Chen Wei's Audience Hall - Huyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Jack Flack wrote: Chen Wei: I'm neither a politician nor diplomat, Lady Xia. I'm not sure that a prolonged position here in Nanyang is what's best for the people. But I will do what I can while I'm able. Not to mention, all this responsibility keeps me from being able to pay you visits. It's encouraging to know that you would take the time to visit me.

Ordering a servant to fetch some fresh venison for the kittens, Wei looked back to his guest.

Chen Wei: Hungry?
"Ah, I was just repaying a kindness. After all, you did visit me once before...And don't worry about your position here. You'll learn pretty quick, I think! You'll find yourself good at this in no time at all!"

Then, she eyed the venison and nodded sharply,

"I think I would like a meal, though it'd be nicer to have it in a place where we could sit down and all..."
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

Wei smiled as he looked at the woman. Silently he wondered if she was as simple as she came off. No other woman in his experience had been. Of course, no other woman had ever thrust the hilt of a sword into his ribs either. Taking the woman's hand, Wei followed the path of petals through his hall.

Chen Wei: Naturally, Lady Xia. I've had my cooks busy since your arrival was announced. I hope that they meet your expectations. Nanyang isn't exactly the hub of society that Yin is, but we do what we can.

Pulling the door to the banquet hall open, the man swept his hand out and bowed to the woman. Inside, cushions were arranged, and the room was fully prepared for a meal. Familiar smells reached the pairs nostrils as servants were already setting out the entrees:

Wild boar slices stewed in coconut milk, bear paws boiled in lime juice, roast duck stuffed with peaches and an assortment of odd dumplings involving octopus and cuttlefish, with the ever present steamed chicken feet to boot!

Wei led Liangyu to one of the cushions, and then sat to her left. He looked the meal over with satisfaction at the cooks work. He looked to his guest and smiled sheepishly.

Chen Wei: I have a good memory.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

Duel Record: 16-0
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Jack Flack wrote: Wei led Liangyu to one of the cushions, and then sat to her left. He looked the meal over with satisfaction at the cooks work. He looked to his guest and smiled sheepishly.

"Ahah! I see...I thought for a moment I was back home all of a sudden. Was going to ask if we'd gotten lost."

Liangyu frowned, then looked around, before asking,

"I hope you had them cook some local fare too, huh? I was hoping to sample those delicacies on my visit..."

Then, she giggled, before sitting down,

"Either way, this is a good meal by itself, so it doesn't matter. C'mon, don't just stand there, let's eat!"

And while she spoke, a maid had gone to the table to set her plate. She secretely tasted the food, just to make sure it was amiable to Liangyu's tastes and had been cooked right, then satisfied, set a good portion in front of her mistress, and produced a pair of elegant chopsticks, clean and sturdy and laid it out for her too. Then, pulling out the chair, she bowed as Liangyu hurried the master of the house over, and hungrily sat in her own chair...
53-108*-34-81-78
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

RuffRydeR wrote:
Jack Flack wrote: Wei led Liangyu to one of the cushions, and then sat to her left. He looked the meal over with satisfaction at the cooks work. He looked to his guest and smiled sheepishly.

"Ahah! I see...I thought for a moment I was back home all of a sudden. Was going to ask if we'd gotten lost."

Liangyu frowned, then looked around, before asking,

"I hope you had them cook some local fare too, huh? I was hoping to sample those delicacies on my visit..."

Then, she giggled, before sitting down,

"Either way, this is a good meal by itself, so it doesn't matter. C'mon, don't just stand there, let's eat!"

And while she spoke, a maid had gone to the table to set her plate. She secretely tasted the food, just to make sure it was amiable to Liangyu's tastes and had been cooked right, then satisfied, set a good portion in front of her mistress, and produced a pair of elegant chopsticks, clean and sturdy and laid it out for her too. Then, pulling out the chair, she bowed as Liangyu hurried the master of the house over, and hungrily sat in her own chair...
Joining the woman at the table, the man smiled. He was still amused by the woman's energy and vivaciousness. Perhaps the stress of running a kingdom was starting to wear on him. He was barely into his third decade, but he wasn't near as spritey as the girl who joined him. He watched the maid carefully, but didn't think she was likely to poison his food. He sat opposite Liangyu and ordered a servant to have some of the regular cuisine prepared.

