Chen Yun's Audience Hall - Gaomi

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Numinous wrote:Bing Xiao nodded carefully and remarked quietly,"Perhaps such an ambitious man could be turned into an ally of yours rather than an enemy in the future, if you can discover his motives more clearly... but this is a task moreso for your kingdom's ministers to solve rather than my humble self."

Bowing to his host, the envoy's business seemed concluded for now with that subject. "With that in mind, I will waste no more of your precious planning time, Duke Chen. If there is no further issues, I shall take my leave back to my homelands across the southern coasts. Although, the offer of the Marquess still stands -- should Xiang Kai become your enemy, know that you have allies on your side in the river lands ready to aid your plight. Barring that event, the Lady Zhi would still most appreciate your visit in the future to discuss current affairs, and your officers are always welcome in Wu."
As Lady Bing Xiao prepared to depart, he was politely accosted by an attendant, who passed him a scroll containing a letter intended for the Marchioness.

PM Incoming
Numinous
Lieutenant

Post by Numinous »

Cao Chao wrote:As Bing Xiao prepared to depart, he was politely accosted by an attendant, who passed him a scroll containing a letter intended for the Marchioness.

PM Incoming
The young scholar was surprised but a moment, and he accepted the letter with a courteous nod to indicate it would surely find its way to the intended recipient.
Yu Cheng (22) 90*-32-42-93*-36
Aid II, Civil Administrator III, Cover I, Dash II, Military Administrator II, Politician I
Du Rong
Ensign

Post by Du Rong »

A lone man made his way through Jiaodong, to Gaomi. He had come to hear of the struggles of Jiaodong and wanted to see what he could do to aid his home province. Having reached the main gates, the man looked out for the guards so that he may possible receive an audience with their leader.

"Excuse me. I am here to speak with your master. Chen Yun, I believe him to be called. I wish to speak with him of my ability to possibly aid him in his time of need. Could you, by chance, let me speak with someone on this matter?"
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

(Crap, tried replying before, but my comp did that auto update restart when I went to do dishes.)

The guards looked the man over, and seeing that he was no physical threat, nonetheless had to follow policy. "We'll need to do a quick search to make sure you aren't hiding some cleverly hidden weapon, but after that, you will be taken to see the Duke. Is that all right with you?"
Magistrate of Qufu, Zetie Pi, Com: 46, Mgt: 19, Int: 84, Jud: 97*, Cha: 52, Civil Adimistrator III, Doctor I, Engineer II, Jeer I, Politician I, Public Planner II
Du Rong
Ensign

Post by Du Rong »

"I expected as much. I bear no ill will towards your master, but I understand the apprehensiveness of meeting with strangers. I will, therefor, allow the search so that I may speak with Master Chen."
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

The guards conduct the search, then proceed to guide the man to the Audience hall. There, upon his seat, sat Chen Yun. "Welcome, I am Chen Yun, Duke of Jiaodong. To what do I owe this visit?"
Magistrate of Qufu, Zetie Pi, Com: 46, Mgt: 19, Int: 84, Jud: 97*, Cha: 52, Civil Adimistrator III, Doctor I, Engineer II, Jeer I, Politician I, Public Planner II
Du Rong
Ensign

Post by Du Rong »

Long looked the duke over as he spoke. Then bowing respectfully, he gathered himself, in order to make the best of their meeting.

"Master Chen, I am Huang Ji Long. I have lived in Jiaodong all of my 47 years. I have heard of the scouts who search for noteworthy people, but I have kept to myself till now. I see that there will be no swift end to the chaos that has beset the middle kingdom. So now I want to lend my aid to you so that you can possibly bring peace to the land."
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

"I am grateful you have decided to come forward to help your home in this time of chaos. I am sure you have seen the improvements my predecessor and I have made to the province, and so I must ask, what can you do to help continue our policy of improvement? This will help me place you in my administration."

(You can post your OI info at anytime, I just want to keep on RPing for a bit, got the next 4 nights off)
Du Rong
Ensign

Post by Du Rong »

"I am relieved that you have placed trust in me so soon. I will gladly accept a place under your rule. As for how I could aid you, I have been studying the ways of governing, and diplomacy for most all my life. It has become almost like a hobby for me, to learn how to better administer the populace. I must admit that I have never been able to put my knowledge to use though. I would very much like to try my hand at it seeing as I have studied for so long. Maybe too long as I am slightly past my prime and faced with my waning years now. Tell me, Master Chen, would you have any need of such abilities as mine, however untested they may be?"
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

"It seems we indeed have a use for you. most of my initial comrades were able officers of combat and leadership on the field of battle, as were most other recruits. We have found few able administrators of the public."