Chen Yun's Audience Hall - Gaomi

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

antlan87 wrote:"The Brotherhood? I once met their founder on a trip to visit my home province of Yong, but I hear he had died, so even such a loose connection such as that no longer exists between us. I'm not even sure what the Brotherhood stands for, as their 'Brother Lao' was somewhat enigmatic about it when I asked. It is hard to trust someone who was so evasive and if the Brotherhood takes after it's founder, then such a relationship could prove my undoing." Honestly replies Chen Yun.
"I see . . ." replied Hua Jianying, nodding his head in response. "It is wise that you, Lord, are wary of the Brotherhood . . . While they speak words of friendship from their honeyed tongues, their hearts have long been blackened by ambition and greed. That such darkness exists within their souls was shown by their betrayal of their suzerain, the King of Qin."

Sipping some more tea, the scholar stood. Bowing from the waist, he spoke. "You have earned my service, Lord." At least for now . . .
KongFau
Captain

Post by KongFau »

After their light luncheon at a local tea house, Kong Jie and party continued riding towards the city. Upon arrival at the gate, Qi Qi, Lu Di and Wu Langzeng dismounted where by Qi Qi approached the guards and bowed before speaking in a sturdy tone "Afternoon gentlemen. We are here to meet with Lord Chen Yun. Please inform him that Lord Kong Jie have arrived." Kong Jie nods to the guards fro them to identify him.
Wu Zenmi (35+1) 85-15-98*-91-24* Aid II, Artisan I, Confuse I, Cover II, Engineer I, Entangle II, Haste I, Scout II, Scribe I, Trainer I, Volley II
Equipped*: Strategies and Seasons Book(+3 Int), Terrains and Tactics Book(+3 Int), Wingyi Horse(+5 Speed), Jewelry Jade Rooster Idol (+1 Int, +1 Cha), Silver Moon Patterned Robe(+3 Cha), Silver Moon Patterned Headwear(+3 Cha)
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

The guards looked the men over, then dispatched a messenger inside to locate/inform their lord about the guests. turning back to the men, one of them asks, "Do you have a letter from our Lord inviting you? If you don't we'll have to ask that you hand over any weapons and consent to a search. Standard procedure for unexpected guests you understand. Never know when a rival lord will try to send some assassins in these chaotic times."
Magistrate of Qufu, Zetie Pi, Com: 46, Mgt: 19, Int: 84, Jud: 97*, Cha: 52, Civil Adimistrator III, Doctor I, Engineer II, Jeer I, Politician I, Public Planner II
KongFau
Captain

Post by KongFau »

"That's a good point" responded Qi Qi and turns back to Kong Jie but noticed Kuai Lei is dismounting with a letter at hand. He in turn approached the guard and grin in delight "I believe this is what you are requesting" and extend both hands out with the letter to the guard. Whence the guard take the letter, Lei adds "We, how you say, are following up on an aged~ letter...so this meeting will be an interesting and unique one" (PM sent ;) IC purpose)
Wu Zenmi (35+1) 85-15-98*-91-24* Aid II, Artisan I, Confuse I, Cover II, Engineer I, Entangle II, Haste I, Scout II, Scribe I, Trainer I, Volley II
Equipped*: Strategies and Seasons Book(+3 Int), Terrains and Tactics Book(+3 Int), Wingyi Horse(+5 Speed), Jewelry Jade Rooster Idol (+1 Int, +1 Cha), Silver Moon Patterned Robe(+3 Cha), Silver Moon Patterned Headwear(+3 Cha)
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

(OOC: Yeah, I've sent so many letters that I forgot about that one. Hmm, how to handle it...)

While the writing on the letter did look familiar to the guards, they nonetheless had to think about what to do. After a few minutes, they sent someone to take the letter to the Marquis for verification. Eventually he returns and whispers to the guards. They nod in understanding and turn to the visitors. "The Marquis has decided to accept the letter as allowing you to bypass the search, you may now follow the messenger back to our Lord."

