General Impressions Poll

Moderator: Game Masters

What is your General Impression of the Success of Warlords V2?

Best Sim Ever
16%
Great!
42%
Good
28%
Average
5%
Poor
3%
Terrible
2%
I'd rather play with rattlesnakes.
5%

Total votes: 64

Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

General Impressions Poll

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Well, we've covered several months now of the game, and I'd like to hear general impressions, especially about the V2 overhaul for battles and KTs.

Any feedback is welcome, even if it is nothing about the v2 overhaul though. :)

Xiang Zhuang Edit: If there is something you don't want to say publicly, feel free to PM one of us with it.
damon
Officer

Post by damon »

There is a lot to the game that make it more enjoyable than an average sim; i.e. equipment for armies, personal armies, towns and villages, I could go on for a while. The GM's are also very quick and work very hard, which makes the sim that much better. My only real complaint is that there needs to be more GM involvement with the storyline because it is sort of lacking at the moment. Perhaps trying to get the Role Play thread more lively might help with this.
Kong Tanmeng (235) 95-72-41-69-23
Aid I, Discipline II, Instructor II, Military Administrator II, Qiangshu II, Wall II
Chaotic Leaf
Sergeant

Post by Chaotic Leaf »

I can’t really say much for the Kingdom/Battle portions of the game, but from a standard player’s POV, I have to say so far I really like it. The option to have BG Points at the beginning is a neat option and lets you have a variety of things to choose from. (From a character creation standpoint, it gave me fits until I finally decided on the type I wanted to play, though there are several others I’ve already thought up incase the current character ever dies.)

Overall it’s very good, but I was so tempted to click play with rattlesnakes… :P (*Likes to be difficult sometimes*)
Jiao Liang (19) 34-86*-41-69-69
Skill(s): Diplomat, Doctor, Gongshu II, Jianshu, Poison, Politician, Saboteur II
Follower: Zhi Pen
Nathaniel
Not-so-new recruit

Post by Nathaniel »

I like it a lot, but I put I'd rather play with rattlesnakes because I would (I like snakes), bad choice of option there :P . I'll edit any suggestions in have in here when I think of some :roll:
Last edited by Nathaniel on Tue May 16, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re Bianju (21)
Male
0 Gold
94*-93*-45-36*-37
Skills: Flank I, Raid I, Qiangshu I, Formation I, Rally I, Wedge I,
Sword (Melee, Mgt +4)
Book of Fa (Jud +1)
Basic Commands (Com +1)

Followers:
An Taishi(19) Female 70-92-59-61-60 Scout II, Military Administrator I, Confuse I, Wedge I, Horsemanship I, Delay I
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

This is a great Sim in my opinion, quite well made. The variety of options that one has in this Sim is what makes it so good, in my opinion. Either way, keep up the good work ^_^

Oh, and like the people above me, playing with rattlesnakes sounded like an interesting option, no wonder it has 1/6 of the votes :P
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
Kentalot
Sergeant

Post by Kentalot »

I think it's a great casual sim. Good work. Some things can be more complex, but since your aim is simplified, I think you succeeded. However, with all the new options and personal armies etc. I really wished you guys made it more complex (or I hope simrtk incorporates it :P). Anyway, good work.
Xiang Shang Sun 香尚孫 (20) 52-54-91*-44-85 Diplomat II, Policitian III, Public Planner III, Engineer II, Scribe I
Dong Zhou
Sergeant

Post by Dong Zhou »

It is too early for me to fully say it is great but so far it is good and pushing towards great.

I like the sign up system, the options given really add variety and made me think. The battles have been fun to read and I have enjoyed the duelling system
Shishun Mao (40) 91-56-81-69-24 Charge II, Dash III, Envelop II, Wall II
100 gold
Follower: Ran Cao(44) 77-55-71-90-37 Raid II, Scout I, Dash I, Politician I
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

You have done it.

For a while, every I go, all sims are moving farther and farther away from the player. Hear me out. Every sim is afriad of cheaters, bad players, jerks, idiots, etc.

And so they make the sim as cut and dry as possible.

But Warlords has trusted its people. You are a ruler, no matter what, if you want to be. (or could have been.) You can be a small magistrate, or provinicial lord. Betrayal is on the fly, as you personally command men, armies. You have loyal NPCs YOU create and are free to rp. Background points give you the ability to have so many things considered an unending and pointless headache elsewhere. You have simplified it as much as possible, saying "Here. Here is warlords, a simple, easy game. To let you do what you want to do that can be done. No strange rules, no stipulations." You ran with it, and you've been rewarded, I think, by a goodly amount of activity, high praise, and one of the best games I've played, not just sim. You really feel like a random guy in China.. talented, and able to do what you will.. if things go your way. No artifical structures that limit you. And you have not suffered for it, as some people would think. I know people who twould balk at the idea of giving someone "As many NPCs as they can recruit, some of which are as loyal/close/controlled as statless npcs." Or a sizable army to anyone who wishes it. Or to having 80 thousands rulers. But you did it, it works, and I love you. ;)

Fight, Win, Prevail!
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."
Galagros
Administrator Emeritus

Post by Galagros »

I'd say things are going great, but there is still room for improvement, as always. I think there are simply too many NPC rulers and not enough GMs to to play them all significantly.
Chen Yu
Officer Info
Tian Dan, King of Qi
Officer Info
Zhong Ce
Officer Info
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

It's really good, but there are too many npc rulers and too few gm to play them all. Also I think two npc's to a pc character is pushing it, but it's a minor thing. I like game so far.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)