Chen Wei's Audience Hall - Huyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu frowned, then shrugged as one of her little cubs curled around her legs.

"In love with me? Huh? Then why would he call me a thing...that's just insulting...Why did he never say so?"

She grunted, unable to believe her ears...Was that what he had meant? She'd been too busy being outraged to notice...Maybe she had missed something there...

"Anyways, why can't you let me go anywhere? I go where I WANT! Hmmph!"

She grumbled then started walking forwards, though her maids weren't so sure. There was serious intent in her eyes, as if she didn't notice everyone blocking her way at all.
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

((At another time, unfortunately))

The old man approached the halls of Huyang with a determined gait. He looked over the guards posted there, and bowed. "I have come to see the young master, Chen Wei, by his request." The man held out a letter to the guards and allowed them to peruse it. "As you can see, he is expecting me."
Clown
New Recruit

Post by Clown »

RuffRydeR wrote:Liangyu frowned, then shrugged as one of her little cubs curled around her legs.

"In love with me? Huh? Then why would he call me a thing...that's just insulting...Why did he never say so?"

She grunted, unable to believe her ears...Was that what he had meant? She'd been too busy being outraged to notice...Maybe she had missed something there...

"Anyways, why can't you let me go anywhere? I go where I WANT! Hmmph!"

She grumbled then started walking forwards, though her maids weren't so sure. There was serious intent in her eyes, as if she didn't notice everyone blocking her way at all.
Chen Si didn't seem too concerned by the woman strolling forward. He cast a couple of glances at the maids, and seemed to offer them a warning, though he said nothing to them. His hands slid behind his back, and his fingers played at the billhook that was strapped there. "My brother is a very sincere man, if not eloquent, Mistress Xia. And even if he were, he is not a man born of nobility. His position here forces him to pretend he is. Of course, that's not a burden I have to share."

He pulled the billhook from his back, and held it casually at his side. He wasn't threatening her with it directly, but it increased his wingspan enough to give her second thoughts about walking by. "Love makes the smartest of men into fools. My brother isn't all that smart to begin with. You do him a diservice to hold him at words, when he has tried very hard with actions to please you."

Chen Si peered over his shoulders at his guards, who looked at the ready, but he gave them no orders. "But again, your relationship is not my business. My concern is only for my brother. If I know anything, it is this. That the only thing that makes men less rational than love, is the notion of love lost. If you leave, I'm concerned he might do something rash. Like kill Chang Liu, whom I understand that he left to look after you. That would be a loss to the kingdom that we couldn't bear. And while I am a warrior in my own right, I am not my brother, and would be remiss to stand between his axe and it's target."

He tapped his billhook's blade on the ground for effect, and then went on. "If you have any care for my brother, and for the people he protects, then I ask only this. Stay the night here in Nanyang. Retire early. Pay your respects in the morning, and depart if you wish. Then you are free to forget the man had ever existed." He motioned to the cubs. "Take your kittens as a reminder of his feelings for you, and put him in your past if you like. He will send letters of course, and wonder why you never reply. And he will grow to be miserable over the lot of it. But the time it will give the rest of us will be a respite against the anger he may have if he returns and you are departed."
Chen Si, 18, Male
83, 101*, 34, 70, 33
Charge II, Maraud III, Qiangshu II, Smith III
+4 Billhook, +1 Speed Horse, Throwing Daggers, +3 Helm
100 Gold
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

She snarled, walking up to his face, and shrieked,

"I go...where I WANT!"

And then, standing in front of him, staring him in the eye, her hand slid to the hilt of her sword, as she snapped,

"Do you know where I want to be? Huh? HUH!?"

Grunting, she didn't let him answer, as she shrieked,

"Chen Wei's room, that's where!"

Suddenly, she didn't seem quite so furious, as her shoulders drooped a little and she crossed her arms, pouting sadly,

"He left all a-sudden! But I was so hungry I couldn't follow him. I want to talk to him...Now that I know this, it explains everything. And I feel terrible. But I don't know where his room is!"

Then, suddenly, she playfully grabbed his arm, and started yanking at it, to go back inside,

"I wanna talk to him! C'mon! Show me where it is...I'm getting kind of sleepy already, but I want to do this before bed! Let's go! GO! GO!"

A giggle emanated from the silly little princess, as she suddenly winked,

"Oh, and after, I wonder if you could give me a practice duel before I head to sleep? Unless your brother will do it? I sleep quietest when I'm tired...Please?"

And after that, she went back to trying to drag him back inside the palace, a bright grin on her face, as her maids, all collectively rolling their eyes...having had much practice doing it in unison and all, turned around to follow the pair with a sigh...
53-108*-34-81-78
Clown
New Recruit

Post by Clown »

"Oof!" was all the man could manage as he reached out to make sure that he had his billhook. The pole had nearly slipped from his fingers, but he quickly wrenched it from the air and placed it back to rest. "Hang on, will you? Jeeze. Listen, there's no need to be upset. Whatever happened, I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding."

Chen Si's mind raced with a few inappropriate innuendos for what the girl had said. Instead of coming out with them, he stopped when he saw Chang Liu instructing the palace musicians to pack up their instruments. "Oh! Ummm....no, you guys, follow us." He looked back to Xia. "I believe you are still needed?" He didn't wait for her to answer, but moved on. For his part, Chang Liu was rushing them after the pair. He had a relieved look on his face.

