Chen Wei's Audience Hall - Huyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Chen Wei's Audience Hall - Huyang

Post by ann »

The hallowed halls of Huyang were generally quiet in the wake of the ouster of the former magistrate Li Taishi. The understaffed palace made the halls barren, save for the proper tapestries and markings of a Qin estate.

The new ruler, Chen Wei had done little to make the place more extravagant than it needed to be, and in fact, the only improvements at all were in the area of the training grounds. While there was only a small contingent of guards on duty, they were capable men. Wei was normally found on the training grounds, either attempting to better himself or to drill his small army.

Chang Liu, his trusted minister handled most audiences, lest Chen Wei was needed directly. The warrior governor had little need to disarm his visitors, and the guards were relatively lax about searching his guests.
sima cabe
Officer

Post by sima cabe »

Liu Tzu walked in bodly, he let the gaurds inspect him having no weapons he had nothing to fear, So he preceded in looking for Chen Wei.
Liu Tzu
(89) 48-54-64-74-90

Military Administrator I, Doctor I, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Politician II, Engineer II, Instructer I, Rally I

stereotypes annoy me, they all are fat.
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

Chang Liu had been given explicit instructions by Chen Wei to be awaiting the arrival of Liu Tzu, and when the man arrived, the chief minister of Huyang greeted him with a bow.

Chang Liu: Welcome sir. The District Manager has been expecting you. Please, follow me.

Leading the visitor to the training grounds, the minister was polite, but didn't ask any questions. When they arrived, Chen Wei was busy sparring with his guards, and Chang Liu was quick to alert him to the presence of a guest. Finishing what he was doing, the man made his way over to Liu Tzu. Smiling, he offered his hand.

Chen Wei: Greetings, magistrate. It is good to see you well. Tell me, how are things in your town? Well, I hope.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

Duel Record: 16-0
sima cabe
Officer

Post by sima cabe »

Liu Tzu shook the hand.
"Never better, I'm doing great. I see you've been able to get this city you were aiming for. I hope everything is going fine here."
Liu Tzu
(89) 48-54-64-74-90

Military Administrator I, Doctor I, Civil Administrator II, Diplomat III, Politician II, Engineer II, Instructer I, Rally I

Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

Grabbing a towel from a servant, Chen Wei wiped his face clear of sweat. Relinquishing his axe to a servent who followed nearby, the man guided Liu Tzu back into the hall.

Chen Wei: So far, so good. The citizens of Huyang were very cooperative in my rise to power, and I found a few capable men along the way to help me. It looks like the matter of Nanyang shall be settled quickly.

The man finally reached his audience chamber and instructed his servants to bring refreshments for his guest. When the servants had brought wine for both men, Chen Wei sat on some cushions and invited his guest to do the same.

Chen Wei: I take it that you are here to insure the safety of your town and village. As I had told you in our correspondence, I have no desire to force you out of the region.
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

sima cabe
Officer

Post by sima cabe »

Liu Smiled.
"Yes, I was hoping we could make a finale agreement between the two of us."
He took a sip of wine.
"I undrstand that you are looking for more talet. there is a man by the Name of Xi. living here,"
He shrugged his shoulders.
"I failed to recruit him, but who knows maybe he's more interested in Being a vassal."
Liu Tzu
(89) 48-54-64-74-90

Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

The warrior shrugged his large shoulders, and gave something of an embarrassed smile. He regarded the old man casually, and just shook his head.

Chen Wei: I'm not a very charismatic man, Master Liu. I don't expect people to flock to me like some of the more prominent rulers. Perhaps I will find time to invite him as I have you, though.

Sipping his own wine, the younger man sighed heavily, somewhat disappointed in himself for not working harder to put the affairs of the city in order. But it had been a hectic month, and he was deserving of a break.

Chen Wei: What other news, sir? Have you had a chance to interact with any of the other local lords?
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60

sima cabe
Officer

Post by sima cabe »

No, I havn't met anybody recently really."
He took a slow drink.
"Who do you have serving you?"
Liu Tzu
(89) 48-54-64-74-90

Clown
New Recruit

Post by Clown »

Riding up to the palace, the young man jumped off his horse and sneered at the guards. "I am here to see my brother, Wei. Tell him that Chen Si has arrived to aid him in his endeavors of rooting out the traitor Li Taishi."

He waited for the guards to show him in, eager to see his brother, who he hadn't seen in years.
Chen Si, 18, Male
83, 101*, 34, 70, 33
Charge II, Maraud III, Qiangshu II, Smith III
+4 Billhook, +1 Speed Horse, Throwing Daggers, +3 Helm
100 Gold
Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

Sima Cabe

The warrior smiled and shook his head.

Chen Wei: Nobody at the moment. I am expecting my younger brother shortly. But other than that, I have made few friends. Some co-conspirators in the capture of the city have remained, such as Chang Liu, who you met at the gate.

He seemed to regret not having more followers, but there was nothing to be done for that. He simply smiled and returned the question.

Chen Wei: And yourself? How is your force comprised?

Clown

The guards nodded and moved out of the man's way. Chang Liu met him and led him to the training grounds where his brother was waiting. Upon seeing the younger boy, the man stopped his training and hurried over.

Chen Wei: Si! By the heavens! How are you!?

After a short embrace, Wei led his brother inside.

Chen Wei: Are you here to stay? How is mother?
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60