Jin Kai's Audience Hall - Xiangguo

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Castilho
Ensign

Post by Castilho »

Zhuge Jia enters, bows to Jin Kai and, without saying a word, he seats. "Lord Jin Kai, I came quickly as your letter was more intriguing. Would you mind explaning to me your current situation? Is there a war in sight?"

(OOC: I'm sorry, I'm reaaaally busy right now so I made is pretty short.)
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

(OOC:Don't worry about it. Any reply is a good one.)

Jin Kai seemed most excitable at his guest's mere presence. "There is no war in Changshan at the moment, but wars between all states that border us means that our current peace will not last. Wei fights Dai in the west and Yin fights Yan over Jibei in the east. I am building an army to meet this new challenge, but it is slow going, and I have desperate need of military men to make it into a real force."

It was at this point that Jin Dun returned bearing a tray with a teapot and two cups on it. He served Zhuge Jia and his father, then left wordlessly. Jin Kai took a sip of his tea before continuing.

"The Lord Prefect does nothing but visit his brothels and sign the documents that I can get under his nose. For that reason, it has fallen on me to make this state ready for what is to come. I have been sending letters to men and women of fame and skill for months, and few responded at all, none visited in person."
Jin Sui (23)

"Jin Kai have already gain the thrust of the population in Changshan!!!"
Castilho
Ensign

Post by Castilho »

Zhuge Jia calmly analyzes the situation. He takes a sip of his tea, then another sip, immediately after his second sip he states: "Lord Jin Kai, I am a man of war, I don't care for ranks or money, the glory of the battlefield is enough for me. Your situation interests me, but I cannot pledge my loyalty to Xiong Xushou, I cannot have a doll for a leader."

Zhuge Jia takes another sip before continuing: "So I will pledge my loyalty only to the man that could request for my help being humble, yet sure. Someone that could forget his pride in order to better serve his people. And such man I would say it's you Lord Jin Kai."

Jia takes yet another sip: "But before doing so, I must know one thing...I cannot leave my army, I do not care for a salary or bonus money. These man have to be added to the forces, 3.600 elite soldiers each one has a horse of their own, officially recruiting all of them would cost 900 gold. I will only join if all of them come with me. I do not want to impose you, as I do not know of the city's financial situation, but please understand that I, as a General cannot leave my trusted soldiers."

Zhuge Jia then gets a little tense, while waiting for Jin Kai's response.
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

Jin Kai nodded. "Of course your men are welcome. I had actually heard a number slightly higher for their strength, at 3700, and had prepared for that. Our coffers can more than cover their assimilation. Despite his failings as a true leader, the Lord Prefect is a master of money. I believe that it would be best if he stepped aside and allowed someone else to take the reigns of government and he stayed as he is now, for all intents and purposes, a city finance minister. There are those that talked about me doing this when, a few months ago, Master Xiong suddenly went missing, only to be found later, neglecting his duties in favor of a woman at a brothel. At that time I was newly hired by Master Xiong, and the people would have thought ill of me displacing him. I believe now would be a more proper time."
Jin Sui (23)

Castilho
Ensign

Post by Castilho »

"I see, if that's all I now formaly pledge my loyalty to Lord Jin Kai, and shall aid you with all my power from now on. If there's nothing else urgent at this time I would like to tell the news to my men, if there's no problem with that."
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

"Of course, of course," Jin Kai said with a big grin. "Just make your mark on the officer roll to make things official."

(OOC:Yay, a PC joined me! Post your Officer information here, and Planning Hall access will be forthcoming.
Jin Sui (23)

Duke Williams
Marquis

Post by Duke Williams »

As the day had died off and night was soon approaching two travelers entered the city. One was a rather large man and his companion was that of a child, barely nearing adulthood. The streets were silent as they walked, with many people emptying out as they headed home for the day. Soon they were nearly alone.

The elder of the pair looked in to the distance for sometime, not saying a word. Than, slowly, he parted his lips and spoke. "Indeed, you were right young master. It is just as you had perdicted." A victorious Gu Xu beamed a grin back at Jiu Zang. The elder sighed. "Well... I suppose we still have sometime left to congratulate the new Lord and Master of these lands. Come now, young master. I don't wish for you to get ill because we waited in the dark for so long." With that the pair was off once more.

Passing through the streets they soon made it to their destination. Jiu Zang lead the young Gu Xu forward as they approached the guard. Bowing humbly Jiu Zang began to speak softly. "Greetings. The hour is late but we request, if the Lord is still awake, that we may hold an audience with him. You may search us but we assure you that we mean no ill will to the new Lord."
Gu Xi (15)
Stats: 79-18-85-74-65
Skills: Civil Administrator II, Confuse III, Diplomat I, Envelop I, Military Administrator II, Politician I
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

There were two guards who both returned the bow. The senior of the two stepped forward. "We do not search those who come to speak with the Lord Prefect, unless they present themselves as a possible threat. May I have your name, sir? I must have a name to present you to Lord Prefect Jin."
Jin Sui (23)

Duke Williams
Marquis

Post by Duke Williams »

Jiu Zang shrugged. Such odd behavior these guards exhibited. "Me?" He responded, "I'm Jiu Zang and my ward here? He's Gu Xi."
Gu Xi (15)
Stats: 79-18-85-74-65
Skills: Civil Administrator II, Confuse III, Diplomat I, Envelop I, Military Administrator II, Politician I
Big Grizzy
Captain

Post by Big Grizzy »

The grizzled guard nodded. "Very well, Master Jiu." The elder guard turned to the younger and barked an order. "Lieutenant Jin, take these men to your father."

The young, well-built junior guard saluted. "Yes sir, Captain Quan." Then to the guests, "if you would follow me." He led them across the courtyard to a large pair of doors. Instead of turning left to the hall that was the administration wing. These doors were opened by the guards on duty at a nod from the Lieutenant. The Lieutenant took five steps inside the doors, bowed and addressed the floor. "Master Jiu Zang, and his charge Master Gu Xi have come to speak with you, Father."

Jin Kai sat on the seat of the prefect in the audience hall. He was speaking to Wu Bei and Zhang Mai when the group entered. "Welcome," he said jovially at the introduction. "What can I do for you?"
Jin Sui (23)