Chen Wei: The local fare here in Nanyang will probably be to your liking. It's extremely saucy and spicy. Well suited to your personality, I think.

Chuckling, Wei gave the young woman a wink. He sipped at his wine lightly, and then went on.

Chen Wei: The people of the region are extremely sturdy. They prefer stews to more conventional dishes, and most everything they dine on is built to provide them the strength that they need to endure the long days of hard work. I would make leisure time mandatory for them, except I don't think they would even know how to spend it.

As more food was brought out, the aromas around the table shifted from what Liangyu was accustomed to, and the air became heavy with the smell of chili spiced sauces and dan dan noodles.

Chen Wei: How is your father? I really should endeavor to meet the man. After all, he is personally responsible for some of my favorite things.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Jack Flack wrote: As more food was brought out, the aromas around the table shifted from what Liangyu was accustomed to, and the air became heavy with the smell of chili spiced sauces and dan dan noodles.

Chen Wei: How is your father? I really should endeavor to meet the man. After all, he is personally responsible for some of my favorite things.
"Really? They sound...rather...dull. But I like their food! It's tangy...How does it suit my personality though?"

Liangyu kept eating however, not pausing to mull over the meaning of such a jibe. Though, she noticed that soon, she couldn't really taste much. And her tongue hurt. This caused her to consume a rather high amount of water. But she took it in stride. After all, a little discomfort came with every new cuisine.

But she did perk up when it was noted that her father was responsible for some of Chen Wei's favourite things...She asked,

"Umm, what do you mean? I never knew his influence extended as far as Nanyang..."
53-108*-34-81-78
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

RuffRydeR wrote:"Really? They sound...rather...dull. But I like their food! It's tangy...How does it suit my personality though?"

Liangyu kept eating however, not pausing to mull over the meaning of such a jibe. Though, she noticed that soon, she couldn't really taste much. And her tongue hurt. This caused her to consume a rather high amount of water. But she took it in stride. After all, a little discomfort came with every new cuisine.

But she did perk up when it was noted that her father was responsible for some of Chen Wei's favourite things...She asked,

"Umm, what do you mean? I never knew his influence extended as far as Nanyang..."
Chen Wei: His influence does not yet extend this far, no. Though I have no doubt that he is plenty capable enough to make it so. I was referring to his daughter. Without father, there is no daughter. Without the daughter, this man's world is a darker place.

The man blushed a little as he spoke, but quickly choked the color out of his system with a gulp of wine. He nodded somewhat at the local fare, as he too sampled it.

Chen Wei: Oh, I don't know. Much like you, Liangyu, the food here can be difficult. Hard to handle, unless you are strong enough. Obstinate. Spicy. Hot. And no doubt capable of keeping a man warm on a cold winter's night.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Jack Flack wrote: Chen Wei: ...Though I have no doubt that he is plenty capable enough to make it so. I was referring to his daughter...
The implications were not lost on Liangyu. A headstrong woman in a masculine world, trying to carve out her own future would pick up on it in a second. Sliding back a little, she stared at him, then in a surprising snarl, she snapped, cutting off the rest of his explanation...

"I am not a thing! Oh, the nerve! Oh...oh!"

Having broken the threads of her vocabulary along with her temper snapping, Liangyu could manage but a bit of incoherent choler. And with a furious flush on her rosy cheeks, she hopped up, and crossing her arms over her chest, she gave him a flat, scolding stare. Alas the flattering words were lost on the outraged beauty...
53-108*-34-81-78
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

The Lord of Nanyang looked up at the woman as she stood. He watched her for a long moment, without saying anything. He let her say her piece without interruption. The guards looked concerned, and one stepped forward with his hand on the hilt of his sword. A second later, he recoiled, and looked in shock at the blood on his sleeve where Wei had buried his dinner knife. Two more men quickly moved to remove the injured man, and none of the other guards dared to look at their master.

