Links (also known as websites)

Moderator: Game Masters

Ashikaga
Game Master Emeritus

Post by Ashikaga »

Love this kind of turn based, character oriented rp, that takes it to the next level with stats, game turns, etc? Ever wanted to get this same style of rp but in a different era?

Well, to cut the sales pitch short, I have always wanted to, and I am looking for other experienced people in this style of Rp to help me.

I am trying to build a Civil War era Rp done in a fashion similar to this with turns, player stats, etc. Still largely in the planning phase so nothing is set in stone.

http://toarms.proboards.com/index.cgi
"When you enter the theater, please walk to the end of the row filling in all available seats. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic"
- Sam the Eagle

Luanti Maodun, Bandit in Changshan
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

http://www.geocities.com/aaron2u2/simst ... alysis.htm

This is a statistical analysis of turn lengths on sims, as done by me, Xiang Zhuang. I had done this once back in 2006, I think, and figured it was overdue for an update. It is a good thing to keep in mind if and when you are considering complaining about the turn speed of this or any particular sim game!
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Trendkill
Colonel

Re: Links (also known as websites)

Post by Trendkill »

Battle of the Caesars

Storyline

It is the dawning of both a new world and a new age for mankind as some of the greatest leaders, warriors, and thinkers of the past collide on an epic scale. Play as either a historical figure or create your own fictional character in this European based Sim. Unique in its setting, and ran by excellent staffers, this game offers a multidimensional avenue to quell both your role-playing desires and your urge to conquer the world.
DotN
Officer

Post by DotN »

DotN wrote:The great Emperor Wu of the Jin dynasty, who has ruled the whole of China for the past 25 years, has recently become very ill. Forseeing death in his future, Emperor Wu called the two men he most trusted, his father-in-law Yang Jun and his uncle Sima Liang, to the capital of Luo Yang. After consulting with some of his advisors as well as the two men who had arrived at the capital, Emperor Wu made his will, which gave the power of regent to both of these men. Soon after this however, Emperor Wu passed away, and before the will could become public, Yang Jun stole it and forged a new one. This new will gave the title of regent solely to Yang Jun, and left Sima Liang with little but a princeship. Fearing that Sima Liang would react to this injustice, Yang Jun appointed him at a post in Xu Chang where he would be away from the capital where he could not hurt Yang Jun.

Meanwhile, Emperor Hui took over as the new emperor. Hui was a very inadequate person to fill this role, and he was quickly dominated by the overpowering Yang Jun, and his empress Jia Nanfeng. The Emperor's brother, Sima Wei, disliked the way in which Yang Jun was controlling his brother, and in Nan Jun, he began to plot with his advisors of ways to overthrow the overpowering regent.

After failing at his post in Yong, Sima Lun had been recalled to the capital. Both he and his chief advisor, Sun Xiu, were on trial for their failure to defend Yong against the Di chief Qi Wannian. Eventually, Lun would be dismissed, and all the blame of the event fell to Sun Xiu. Seeing that his advisor and confidant, Sun Xiu, was about to be executed, Sima Lun began to plead with the officials to spare his friend. And after much pleading, Sima Lun was demoted to a post in Han Dan, and Sun Xiu was spared. Though he was pleased that his advisor had been spared, Lun was very disappointed that he had been posted in Han Dan. After Emperor Wu's death, Sima Lun began to see his chance to get revenge on these officials who he believed had cheated him.

Upon seeing the way in which his father, Sima You, was mistreated by Emperor Wu and left to die by his doctors, Sima Jiong had much to be angry about. He held inside him a deep resentment for Emperor Wu, and after hearing of his death, Jiong couldn't help but to be slightly pleased that the man who had wronged his father had now passed. With a sizeable amount of troops under his command, he is beginning to grow impatient with the current regency, and appears to be planning something from his post in Lin Zi.

Another brother of the new Emperor was busy obtaining supreme power over the city of Chang Sha, and upon completing this task, Sima Ai became the Prince of Chang Sha. After completely pledging his loyalty to his older brother, young Ai began to become more involved in the politics of the capital. Upon seeing the way that the regent and empress controlled his brother, Ai was deeply saddened, but he knew that any action to remove either from power would be seen as treason. Thus, he continued to serve the administration, while receiving many praises for his loyalty and piety.

Sima Ying had been astounded by the fact that many of the great princes of China had failed to attend his father's funeral. He had even stayed in Luo Yang longer than he had initially expected as he wanted to help his older brother begin his reign as emperor. The only reason he went back to Cheng Du was he hated his sister-in-law empress Jia Nanfeng and her entire family, especially Jia Mi. The nephew of the empress, Jia Mi, had no respect at all for the new emperor, and Sima Ying had rebuked him for his lack piety. This greatly angered the empress and she threatened to have Ying thrown in prison for disrespecting high ranking nobility. So the young Prince of Cheng Du returned to his post under the advice of his strategist Lu Zhi. Scornful, he awaits a chance to make the Jia clan pay.

