Chen Wei's Audience Hall - Huyang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Jack Flack
Sergeant

Post by Jack Flack »

((Apologies. Holidays kinda kicked my ass.))

The warrior prefect smiled and nodded. Silently, he pondered his own situation. The recent appearance of his uncle, the turmoil over the Lady Xia's recent arrival, and other concerns that likely made his absence from Nanyang all but impossible.

Chen Wei: I understand completely. Unfortunately, I do not have ministers as capable as yourself, or I might take the Marquis up on that offer. I do hope that he finds time to visit however, as I had hoped to discuss the matter of the new barbarians in Linjiang with him. Him and I share that danger as we both border the newcomers, and his insight might help me decide how to deal with my new neighbors.

Motioning for some refreshemt to be brough to the visitor, Wei sipped at his own glass, and then folded his hands under his chin. He thought if there was anything more he could discuss with the minister, but didn't see anything of much import.

Chen Wei: Is there anything further that I can do for the Marquis? Some token I might give him to demonstrate our friendship here in Huyang?
Chen Wei, 20, Male
61, 110*, 47, 95*, 60
Instructor I, Intimidate II, Qiangshu III, Challenge II, Yueshu III, Smith I, Trainer I
Axe (+8 Might), Billhook (+1 Might), Helm (+4 Might), Horse (+3 Speed, +2 Attack), Crossbow, Fa Tie's Man Breast Plate (+4 Might), Li Ning's Treatise on Good Table Manners (+8 Judgement), Li Ning's Treatise on Priorities (+7 Judgement)

Duel Record: 16-0
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Sha Zukang pondered for a moment the words of Chen Wei. How to deal with the southern barbarians? It is fortunate that Sha himself was here to address this issue since it was he who led Changsha's diplomatic expedition to Linjiang.

"Prefect Chen," said Sha, "the flow of trade goes a long way into uniting people and maintaining good relations. The barbarians of Linjiang are no exception to this rule. In fact, a few months ago I led a diplomatic convoy to Linjiang to establish relations between them and Changsha. Although I did not find it appropriate at the time to establish anything more than a trade agreement with them, I believe the groundwork for good relations have been established. The Marquis would agree with me that if we give them the benefit of the doubt and welcome them with open arms into our Chinese community; they would reciprocate in kind."

As the refreshments arrived, Sha likewise partook of the drink. He took a few sips before continuing, "The best thing that you can do for the Marquis is to strengthen the relationships between your kingdom and those of your southern and western neighbors. Send envoys to Bai Zhan, Li Peng, and Wei Quan. Gather whatever allies you can, for the battle for Nanyang might be the first battle in our great fight for survival. Our enemies to the east are formidable and united, and unless the rest of us can stand comfortably together; we will fall. The Marquis has done all he could to build a network of kingdoms that would resist the aggression of Chu and Jun. The South must be united in purpose; only then can THEY can be defeated."
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Charlemagne
Marquis
Location: Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Ricky!

Post by Charlemagne »

It was a hot July day when the old man returned to Yuan, sporting his brightly colored Bermuda shorts and flowery Hawaiin shirt. The vacation from public life had done him good, and he felt young and alive. As he greeted the guards he held out a package wrapped tightly in a leather binding. "Your master is expecting this. I have no time to dally, however. Please see it delivered to him as soon as possible."

The man didn't linger, but turned on his heel and made his way back to his little cottage. He had decided to do some fishing that afternoon, and wished to waste no part of his day.

Chen Wei receives "Li Ning's Treaties on Priorities" (Judge +7)