Without pausing, Chen Wei turned back to his guest. Wiping off his hands, and the corner of his mouth, he stood up and confronted Liangyu.

Chen Wei: I think My Lady does protest too much. We are simple men here, far from Imperial Courts or nannies who educate us in the proper use of pronouns. We are also prone to speak vaguely at times, as we are under the assumption that it adds to our charm. Perhaps we were wrong.

Turning away, the man instructed his valet to fetch his axe and his riding boots. He also sent a messenger to Chen Si informing his younger brother that he would be unavailable the rest of the evening. After he had stopped to drain his wine, he looked back to the young woman.

Chen Wei: You are quite visibly upset. And you have no idea how disappointed I am that I was the cause of your anger. Please, eat, rest, and stay as long as you like. You are my guests, and you are welcome here as long as you wish. The servants are at your disposal, and anything you need, including tours of the building or city will be arranged.

The man looked towards Chang Liu and made sure the minister had heard him. After the older man bowed, Chen Wei gave the woman a faint smile, and made his way towards the door.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60

RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu caught her breath, then sat back down to finish the rest of her meal with a quiet nod. Maybe she had protested a bit much. Whatever. Just a good night's sleep would be nice. Home on the morrow too...She wasn't sure how she felt about the whole trip...but it was an okay visit, she thought. It didn't have the fun she felt last time though. No dancing or dueling...Ah well, maybe lordship had changed Master Chen ever so slightly...

Having finished, she nodded to a maid,

"Time for bed then. A good sleep would be nice...but...I guess I better head home. Wouldn't want to impose. I think I impose enough already..."

Frowning, he suddenly got up out of her chair again, then told a maid to fetch her driver. She'd sleep on the way home. Time to leave Nanyang. Collecting her precious kittens, she heads down the blossom filled hallway and out to her ride back to Yin...
53-108*-34-81-78
Clown
New Recruit

Post by Clown »

RuffRydeR wrote:Liangyu caught her breath, then sat back down to finish the rest of her meal with a quiet nod. Maybe she had protested a bit much. Whatever. Just a good night's sleep would be nice. Home on the morrow too...She wasn't sure how she felt about the whole trip...but it was an okay visit, she thought. It didn't have the fun she felt last time though. No dancing or dueling...Ah well, maybe lordship had changed Master Chen ever so slightly...

Having finished, she nodded to a maid,

"Time for bed then. A good sleep would be nice...but...I guess I better head home. Wouldn't want to impose. I think I impose enough already..."

Frowning, he suddenly got up out of her chair again, then told a maid to fetch her driver. She'd sleep on the way home. Time to leave Nanyang. Collecting her precious kittens, she heads down the blossom filled hallway and out to her ride back to Yin...
The crunch of teeth against apple could be heard audibly as the lady's entourage made it's way back down the halls of Huyang Palace. As they came again to the entrance, a man stood there, leaning against the archway. "Going somewhere, Princess?" As he kicked himself off the wall and into the lady's path, he tossed the apple core into the street on the other side of the gate.

Chen Si was not as handsome or smart as his brother was, but he did seem to command as much respect. He wasn't his brother's equal yet, but as Commander of the Nanyang Armies, he was nonetheless feared among the troops. "You see, I'm afraid I can't let you do that." He said it in a nonthreatening tone, which was all the more unnerving, the guards behind him thought. "You see, the big ape may just be in love with you. And while that in itself is none of my business, and while it's quite possible that you may not share those feelings, your leaving in this manner is my business."

The guard presence behind him was visible. Probably two men to every maiden of Xia Liangyu's. Admittedly, they looked unsure of what Chen Si was doing, but they followed his orders for now.
Chen Si, 18, Male
83, 101*, 34, 70, 33
Charge II, Maraud III, Qiangshu II, Smith III
+4 Billhook, +1 Speed Horse, Throwing Daggers, +3 Helm
100 Gold