Provided they follow, they are led to the Audience Chamber where Chen Yun awaits. "Welcome gentlemen."
Magistrate of Qufu, Zetie Pi, Com: 46, Mgt: 19, Int: 84, Jud: 97*, Cha: 52, Civil Adimistrator III, Doctor I, Engineer II, Jeer I, Politician I, Public Planner II
KongFau
Captain

Post by KongFau »

(OOC: quick type from the office ::))

Kong Jie nods to the guard and dismount "Very well, please lead the way."

Kong Jie enters the audience chamber followed by Kuai Lei and Qi Qi then Lu Di and Wu Langzeng behind them. They all bowed respectfully and then Kong Jie step forward "Lord Chen Yun, it's a pleasure to finally meet with you...so how have things been doing for you?" he spoke with a grin.
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

"Before I begin, can I offer you some seats?" Asks Chen Yun of his guests.

Continuing on after his guests confirm or decline, he continues," Well, since I last wrote you, I've taken all of Jiaodong. With my recent acquisition of the land that was supposedly under Tian Dan's control, it is complete, save that which is under my officer Wu Ming. I also took over for my ill friend Tian Loc, and continued our plans to improve his homeland. But what of you? What have you been doing all these months since I wrote you?"
KongFau
Captain

Post by KongFau »

"Yes from what I heard and see before me, you indeed moved on up quite well" Kong Jie responded in an eloquent manner "As for me, I continued to venture the lands finding new grounds to game about and soon after was joined by bold skillful men" he turned to them and nod with a smile as do they acknowledged with a deep breathe displaying a most robust stance of strength in their moment of spotlight.

Kong Jie smirked before turning back to Chen Yun "Over time, I began to feel weary of hearing news of bloodshed and often if we can make a difference if we were to intervene..." his face turned more serious as he continues "...thus I pondered maybe its time for us to make a difference...but who...who can we trust..." his posture became a bit more stronger "...then I thought of your letter and the progress you had achieve...which lead us here curious if what you have planned for the future coincide with ours"
antlan87
Colonel

Post by antlan87 »

"I had thought I would be able to remain within Jiaodong, but I must defeat Tian Dan for his inability to govern his people, and the fact he has begun to build a fortress between our lands, which I suspect may become a staging point for an attack. And now it seems Liu Bang as well, as Liu Bang has just launched raids against the villages of Jiaodong. This is a transgression I cannot allow, as I had ordered many of them to be founded myself. I just hope that when I put an end to the fool that I don't wind up in a war I cannot win. If you and your friends joined us, we may be able to fell both of my lands enemies, and remain strong enough to maintain our independence afterwards. While defeating both will result in our being surrounded by powerful forces, so long as we don't act aggressive, they should leave us alone for awhile, hopefully long enough to build up enough strength to be left alone. I have no desire to become Emperor, and provided someone becomes strong enough to unite the lands, I won't fight them control, unless they attempt to purge me and my friends from the court. I just want peace for the land, nothing more." Responds Chen Yun.
KongFau
Captain

Post by KongFau »

"Interesting..." Kong Jie responded. Kuai Lei in the back covered is mouth and whispered to the other "That's usually not a good sign..." and the others just nod in agreement. Jie brush his chin and turns around to Kuai Lei in a soft tone "What do you think Lei?" who was caught unexpectedly blinked with a blank look. He scratched his head pondering how to respond and then peers around to the others who seemingly still standing strong. Lei thought 'hmmm seems everyone else enjoying the moment to impress...well hopefully I read everyone correctly and won’t make a fool of myself...' he step forward and bow "Well, Lord Kong Jie, I believe this be a good opportunity to support the land. Lord Chen Yun did mention having no desire to be Emperor, wanting nothing more than attaining peace and not imposing war on others without probable cause.” What interest me the most and I believe the same for all of us" he looked to Kong Jie with a manner of confidence in his tone "is that Lord Chen Yun will even support another who is better suited for the role of Emperor should that moment arise" Kong Jie impressed with the speech thought 'Ah Lei, reading me at the right moment again...good job.'

Kong Jie smiled and nod to Kuai Lei before turning around to Lord Chen Yun "So as long as Lord Chen Yun continue to enact upon all of which you had spoken of this moment in time, we offer our services to support your cause without regret" Kong Jie then bows respectfully to Chen Yun. Qi Qi, Lu Di and Wu Langzeng nodded in agreement and bow too. Kuai Lei having felt relief of the pressure and does the same.