Xiang Jun's Audience Hall - Shou Chun

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

An envoy from the Kingdom of Huianan made his way to the court of King Xiang Jun of Jiujang. Unlike previous diplomats they have receieved, this one bore the sigil of the Haihu, the army of Jiang Sei. Approaching the recieving area the envoy addressed the commander in charge...

Envoy: I am Jin Taishi of Huianan, diploamt of Jiang Sei. I am here on belahf of the newly elect Marqius of Huianan to speak with the King should he be available. I will submit to any search that is required...

With that the envoy bowed his head to those he addresed and allowed for any search to take place.
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
Bonaparte
Marshal

Post by Bonaparte »

Si Dong Yeng was welcomed into Shouchun with full honors and immediately a banquet prepared by no less than the King was set in place. Inside the gathering were Xiang Jun and his Aides, Marshal Qing Bu, District Manager Wu Rui, Qianzhen Na and Mei Xuan. To the right of Xiang Jun stood the imposing figure of the King's Chief Aide, Ziu Yenza.

When Si Yong Deng was brought inside the chambers, Xiang Jun beckoned the Marshal of Chu to take a seat opposite him. With a cup in hand, Jun scanned his retainers.

"We are honored to have here today the Marshal who broke the gates of Xiangcheng with a single blow of his weapon," Jun said referring to the siege of not so long ago. "Marshal Si Dong Yeng, welcome to Shouchun."
Si Yong Deng was immediately surprised that the king would go to the trouble to prepare a banquet, yet he could not allow it to go to his head. Si Yong Deng laughed and smiled at such a friendly response.

Si Yong Deng: King Xiang Jun, you did not have to go through the trouble of hosting a banquet. However, I am awestruck by your generosity.

Si Yong Deng was happy that there was much unity between the two states, and any troubling thoughts cleared his mind.
Deng Yue, 40
51-46-50-78-80*
Military Administrator II, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat II, Politician II
Items: Horse (+1 Speed, E), Ring of Changsha (+3 Charisma, E)
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Freefall wrote:An envoy from the Kingdom of Huianan made his way to the court of King Xiang Jun of Jiujang. Unlike previous diplomats they have received, this one bore the sigil of the Haihu, the army of Jiang Sei. Approaching the recieving area the envoy addressed the commander in charge...

Envoy: I am Jin Taishi of Huianan, diploamt of Jiang Sei. I am here on belahf of the newly elect Marqius of Huianan to speak with the King should he be available. I will submit to any search that is required...

With that the envoy bowed his head to those he addresed and allowed for any search to take place.
The Envoy from Huainan was not searched but was allowed to enter the city with the accomodation usually afforded the representatives of the other warlords of the realm. However, the populace of the city shot him a fierce glare as he made his way into the inner districts; obviously, while Xiang Jun opened his gates to the warlords once allied with Yi Lian, the citizens were not yet ready to extend them the same courtesy.

The representative from Huainan was brought before the presence of Xiang Jun, who at the time was accompanied by his Chief Aide, Ziu Yenza and Mei Xuan, his Commander of the Tiger Guards. Two columns of ten soldiers each were also in attendance inside. The young liege gestured for the diplomat to draw closer.

"Well," Xiang Jun yawned, tilting his head sideways as he did so. "That loudmouth Li Gui said that I should expect a visit from your liege. I guess he was wrong. Warlords twice my age don't really see a King in Jiujiang." He laughed at a joke directed to himself. "In any event, let us hear what you have to say, Envoy," Jun said.
Bonaparte wrote:Si Yong Deng was immediately surprised that the king would go to the trouble to prepare a banquet, yet he could not allow it to go to his head. Si Yong Deng laughed and smiled at such a friendly response.

Si Yong Deng: King Xiang Jun, you did not have to go through the trouble of hosting a banquet. However, I am awestruck by your generosity.

