Rules questions or comments

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Rules questions or comments

Postby Phailak » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:59 am

If you have questions or comments on the rules.

Liu Kang
Marquis

Re: Rules questions or comments

Postby Liu Kang » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi all, kinda excited to try this out. I do have two questions:

What do the stats themselves do, and what do they represent? At the moment I assume they affect the skills they are relevant to, but is that all?

If you play the game mechanically but can't participate in many RPs (if any) would that be okay, or would you prefer players be committed? I ask this as I am unsure how much time I can commit since my work schedules are hectic and unreliable, and most importantly I do not want to potentially ruin the experience for anyone else.
Kong Li 27-70-70-70-68

Aid I, Assassin II, Author I, Crafty II, Investor I, Perception I, Perfectionist I, Polymath II, Propaganda I, Sabotage I, Smith II, Strong I, Swift I, Versatile I.

Chen Ping
Major

Postby Chen Ping » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi all, kinda excited to try this out. I do have two questions:

What do the stats themselves do, and what do they represent? At the moment I assume they affect the skills they are relevant to, but is that all?

If you play the game mechanically but can't participate in many RPs (if any) would that be okay, or would you prefer players be committed? I ask this as I am unsure how much time I can commit since my work schedules are hectic and unreliable, and most importantly I do not want to potentially ruin the experience for anyone else.

Welcome!

1) The stats can impact battles a lot. I summarized their effects below, feel free to read more in the battle and duel rules in case I missed anything. Other than that, they affect the skill success % (and associated tactics and actions) as you mentioned.

Command: for generals
    *Max # of troops limit
    *Melee layer attack
    *Melee layer defense
    *Support layer attack
    *Battle spoils

Might: for melee generals and duelists
    *Melee layer attack
    *Duel HP
    *Duel attack
    *Chance to escape battle

Intelligence for support generals
    *Support layer attack
    *Support layer defense
    *Chance to escape battle

Judgment for generals
    *Melee layer defense
    *Support layer defense
    *Duel stamina
    *Chance to escape battle

Charisma for sexy people
    *Battle effectiveness regeneration
    *Duel hit %
    *Battle spoils
    *Chance to taunt someone into a duel

2) Playing mechanically is perfectly fine! You might miss out on an RP quest, and some fun player interaction, but the game can still be enjoyed through the sheer mechanics (and chatting about it). A lot of people play mostly mechanic with the occasional RP.
Last edited by Chen Ping on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liu Kang
Marquis

Postby Liu Kang » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Thanks, that helped a lot!
Kong Li 27-70-70-70-68

Aid I, Assassin II, Author I, Crafty II, Investor I, Perception I, Perfectionist I, Polymath II, Propaganda I, Sabotage I, Smith II, Strong I, Swift I, Versatile I.

WesternConqueror
New Recruit

Postby WesternConqueror » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Hello,

So...I am a new player. Must I join up with an existing ruler? Or can I get a Warlord flag and start my own state as I conquer territory?

If I join existing ruler, what happens to my initial allotment of 900 soldiers, 900 armaments, 900 spy points, 900 NPC points?

Titania
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Titania » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:18 pm

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

You do not have to join another player, you can work as a mercenary or pillage the countryside, but unfortunately you are not able to claim a Warlord flag and attack and gain territories on your own, since the game has already started. You can attack locations, and should you win, gain resources based off of the location type for a set number of turns.

Should you choose to join another player you keep your resources, they are completely yours to do what you wish.

Return to “Rules”