As they made their way, the younger brother couldn't help but be a little nosey. "If you don't mind my asking princess, what do you see in my brother?" It almost sounded like a challenge, as if the boy was being overly protective, and the woman might mean him ill.
Chen Si, 18, Male
83, 101*, 34, 70, 33
100 Gold
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu shrugged, giggling as she continued to half drag, half frog march the younger sibling,

"I dunno. I've never looked inside him. Why should I peer in his mouth? Does he have bad breath?"

Confused by the halls, she stopped, then asked,

"So, where is his room anyways?"
53-108*-34-81-78
Clown
New Recruit

Post by Clown »

Chen Si's first reaction was that she was dodging the question. His second reaction was that the girl didn't know what she wanted. He chose at this point to ignore the rest of her ramblings. Stopping before a door on the second floor of the palace, he motioned her to it. "There. I'd announce you, but what fun would that be. Besides. He left instructions for you to have the run of the palace. Not a big room though. May wanna post your maids by the door."

Turning, he posted the musicians just beyond the doorway. "Lord Chen will dismiss you in time. But I would be prepared to play." Then he turned back to the woman, and offered her a smile. "As for your practice duel, Mistress Xia, perhaps in the morning. I shall leave it to my brother to help you sleep quietly. Have a pleasant evening." Giving the maidens a smile, the man made his way back down the stairs. He wondered where they might be sleeping tonight.

((Feel free to post! I'll give Jack a call and let him know he has to post for you!))
Chen Si, 18, Male
83, 101*, 34, 70, 33
100 Gold
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

"Ooh. Here we are. Let's see...just a light tap then..."

She rapped on the door, beaming in anticipation and waited patiently outside. Run of the palace, huh? She wondered where her room might be to sleep in? But, Lord Chen's room mattered first. Liangyu did need to speak to him. After all, she had been a bit too angry earlier. It was just a silly slip of the tongue, probably trying to impress her with some figure of speech of something.

Too bad she never got those...

She knocked again. Wonder how he is. That was quite mean, what he did to that guard.

Liangyu fixed her clothes as she waited to see if he would come out...
53-108*-34-81-78
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

Charlemagne wrote:((At another time, unfortunately))

The old man approached the halls of Huyang with a determined gait. He looked over the guards posted there, and bowed. "I have come to see the young master, Chen Wei, by his request." The man held out a letter to the guards and allowed them to peruse it. "As you can see, he is expecting me."
The guards looked over the note, and then seemed satisfied by the markings. Ordering Li Ning to follow, they led him to a large audience chamber. Chen Wei was sitting on his dais with a bored expression. When the man was announced, Wei shot up and walked over to greet him.

Chen Wei: Lord Li, a pleasure. I was hoping you would come, I have heard some etraordinary things about you. Please, make yourself at home. Have you had time to think on my offer?
RuffRydeR wrote:"Ooh. Here we are. Let's see...just a light tap then..."

She rapped on the door, beaming in anticipation and waited patiently outside. Run of the palace, huh? She wondered where her room might be to sleep in? But, Lord Chen's room mattered first. Liangyu did need to speak to him. After all, she had been a bit too angry earlier. It was just a silly slip of the tongue, probably trying to impress her with some figure of speech of something.

Too bad she never got those...

She knocked again. Wonder how he is. That was quite mean, what he did to that guard.

Liangyu fixed her clothes as she waited to see if he would come out...
There was audible noise coming from the other side of the door, and it grew louder with the passing seconds, until Chen Wei's grumblin was right on top of the woman. As the door opened, the words became clearer.

Chen Wei: Si, I thought I told you...

Wei had caught himself as he looked up and saw Liangyu. Then, looking past her, he saw the maids. And then, past them, the musicians. He looked back to the woman, and bade her to enter.

Chen Wei: Oh...hey. I wasn't expecting you. Please...come in.

Allowing the princess to pass, he looked back out the doors. He gave the maidens a nod, and then blushed a bit when they stepped forward.

Chen Wei: Sorry ladies. I'm not good with public apologies. Give us just a minute, would you?

Before they could protest, Wei had closed the door, and the musicians looked at the maidens with a shrug.

((Moved...))
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

Duel Record: 16-0
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

Jack Flack wrote:The guards looked over the note, and then seemed satisfied by the markings. Ordering Li Ning to follow, they led him to a large audience chamber. Chen Wei was sitting on his dais with a bored expression. When the man was announced, Wei shot up and walked over to greet him.

Chen Wei: Lord Li, a pleasure. I was hoping you would come, I have heard some etraordinary things about you. Please, make yourself at home. Have you had time to think on my offer?
Li Ning stopped dead for a moment. He disliked being rushed, and he felt like that was the case in this instance. Tilting his head to the side, he stared at Chen Wei for a long moment. "Aren't you the young man who was consorting with Princess Xia, back in Zhaoge? Yes...I believe you are...the man who played the pipes, if I recall. Quite talented you are."

The old scholar looked about the room for a bit. "Remarkable girl, that one. Have you met her father?" It sounded like an accusation. Ning moved on. "You know I myself am from Nanyang. And so I was eager to visit. You seem to be doing well here. Tell me, how did you come to hear of me?"