Si Yong Deng was happy that there was much unity between the two states, and any troubling thoughts cleared his mind.
"As I was struck in awe when I first heard your feat in Xiangcheng. The months I spent administering the city were filled with the tales of mothers to their children about how you brought the city's former administrator to his knees in a magnificent duel," Jun said, recalling the tales that were in fact pervasive in Xiangcheng at the time. "Tell me, Marshal. How are things in Chu? I've heard that the King have been distraught over some misunderstanding with Yin?"
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Crim wrote:The Envoy from Huainan was not searched but was allowed to enter the city with the accomodation usually afforded the representatives of the other warlords of the realm. However, the populace of the city shot him a fierce glare as he made his way into the inner districts; obviously, while Xiang Jun opened his gates to the warlords once allied with Yi Lian, the citizens were not yet ready to extend them the same courtesy.

The representative from Huainan was brought before the presence of Xiang Jun, who at the time was accompanied by his Chief Aide, Ziu Yenza and Mei Xuan, his Commander of the Tiger Guards. Two columns of ten soldiers each were also in attendance inside. The young liege gestured for the diplomat to draw closer.

"Well," Xiang Jun yawned, tilting his head sideways as he did so. "That loudmouth Li Gui said that I should expect a visit from your liege. I guess he was wrong. Warlords twice my age don't really see a King in Jiujiang." He laughed at a joke directed to himself. "In any event, let us hear what you have to say, Envoy," Jun said.
Jin Taishi was a careful man, he had spent a lifetime under the employ of some unscruplous folks until he signed on with Jiang Sei. He bowed low to show his host respect and kept his head bowed as he spoke....

Jin: Your lordship...Marqius Jiang regrets he was not able to meet with you himself. The recent battles came swiftly as did the mantle of rule to my master. After the recent victory over the forces of Liang, he is seeing to the stability of the province. The death of the former MArqius was...unexpected and there is much to be done for the secruity of Huianan.

His tone was calm and polite, he did not sound rushed or worried. Instead courteous and diplomatic...

Jin: Marqius Jiang understands that your forces would have been able to take the holdings in this province, but he hopes the gesture of ceding them to your control will go towards peace between our two forces. Right now, his only concern is that of the Huianan province and it's people.
Jiang Sei (35)
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Xiang Jun nodded. "I've gathered as much," the young King said. "My mandate from Chen She does not extend to Huainan, Envoy. Your lord should sleep well knowing that it is not my intention to seize from him control of his holdings in Huainan. Changsha is an entirely different matter, however."

Jun straightened his posture and continued, "What can your Marquis do to help me take Changsha?"
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Challenge I, Gongshu I, Intimidate II, Jianshu II, Qiangshu II, Smith II, Yueshu II
Items: Xiang Yu's Old Sword (+2 Might), Leather Cuirass (+1 Might), Imperial Tally (+2 Cha, Jewelry), Crossbow (Ranged), Zao Xing's Axe (+1 Might, unequipped), Zao Xing's Armor (+1 Might, unequipped), Horse (Speed +1)
NPC Follower: Jin Mei Liao (Female); 20; 34-22-61-72-89; Assemble I, Civil Admin I, Doctor I, Haste I, Inspire I
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Crim wrote:Na smirked, "Leave. I will not waste another moment with you. If your Duke wishes to negotiate terms with Jiujiang, he must do so himself."

"Fail that and I'll see your liege on the battlefield, Envoy. Oh, I do hope Lin Xin reinforces Yi Tao when the garbage in Cheng De is besieged next month," Na added as ordered the patrol unit to march inside the city. "There is little use in delaying the inevitable.."
The envoy scowls. "Since you are so set upon war with little concern for the people of the south, then there is no reason for the Duke of Yue meet your false King. Your greed and ambition will consume you."

Shia turned to leave unless stopped.
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Crim wrote:Xiang Jun nodded. "I've gathered as much," the young King said. "My mandate from Chen She does not extend to Huainan, Envoy. Your lord should sleep well knowing that it is not my intention to seize from him control of his holdings in Huainan. Changsha is an entirely different matter, however."

Jun straightened his posture and continued, "What can your Marquis do to help me take Changsha?"
Internally the envoy winced at the question, he knew it would be coming eventually just not so direct. After the exchange with Liang, there was a concern on the battle field Huianan would become. However outwardly, Jin Taishi smiled a friendly smile and addressed the king respectfully.

