. Which album are they on? I only have Crimson, Maybe i'll catch fire, and Good Mourning.
There is a self-titled cd which is a compilation of there EPs its an easy find at Hot Topic It should cover the Bleeder, I lied my face off, and my friend peter.

Then Remains is another compliation album that has Hating Every Minute. Its another easy find most Wal-marts would have it, FYE or Sam Goody definately would.

As For Time To Waste its ok, its just Crimson is definately my least favorite album. I mean there isn't a Trio a song i don't like its just Crimson is the weakest out of the albums.
I'm also a big Alkaline Trio fan. In my opinion their three best songs are Good &*$& Bye, Cooking Wine, and Trouble Breathing.

Anyone here listen to The Fall of Troy?
Sun Mu, 18
35-56-90-27-89
Confuse II, Deride II, Diplomat III, Doctor I, Propagandist I
Kirin Rose
Sergeant
Location: "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Post by Kirin Rose »

Fayul wrote:You have Linking Park, Bush, and the Foo Fighters withou Nirvana.

None of those bands would have even existed without Nirvana. Keeping them out of the top 10 is a forgiveable offence, but the top 50 is not.
All I have to say is....ew, Nirvana.
Jin Taozu; Modified Stats: 68-31-91*-59-46* // Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Scribe II
Flawed
Lieutenant

Post by Flawed »

If you don't like Nirvana, you need to get out of this thread!

Nirvana is win! WIN!..

Styx is better though.. Yay Styx!
Gao Song (26) - Location: Qi
Stats: 36-92*-35-57-72
Skills: Challenge II, Intimidate II, Qiangshu II, Raid II
-->Details<--
-->Biography<--
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

Flawed wrote:If you don't like Nirvana, you need to get out of this thread!

Nirvana is win! WIN!..

Styx is better though.. Yay Styx!
Styx? You gotta be kidding me. The people who brought us Mr. Roboto? They have a few decent songs, but their not fit to carry Kurt Cobain's guitar pick.
Flawed
Lieutenant

Post by Flawed »

Kurt Cobain, while a good musician, was and forever shall be a drastically over-rated guitarist. I realize I may catch some flak for the following line, but honestly, if it wasn't for the way he died, I don't think he'd be half as popular as he is. It just became really 'cool' to worship the ground he no longer walked on all the sudden.

You want good guitarists? Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Tariqh Akoni, Eric freaking Clapton, Van Halen, Neal Schon, Reb Beach, Richie Sambora, Yngwie Malmsteen, Zakk Wylde, Paul Gilbert.. the list goes on, but I can't think of any more.

Oh, and Styx vs Nirvana is a harder one for me..
-->Details<--
-->Biography<--
Zhang Gao
Sergeant

Post by Zhang Gao »

Flawed wrote:Kurt Cobain, while a good musician, was and forever shall be a drastically over-rated guitarist. I realize I may catch some flak for the following line, but honestly, if it wasn't for the way he died, I don't think he'd be half as popular as he is. It just became really 'cool' to worship the ground he no longer walked on all the sudden.

You want good guitarists? Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Tariqh Akoni, Eric freaking Clapton, Van Halen, Neal Schon, Reb Beach, Richie Sambora, Yngwie Malmsteen, Zakk Wylde, Paul Gilbert.. the list goes on, but I can't think of any more.

Oh, I agree Cobain and Nirvana get a boost in rep in most people's minds because of Cobain's death. Nonetheless, Styx is mediocre arena rock band and Nirvana was a ground breaking band. Nirvana wins that comparison easily in my book.
Flawed
Lieutenant

Post by Flawed »

Well, Styx and Nirvana are two different breeds of rock band though. Comparing them isn't so much a comparison of talent, as it is a comparison of taste in the end.

I prefer Styx to Nirvana, so in my book, they are the superior band.
-->Details<--
-->Biography<--
In Ferro Veritas
Lieutenant

Post by In Ferro Veritas »

Zhang Gao wrote:
Flawed wrote:Kurt Cobain, while a good musician, was and forever shall be a drastically over-rated guitarist. I realize I may catch some flak for the following line, but honestly, if it wasn't for the way he died, I don't think he'd be half as popular as he is. It just became really 'cool' to worship the ground he no longer walked on all the sudden.

Oh, I agree Cobain and Nirvana get a boost in rep in most people's minds because of Cobain's death. Nonetheless, Styx is mediocre arena rock band and Nirvana was a ground breaking band. Nirvana wins that comparison easily in my book.
Nirvana was not "ground breaking". Nirvana was the end result of numerous bands that came out of the grunge movement, nothing more. If you really care to, buy Cobain's journals and read the first few 'chapters'. Nirvana was the first of those bands to become such a huge hit, sure, but it was nothing new if you paid attention to the other score of bands that preceded them.

As for Styx vs. Nirvana, meh. They're so different that it'd be hard to compare. I'm not a big enough fan of either to have MP3s, but I have CDs from both of them, so it's a toss up.
Xue Xia
36-35-79-89-59
Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Propagandist II, Public Planner II, Entrench I, Poison I, Doctor