Lao Yongrui's Audience Hall - Qufu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Soon after he heard word of the occupation of Qufu by Yongrui, Xia Xi decided it had been too long since he had visited his young friend. He rode across the short distance between the two in a carriage with a driver, an attendant, and a small guard of 20 men. Upon arrival at the city, he left 12 of his men to camp outside of the city, and after informing the gate guards, proceeded toward the town center. There, he emerged from the carriage with his attendant. The attendant came forward and bowed to the servants at the gate. "Greetings, officers of Governor Lao. My master, Prefect Xia of Zhaoge, has come from Yin to speak with the Governor Lao. We are not expected, but expect that the Governor will be happy to see us." Xia Xi looked fairly bored during the proceeding, and his hair and robes both looked disheveled from the ride, as if he had not thought to fix them.
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu had made her own plans to see her beloved godbrother again, for when she'd last met him, she'd found that he was in a fair bit of trouble with the Tians. Not that such trouble had abated, but with a city under his guardianship, he was much better equipped now, a noble in his own right, with a fair bit of land under his rule...

And it amused her to find that her Father had gone on the road as well...

Her entourage passing her Father's camp, she urged them on, but she found them still a bit slow. Taking to the saddle, she had ridden ahead with a few maids on her pony, with orders for the group in the carriage to catch up...

She found her father just on the steps, and giggled, hailing him. Hopping off, she left her pony in a maid's care as she, wiping a little sweat from her brow, walked up to his side,

"Father! Come to visit brother Lao as well? I tol you you should've come last time... I wonder how much has changed here in the homeland."

Chuckling, she waited to see what her father's attendant was told, standing comfortably at her Father's side.
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

Xiang Zhuang wrote:Soon after he heard word of the occupation of Qufu by Yongrui, Xia Xi decided it had been too long since he had visited his young friend. He rode across the short distance between the two in a carriage with a driver, an attendant, and a small guard of 20 men. Upon arrival at the city, he left 12 of his men to camp outside of the city, and after informing the gate guards, proceeded toward the town center. There, he emerged from the carriage with his attendant. The attendant came forward and bowed to the servants at the gate. "Greetings, officers of Governor Lao. My master, Prefect Xia of Zhaoge, has come from Yin to speak with the Governor Lao. We are not expected, but expect that the Governor will be happy to see us." Xia Xi looked fairly bored during the proceeding, and his hair and robes both looked disheveled from the ride, as if he had not thought to fix them.
The guards were already informed of a list of people who should be admitted at all times, and Xia Xi was one of them. "We shall arrange for you to see Master Lao right away."

(Ruff, I'm assuming you showed up at the gates or were already there with Xia Xi).

With that, Xia Xi, his daughter, and their men were allowed through the gates of the palace. Inside, Lao Yongrui looked quite flustered as he set about ordering a trio of three men about the city. When he spotted his family, he handed his papers to his minister Jen Dun, and rushed over to them. "Father Xia, sister, it is good to see you. I hope your travels went well... What brings you here, then? Word of my acquisition of the city?" As he spoke he ushered them into one of his private rooms, where a meal would be served.
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Charge II, Envelop II, Military Admin I, Scout II, Smith I, Wall II
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu didn't say much, merely giggled, and then, noted,

"You look well, Brother Lao..."

Then, obviously overcome and quite proud, she hugged him tightly, before letting him and her father talk as they were lead to the room, eagerly watching. She knew she was expected to let them go about their business man to man, before she could go about wishing Yongrui well in her own way...
53-108*-34-81-78
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

RuffRydeR wrote:Liangyu didn't say much, merely giggled, and then, noted,

"You look well, Brother Lao..."

Then, obviously overcome and quite proud, she hugged him tightly, before letting him and her father talk as they were lead to the room, eagerly watching. She knew she was expected to let them go about their business man to man, before she could go about wishing Yongrui well in her own way...
Yongrui was surprised by her embrace, but he returned it in full. It had been some time since he had some quality time with his family, and it made him think about how blessed he was to know such good people. When he finally was at arms length with her, he said, "You look well also, Sister Liangyu. How are things in Yin?" As he spoke, he ushered them into their seats, and tea was soon served.
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Liangyu excitedly answered, having been spoken to,

"Well...I got into my first battle since we last met! It was...Well, I don't know how to describe it. It was thrillling, but it was also hard. It was so many things, you know. But since then, Yin's been quiet, and nice and..."