Upon hearing of Emperor Wu's death, Sima Yong became upset that his mentor had passed. Wu had favored Prince Yong for his abilities as well as his knack for being able to tell great leaders from ordinary men. Wu had went as far as to proclaim that Yong was the example prince who all the others should model themselves after. Wu had given him a post at Chang An which was usually reserved for high ranking men, but Wu felt that Sima Yong deserved this. Despite not really respecting Emperor Hui, Sima Yong began to serve him fully out of respect for his father Emperor Wu. Due to many trips to the capital, Yong began to build a good friendship with the Prince of Cheng Du, Sima Ying. The two knew that Yang Jun's time was coming to an end, and Yong's CiC, Zhang Fang, was hoping that he would soon be ordered to march on Yang Jun.

Sima Yue couldn't help but feel indifferent to Emperor Wu's death. The emperor had done little for him. Other than a post in Dong Hai, Sima Yue had received no thanks for his help in overcoming the Di Tribe. The emperor only scolded him for failing to capture the Di chief Qi Wannian, so Sima Yue didn't really feel bad about the Emperor's death. In Dong Hai he just waited, building up a sizeable force in case he was needed.

Along with these Eight Princes, many other warlords across the land began to establish a foothold in the empire. The current leader appeared to be quite weak, and the dynasty appeared to be near its end. So, many warlords began to harbor desires to start their very own dynasties. Some would pledge loyalty to the Jin Dynasty, while others would ally themselves with one of the Princes. The land is beginning to embark into a time of turmoil, and only one man can lead it out. Who will it be?
Storyline to The Eight Princes. The ruler sign-ups have begun and if you are interested, you can come and check it out. Also, I am currently in need of a few people to serve as dedicated staff.

The actual game launch date is set for 3-02-10. So if you're not interested in ruling or staffing, check back with us then.
Zhuge Ze 22
70* -23 -100* -87 -38
Skills: Aid I, Confuse II, Decoy I, Deride I, Entangle I, Jeer II
Items: In Times of War {book} (+5 com), Book of Piety (+6 int)
Shinpusan
Colonel
Location: Someone retired on the tithes that paved these roads.

Post by Shinpusan »

DotN wrote:
DotN wrote:The great Emperor Wu of the Jin dynasty, who has ruled the whole of China for the past 25 years, has recently become very ill. Forseeing death in his future, Emperor Wu called the two men he most trusted, his father-in-law Yang Jun and his uncle Sima Liang, to the capital of Luo Yang. After consulting with some of his advisors as well as the two men who had arrived at the capital, Emperor Wu made his will, which gave the power of regent to both of these men. Soon after this however, Emperor Wu passed away, and before the will could become public, Yang Jun stole it and forged a new one. This new will gave the title of regent solely to Yang Jun, and left Sima Liang with little but a princeship. Fearing that Sima Liang would react to this injustice, Yang Jun appointed him at a post in Xu Chang where he would be away from the capital where he could not hurt Yang Jun.

Meanwhile, Emperor Hui took over as the new emperor. Hui was a very inadequate person to fill this role, and he was quickly dominated by the overpowering Yang Jun, and his empress Jia Nanfeng. The Emperor's brother, Sima Wei, disliked the way in which Yang Jun was controlling his brother, and in Nan Jun, he began to plot with his advisors of ways to overthrow the overpowering regent.

After failing at his post in Yong, Sima Lun had been recalled to the capital. Both he and his chief advisor, Sun Xiu, were on trial for their failure to defend Yong against the Di chief Qi Wannian. Eventually, Lun would be dismissed, and all the blame of the event fell to Sun Xiu. Seeing that his advisor and confidant, Sun Xiu, was about to be executed, Sima Lun began to plead with the officials to spare his friend. And after much pleading, Sima Lun was demoted to a post in Han Dan, and Sun Xiu was spared. Though he was pleased that his advisor had been spared, Lun was very disappointed that he had been posted in Han Dan. After Emperor Wu's death, Sima Lun began to see his chance to get revenge on these officials who he believed had cheated him.

Upon seeing the way in which his father, Sima You, was mistreated by Emperor Wu and left to die by his doctors, Sima Jiong had much to be angry about. He held inside him a deep resentment for Emperor Wu, and after hearing of his death, Jiong couldn't help but to be slightly pleased that the man who had wronged his father had now passed. With a sizeable amount of troops under his command, he is beginning to grow impatient with the current regency, and appears to be planning something from his post in Lin Zi.

Another brother of the new Emperor was busy obtaining supreme power over the city of Chang Sha, and upon completing this task, Sima Ai became the Prince of Chang Sha. After completely pledging his loyalty to his older brother, young Ai began to become more involved in the politics of the capital. Upon seeing the way that the regent and empress controlled his brother, Ai was deeply saddened, but he knew that any action to remove either from power would be seen as treason. Thus, he continued to serve the administration, while receiving many praises for his loyalty and piety.

