The Music Thread!

Moderator: Game Masters

Kiyser
Ensign

Post by Kiyser »

im a hip hop head and i just heard the funky technician for the first time two weeks ago!! classic primo oh and classic new york mc haha totally off topic
Liao Deng (26) 79/65/85/61/49
Charge I, Public Planner II, Instructor II, Faze I, Confuse II, Military Administrator I, Engineer II
Zhu Dun
Captain
Location: * Blueprint does a Cassandra Rose in Dr.Who and snogs ZD for no apparent reason

Post by Zhu Dun »

LATE!

To be fair, I don't hear names like Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater thrown around much where I live. I was about the only person in my 6th form who likes prog stuff.

And like prog stuff I do. Been appreciating Voyage 34 all day. Fun stuff.

On two member bands: Go see Winnebago Deal. Like a really heavy version of the White Stripes. Metal you can dance to (yes, that sounds like a stupid phrase, but it's true). Great stuff.

On Blur: Start with 'Song 2'. Realise it's never going to be that good again and give up. :P

On obscurity: If Charlie's a listener of Agalloch I will a) call shenanigans on this whole sordid affair b) give him a great big wet kiss and a hug. What's it gonna be, huh, punk? :P
Shu Ga Da Di, 28
53/56/81/16/99*
Diplomat II, Jeer I, Politician II, Rally II, Spy I

Also starring as his two skanky hos, E Zi Ho and Jun Ki Hor!

nurgles_herald wrote:Zhu Dun has, quite possibly, the best character concept known to man.
Tian Long wrote:[17:00] <TianLong> Thats the greatest thing ever in the history of sims
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

Beetlebum and Song 2 make the self titled blur album so amazing.

Quick question: Would liking the Raconteurs and disliking the White Stripes make me sexist? Jack White seems to think so :/
Shinpusan
Colonel
Location: Someone retired on the tithes that paved these roads.

Post by Shinpusan »

I'm the opposite of you on that subject. I like the White Stripes, but not so much The Raconteurs, though, I don't mind them too much. Anywho, that makes Jack White a jackass if he thinks that.
Hong Jie
76-31-63-80-63
Civil Administrator II, Cover II, Diplomat I, Discipline I, Military Administrator II, Politician I, Public Planner II, Volley II
Marzy
Officer

Post by Marzy »

Royalspork wrote:Beetlebum and Song 2 make the self titled blur album so amazing.

Quick question: Would liking the Raconteurs and disliking the White Stripes make me sexist? Jack White seems to think so :/
Do you not like women? 'cause if Meg being a she has nothing to do with it, then.. y'know, it's not sexist and he's just an ass.
"Just because we do not know how something works does not mean it is the will of the Gods."
Shing Kong as of July 208 - 81-97*-33-50-65

Challenge I, Charge II, Faze I, Qiangshu II, Raid II 1/4, Rupture I, Smith I

86 Gold
Items: Horse (Spd +2), Billhook (Mgt +3), Armor (Mgt +3), Throwing Daggers (Ranged), Spear (Mgt +3) (Not equipped)

Follower: Gan Lü (59) - 82-53-32-79-62
Artisan I, Decoy I, Jianshu I, Maraud I, Military Administrator II
Black Hole
Officer

Post by Black Hole »

Personally, most Blur albums have struck me as 'pretty good.' But the opening song on Think Tank, Ambulance has got to be one of my all time favorites by any band. The rest of the record is just as enjoyable as the rest of their stuff, but that's the only one that really knocked me off my feet.
Liang Zheng (34) 90.71.22.68.31 Aid II, Dash I, Gongshu II, Military Admin II, Sortie II, Wall II
Royalspork
Marshal

Post by Royalspork »

I liked Ambulance more when I couldn't tell the lyrics, cause Albarn's accent (he's british, I'm not, things get lost in the middle.) is such that you could mistake one word for another. So the lines I thought he was saying were far cooler than the lyrics of the song. In any case, it is an amazing song.

I generally don't hate women, but apparently I must be a sexist, as I do not think Meg White, JK Rowling and Margret Atwood are even mediocre at their jobs. (Rowling and Atwood are authors, of course.)
Kirin Rose
Sergeant
Location: "Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return."

Post by Kirin Rose »

Hello again everyone. I was just wondering if anyone other than me has heard of the band "Bobnoxious". They are very famous here in London, Ontario and I've heard rumors they are known without the states and Europe a little bit. Was just interested in seeing if anyone else has heard about them.
Jin Taozu; Modified Stats: 68-31-91*-59-46* // Skills: Confuse II, Decoy II, Jeer II, Scribe II
GreenFabre
Colonel

dj amaya~

Post by GreenFabre »

DJ AMAYA LIVE~ (doing djing now )
http://www.blogtv.com/People/djamaya2006
Kijo Akki
jonny duck
New Recruit

Re: The Music Thread!

Post by jonny duck »

Opeth - Catch the rainbow, Dio tribute.