She frowned, pasuing. That wasn't really much of a description. Sighing, she noted,

"To be honest, I think Father could give you details better than I can. I don't really keep track of the details of how Yin Province is faring, except as to what I can see for myself. But personally, it seems quite fine to me..."

Then, she asked a mirror image of such a question,

"And Brother Lao, how is beloved Qi? Better than my last visit, I hope?"
53-108*-34-81-78
Lao Kong
Not a ruler!

Post by Lao Kong »

RuffRydeR wrote:Liangyu excitedly answered, having been spoken to,

"Well...I got into my first battle since we last met! It was...Well, I don't know how to describe it. It was thrillling, but it was also hard. It was so many things, you know. But since then, Yin's been quiet, and nice and..."

She frowned, pasuing. That wasn't really much of a description. Sighing, she noted,

"To be honest, I think Father could give you details better than I can. I don't really keep track of the details of how Yin Province is faring, except as to what I can see for myself. But personally, it seems quite fine to me..."

Then, she asked a mirror image of such a question,

"And Brother Lao, how is beloved Qi? Better than my last visit, I hope?"
After pondering her question for a moment, Yongrui took a sip of his tea, and then spoke. "Qi is complicated, Liangyu. I no longer believe Tian Dan wishes ill against me, and the misunderstanding against our armies a few months ago will hopefully be resolved when I visit Chenggao. As for myself, however, I sit in a much better position than I did before. The army of this city has pledged themselves to me, and their numbers are alone twice the size of the army I brought from Shantian." He noticed his godfather had been quiet this whole time. He turned his attention to Xia Xi after addressing Liangyu. "Father, what do you think of the city?"
Lao Yongrui, Age 20 Male
93-80*78-53-22
Xiang Zhuang
Marquis

Post by Xiang Zhuang »

Xia Xi had been content up to now to go with the flow, although he gave his godson a warm smile when he saw him. Well, he tried to give him a warm smile. It wound up looking more like he was struggling with a gas attack. He let out a small laugh at his daughter's description of Yin, figuring she wouldn't have noticed of what was going on that wasn't beyond the reach of one of her chakrams.

When he was addressed, he looked a bit embarrassed. "Honestly, Yongrui, I didn't really pay much attention to the city. I rode in a carriage the entire time, and it doesn't afford for much of a view." Inwardly, he questioned the appeal of seeing a bunch of peasants, but perhaps there was some interesting architecture about.

He shook the thought from his head. "Yes, the King of Qi. You probably remember my stories about how my family and his didn't get along for quite some time. If it weren't for political expediency, I doubt the Xia's would have supported the Tian's in their resurgence here. But what's done is done. My opinion on the matter is probably clear enough, considering I no longer reside in Qi and have made no pretense of loyalty to them since I've come to power in Yin." He chuckled a bit. "But really, look at you! Good job, seriously. Holding onto a Qi city is tricky, mainly because of the King of Qi. Your family must be very proud. I certainly am."
Fáng Ai (防哀) hao Aishī (皚獅, White Lion), Duke of Yan (Yan Gong)
101*.87*.44.78.39
Dash I, Gongshu II, Jianshu II, Smith II, Trainer II, Wall II

Sim Turn Length Analysis - Last Updated 4.06
King Tao
Major

Post by King Tao »

Shortly after the fall of Ji, Kung Xian was convinced by his troops to go visit his nephew. So he, Ying Kan, and Jie Hai gathered some supplies and headed off towards Qufu. Upon arriving at its gates Kung Xian yelled out, "Kung Xian of Yan wishes to speak with your lord."
Kung Fang 78-71-35-68-28 Charge 2, Cover 2, Encourage 1, Raid 1, Support 2, Volley 1, Wall 1

BaiHu
Kung Xian

[02:36] <TGC> I never thought I'd ever say that but, thanks, KT.