Sima Ying had been astounded by the fact that many of the great princes of China had failed to attend his father's funeral. He had even stayed in Luo Yang longer than he had initially expected as he wanted to help his older brother begin his reign as emperor. The only reason he went back to Cheng Du was he hated his sister-in-law empress Jia Nanfeng and her entire family, especially Jia Mi. The nephew of the empress, Jia Mi, had no respect at all for the new emperor, and Sima Ying had rebuked him for his lack piety. This greatly angered the empress and she threatened to have Ying thrown in prison for disrespecting high ranking nobility. So the young Prince of Cheng Du returned to his post under the advice of his strategist Lu Zhi. Scornful, he awaits a chance to make the Jia clan pay.

Upon hearing of Emperor Wu's death, Sima Yong became upset that his mentor had passed. Wu had favored Prince Yong for his abilities as well as his knack for being able to tell great leaders from ordinary men. Wu had went as far as to proclaim that Yong was the example prince who all the others should model themselves after. Wu had given him a post at Chang An which was usually reserved for high ranking men, but Wu felt that Sima Yong deserved this. Despite not really respecting Emperor Hui, Sima Yong began to serve him fully out of respect for his father Emperor Wu. Due to many trips to the capital, Yong began to build a good friendship with the Prince of Cheng Du, Sima Ying. The two knew that Yang Jun's time was coming to an end, and Yong's CiC, Zhang Fang, was hoping that he would soon be ordered to march on Yang Jun.

Sima Yue couldn't help but feel indifferent to Emperor Wu's death. The emperor had done little for him. Other than a post in Dong Hai, Sima Yue had received no thanks for his help in overcoming the Di Tribe. The emperor only scolded him for failing to capture the Di chief Qi Wannian, so Sima Yue didn't really feel bad about the Emperor's death. In Dong Hai he just waited, building up a sizeable force in case he was needed.

Along with these Eight Princes, many other warlords across the land began to establish a foothold in the empire. The current leader appeared to be quite weak, and the dynasty appeared to be near its end. So, many warlords began to harbor desires to start their very own dynasties. Some would pledge loyalty to the Jin Dynasty, while others would ally themselves with one of the Princes. The land is beginning to embark into a time of turmoil, and only one man can lead it out. Who will it be?
Storyline to The Eight Princes. The ruler sign-ups have begun and if you are interested, you can come and check it out. Also, I am currently in need of a few people to serve as dedicated staff.

The actual game launch date is set for 3-02-10. So if you're not interested in ruling or staffing, check back with us then.
We lied! Sign-ups are open now! Come join us and have fun! :P
Hong Jie
76-31-63-80-63
Civil Administrator II, Cover II, Diplomat I, Discipline I, Military Administrator II, Politician I, Public Planner II, Volley II
SleepingDragonZ
Ensign
Location: "Everybody want to go to heaven But nobody want to die" Peter Tosh

Post by SleepingDragonZ »

The Sim League

Looking for something to do while waiting for the restart?

The Sim League is a fantasy baseball league for us, the simmers. Hey, you are already pretending to be an ancient Chinese person, why not try your hand at being a MLB manager too? Plus, it is a joint venture of CC and SDZ, so there are no limits to the potential awesomeness!

Now I hear you saying "but SDZ, I don't know much about baseball." Well, that is the beauty of this all... You don't need to. Heck, I watch baseball non-stop and have been beaten in these leagues by people who think A-Rod and K-Rod are probably parts of their car!

18 spots are still available as I type this, so sign up now before I put the add on SimRTK and they fill up before you get the chance! Don't miss out.
Feng Jiulong "Nánkàn Feng (Ugly Feng)"
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

The staff at Way of the Dragon would like to present to you it's newest version; Way of the Dragon: Age of Rebellion!

China prospered throughout the majority of the reign of the Han, but in its later years, corruption has spread. This, combined with a set of natural disasters and a growing fear that the government cannot protect its people, has caused many to whisper that some sort of big change is about to occur. What role will you choose to play in it all?

Ruler sign-ups have now opened, and will be open for the next few days. We at WotD encourage you to come over and have a look at the site now, even if you do not wish to rule, to get a general idea of how the rules work. We feature a host of new and (hopefully) interesting rules, including the ability for players to build their own estates, as well as a RPG-style leveling system called Focus that is based upon your Renown.

Way of the Dragon Awaits You!
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
Ni Zan
Officer

Post by Ni Zan »

It seems you forgot the link ;) I'll try Google.
Ni Zan (50) 80-36-60-92*-65 Item: Book of Shu (+3 Jud.)
Politician II, Cover, Entrench II, Diplomat, Civil Administrator II, Military Administrator, and Volley II
GreenFabre
Colonel

KIJO AKKI

Post by GreenFabre »

Kijo Akki
Seewichai
Captain

Post by Seewichai »

Romance of The Three Kingdoms Online is now open for Ruler Applications and will close on Saturday, September 4th at 8pm EST.

In order not to clutter up this post, you may read up the intriguing storyline over here and the exciting new rules over here.

If you are getting bored with competing with the AI on your PC or console station in this most enriching period in the Chinese history, join us at rtkonline.net today!
Qian Yen (千眼) (26) 60-71*-89*-65-50 | Confuse II, Gongshu II, Poison II, Spy II

[暗兵]