Jin: That is a tricky question you pose me your highness. Duke Lin is an ally of Huianan. He has granted us access to his roads and offered assistance in coming conflicts with Liang. In turn Liang has made it clear to my lord that they are so intent on fighting the Duke, so much so, that Xiang Kai has ignored missives from Marqius Jiang who had hoped to stop last months bloodeshed. It is apperent that they will assault us and bring death to our province to do so.

He paused a moment to gauge the reaction of his host upon mention mention Liang. Though quickly continued...

Jin: However, my master is not so foolish enough to cause more fighting between our two forces seeing as his only goal is the safety of Huianan. This is one of teh reasons I came and not one of those that were under the employ of your former enemy Yi. I served Marqius Jiang as an officer of his private army. He desperatly wants you to know that he wants no fighting between us. What the future holds in uncertain your majesty, however my lord will do what is best for our province. Right now that consists of establishing peace with you and King Chen, as well as defending against the incurssions of Liang. If he picks one side over the other he will find his province as a battlefield for fighting between the factions. We can commit to no involvment on either side of the fence however.
Jiang Sei (35)
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Xiang Jun listened intently as the Envoy explained the situation in Huainan. The King smiled faintly, but shook his head in the end.

"Your liege has two options as do I," Jun said, tapping his fingers as he did so. "He can either submit to the rule of Chu and Jiujiang and consequently, brand Lin Xin his enemy. Or, he can continue his dealings with the dog of Yue and earn the renewed ire of King Chen She and myself."

Xiang Jun stood and walked past his Chief Aide, Ziu Yenza. His gaze fixed on the far horizon to the northeast, the King spoke. "For my part, I have to consider the proposition given by Duke Xiang Kai - to cede in his favor control of both Huainan and Wu and attack your lord's holdings in concert with the men of Liang. Opposite this option is that which will shower pity on your lord's domains, take him under the mantle of protection of the alliance between Chu and Jiujiang and exhaust all means to ensure the survivability of Jiang Sei's remaining holdings in the South."

Jun turned to face the Envoy. "Ally with Lin Xin and we shall help Liang conquer Huainan; help us conquer Lin Xin and we shall defend Huainan from Liang," the King said. "I'll give your lord a month to decide, Envoy. His failure to act on the matter will seriously prejudice not only his standing in my Court but the very mandate that was passed to him by the whore that was Yi Lian."
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*
Indestructable
New Recruit

Post by Indestructable »

Dios Xang had never been to the province of Jiujiang before, and he must say it was something rather of a spectical. Traveling from province to province over the last month had been rather exciting, but he had yet to be in the audience of a king. This would truly be an honor indeed.

It was approaching the Administrative Complex of the honorable king that Dios Xang retrieved a scroll which had been sent to him by the lords of these lands himself. Presenting the scroll to one of the entrance guards, Dios Xang formily introduced himself, giving off a small bow. "My name is Dios Xang, your lordship Xiang Jun is expecting me."
<a href="http://www.simwarlords.net/forum/viewto ... 4640">Dios Xang (31)</a>
Stats: 90-*89-52-51-35
Skills: Raid III, Rupture II, Smith III, Sortie II
Crim
Colonel

Post by Crim »

Indestructable wrote:Dios Xang had never been to the province of Jiujiang before, and he must say it was something rather of a spectical. Traveling from province to province over the last month had been rather exciting, but he had yet to be in the audience of a king. This would truly be an honor indeed.

It was approaching the Administrative Complex of the honorable king that Dios Xang retrieved a scroll which had been sent to him by the lords of these lands himself. Presenting the scroll to one of the entrance guards, Dios Xang formily introduced himself, giving off a small bow. "My name is Dios Xang, your lordship Xiang Jun is expecting me."
The guard captain nodded and Dios Xang was requested to surrender all his weapons to them before he was led to the presence of Xiang Jun. Assuming this was complied with without protest, Dios Xang is accompanied by ten veteran soldiers into the study of the King, where he's joined by the Chief Aide Ziu Yenza, Tiger Guards Commander Mei Xuan and Supreme Commander Xu Huang. Inside the study were ten Tiger Guards chosen specifically to guard the King.

"So, the famed Smith-General has come?" the King said, "Well, Lord Dios, was your journey arduous? And more importantly, did you come to accept my offer for you to serve in Jiujiang?"
Xiang Jun, 18
37-90*-32-77-64*