Topic: Ruler Sign-Ups

Moderator: Game Masters

Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

KT's are great. Sadly, Naurek and HoC take the easy way out and destroy the joy of KTs! :(
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Wokimo
Colonel

Post by Wokimo »

KTs are teh suck. It incourages Officer involvement by using Naurek's PHP system instead of KTs. IT also means that people have to be active every turn to do something for the kingdom. It isn't like your clan can still use you for a turn after you go inactive with the HoC system. :wink:
Pang Zhou (30) 65 – 101* - 49* – 22* – 63*
Challenge II, Haste II, Jianshu II, Pierce II, Raid II

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free! You are a pirate!
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Wokimo wrote:KTs are teh suck. It incourages Officer involvement by using Naurek's PHP system instead of KTs. IT also means that people have to be active every turn to do something for the kingdom. It isn't like your clan can still use you for a turn after you go inactive with the HoC system. :wink:
Well just because lazy/dishonest rulers ruin some KTs and staff don't catch them it doesn't mean that they suck. KTs are 85% of the fun in being a ruler. Hence why I think HoC would be extremely boring as a ruler. *shrug*
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Dao Xia
General

Post by Dao Xia »

Yeah, I actually love doing KTs, up until you get a huge force. KTs here are especially easy, but they still are fun, and basically the platform for the entire game.
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

I didn't mind doing them - but checking a whole sim worth each turn change is a pain in the neck.
Last edited by ann on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

I dont see why everyone thinks KT's are great. Deary they are not. Gal says he likes them but I dont think I've seen you do a big one yet gal!

My KT's last game were pretty huge, this games were large and on simRTK? Ick! I do enjoy seeing the stats go up and the cities develop but I dont have to write it all out in notepad and do the math with a calculator to enjoy that aspect :P
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Lu Ying wrote:I dont see why everyone thinks KT's are great. Deary they are not. Gal says he likes them but I dont think I've seen you do a big one yet gal!

My KT's last game were pretty huge, this games were large and on simRTK? Ick! I do enjoy seeing the stats go up and the cities develop but I dont have to write it all out in notepad and do the math with a calculator to enjoy that aspect :P
That's because I've never had the chance! On other sims I've done KTs for 5 cities at a time, but probably never with more than 30 officers. I WISH I could do some bigger ones.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

I was doing Liu Bang's seven-province KT's at one point. Took me about an hour after the first one. Of course, I just had them do the same thing every time, heh.

I can sorta understand HoC's KT system, but I can't see any usefulness for it here, even if we had PHP (will we? Ooooh). It just doesn't mesh with our historical period as much as it does with theirs.

One of the things we tried to do with this system was to encourage people to make their subordinates into vassal rulers, at least, when they have enough territory to do it. It's what you kinda had to do in history, anyway. It's just that nobody really did it but GMNPC rulers, although Lu Ying more or less did. There are some technical things that really hold this back, though, and maybe we can work on that for v3.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:I was doing Liu Bang's seven-province KT's at one point. Took me about an hour after the first one. Of course, I just had them do the same thing every time, heh.

I can sorta understand HoC's KT system, but I can't see any usefulness for it here, even if we had PHP (will we? Ooooh). It just doesn't mesh with our historical period as much as it does with theirs.

One of the things we tried to do with this system was to encourage people to make their subordinates into vassal rulers, at least, when they have enough territory to do it. It's what you kinda had to do in history, anyway. It's just that nobody really did it but GMNPC rulers, although Lu Ying more or less did. There are some technical things that really hold this back, though, and maybe we can work on that for v3.
Maybe giving PCs certain ranks should make them be in charge of their own turns... and if they do not do the turns, rulers can execute them for sucking! :P
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

What do you mean php doesn't mesh with our period?

I can't really think of anything which would prevent it - except of course the time to code it.