Sima Shing's Audience Hall - Jiangliang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Nanjun Tiger
General
Location: In war, it does not matter who is right, merely who is left...

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Walking through the wet, muddy streets of Jiangliang, a warrior entirely enclosed in a heavy, brown cloak approached the audience chamber of Sima Shing. On either side of his waist were two deadly, exotic looking blades attached to a thick leather belt. His hood draped over his forehead, covering his eyes in shadow and leaving all of his features above his nose to the imagination.

As he came upon the guards, he halted his movements, save for one arm that reached out, offering a bamboo scroll. "Please inform Sima Shing that Master Shi has answered his call and is here for an audience", the man spoke quietly, not revealing any expression to the facial features visable to the guards.
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Civil Administrator I, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Envelop II, Politician II
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

The guards at the bow the man, and the leader moves forward to accept the scroll

Captain Lao "Welcome, Master Shi. If you will follow me, the Prefect is taking audience in the main chamber."

The captain bowed, and lead the man past the garden, into the heart of the administrative complex. Knocking twice upon the door, he pushes it open, and enters the central office, where Sima Shing and several of his administrators pour over a document ladden table. Glancing up, Shing nods once in dismissal to Lao, and smiles at the visitor.

Sima Shing "Welcome, Master Shi. Please, make yourself comfortable. I don't stand much on ceremony. Shing snickers softly to himself at his own joke Further, could I offer you some refreshments? I must say, my daughter keeps me well stocked with this fruit filled pastry, delicious. I do recommend it."

Shing smiles again, hoping to soften the man up a bit with humor and good food.
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Aid II, Jianshu II, Military Admin II, Raid I, Wall II
Nanjun Tiger
General

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

The man shook his head at the offer by Sima and seemed unamused at the man's comedic gesture. He did, however, offer a brief grin in response, but it quickly faded as he wanted to get to more pressing matters. "I am in no need of food or drink, sir, but I do appreciate the offer. Give your daughter my regards..." Giving a sigh, continued. "I understand you are in need of a man of my... unique talents, correct? If you could indulge me, please tell me why."
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Shing sighs slightly

Sima Shing "I am in need of your services, because it seems I am the only one left to protect the people of the south. Too many have fallen, killed by treachery and deceit. Words have failed, so action must see us through."

Shing takes a sip of his wine. His thoughts turned inward to the struggle he must now take up alone
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Nanjun Tiger
General

Post by Nanjun Tiger »

Arkain Hibiki wrote:Shing sighs slightly

Sima Shing "I am in need of your services, because it seems I am the only one left to protect the people of the south. Too many have fallen, killed by treachery and deceit. Words have failed, so action must see us through."

Shing takes a sip of his wine. His thoughts turned inward to the struggle he must now take up alone
Raising his fist to his mouth, he exhaled heavily through his nose, pondering Sima's words. "I see... so who is it, exactly, that you would be protecting the south from? Have the Wu-Yue once again risen against the nation?"
Ying Chou (28) 瑜德 Yude
80-42-60-60-63
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Arkain Hibiki wrote:The guards at the gate nodded, and one was dispatched inside. Shortly thereafter, the gate opened, and a dozen soldiers came out and bowed, The leader motions through the gate

Captain Lao "The Magistrate is taking council in the garden, at the moment. If you will follow me."

Opening the gate, the group is lead a scant hundred feet into the complex, where a large, ornamental garden has been set up. Sima Shing sits under a tree, listening to one of his advisers give a short report. Lounging about, are a dozen soldiers, and half as many of his generals. Shing leans forward slightly to push a small, rice paper boat with a stick, sending it shooting across the surface of one of the ponds. Watching the ripples, Shing addresses the new comers

Sima Shing "Welcome to Linjiang, Emissary of Yue."

Sha Zukang the diplomat bowed deeply at the welcome. "Thank you for seeing us, Magistrate. My master Daisuke Aramaki, the Prefect of Changsha and vassal to Marquis Lin of Yue, sends his greetings, and wishes to inquire if you had received his bamboo scroll that he has sent two weeks ago. He is pleased that conflict was avoided between our two military forces, and desires to explore the possibility of a more permanent peace between the peoples of Changsha/Yue and Linjiang. If this possibility pleases you, I have been authorized to discuss with you the particulars of a non-aggression pact, and later present a draft to my masters in Nanjun and Wuzhong to sign."
Last edited by Zhudi on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Freed by Lin Xin, the former Marshal of Changsha had some time to ponder where he was going, as he traveled west. Changsha had been lost, alongside with the holdings of Heaven's Orchard in Jiujiang. Liao Mingyuan sighed to himself as he directed his horse towards Linjiang and the city of Jiangling. Perhaps it would be prudent to go and serve Sima Shing. Liao Mingyuan knew that the forces in Linjiang had dispatched reinforcements to assist his former liege, