Rules questions or comments

Suicide Fox
Cheerleader

Re: Rules questions or comments

Postby Suicide Fox » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Phailak wrote:Good point, not as it was intended though, if someone would exploit that one specifically, I would need to intervene, I am more concerned with once we have a tool in place, would need to monitor. I'm open to suggestions if someone has one in keeping with how we want the skill to work

Maybe take the player portion out of the skill entirely. Instead, have the skill take a cost off of the % of gold it costs when you spend your gold for resources via your resource management tool. 10%, 20,%, 30% for each level of skill (adjusted how you see fit for balance)

Players would still have a trading economy because those with the skill would have more resources if they took the skill to sell or trade with other players (albeit they would still have to use their own gold to buy resources from the tool but at cheaper costs) , but it would take out the need to moderate abuse, and instead would streamline the entire process

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Suicide Fox wrote:
Phailak wrote:Good point, not as it was intended though, if someone would exploit that one specifically, I would need to intervene, I am more concerned with once we have a tool in place, would need to monitor. I'm open to suggestions if someone has one in keeping with how we want the skill to work

Maybe take the player portion out of the skill entirely. Instead, have the skill take a cost off of the % of gold it costs when you spend your gold for resources via your resource management tool. 10%, 20,%, 30% for each level of skill (adjusted how you see fit for balance)

Players would still have a trading economy because those with the skill would have more resources if they took the skill to sell or trade with other players (albeit they would still have to use their own gold to buy resources from the tool but at cheaper costs) , but it would take out the need to moderate abuse, and instead would streamline the entire process

Good idea, let's see what others think, especially those with the skill

Choso
Coral Serpent

Postby Choso » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:21 pm

For real though I understand the changes. Seem like the easiest solution and is still useful. Some could argue more so.

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 am

Choso wrote:Is offering financing against the rules? As in making loans?

Yes because there is no way to ensure it doesn't become a gift to another player.

Swashbuckler
Officer

Postby Swashbuckler » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:13 am

Further dueling questions:

Debuffs associated with tactics. Are they generally persistent? In what cases are they not persistent?

Do tactic cancels automatically cancel in all circumstances? If so, are CoS% rolls therefore significant only for secondary effects?

Similarly, do tactics that cancel attacks cancel attacks in all circumstances?

Phailak
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Phailak » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:38 am

Swashbuckler wrote:Further dueling questions:

Debuffs associated with tactics. Are they generally persistent? In what cases are they not persistent?

Do tactic cancels automatically cancel in all circumstances? If so, are CoS% rolls therefore significant only for secondary effects?

Similarly, do tactics that cancel attacks cancel attacks in all circumstances?

Debuffs and buffs depend on the actual tactic, some are meant to last the whole duel, others not, I have it somewhere, is it not part of the tactics table?

Tactics that cancel only have one condition, that the opponent uses the tactics it is intended to cancel
Cancelling attacks has a roll IIRC

Swashbuckler
Officer

Postby Swashbuckler » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Exceptions aren't well-specified in the table, no. As a general rule, exceptions are tactic-based damage modifiers such as that for Cross Strike, right?

Return to “Rules”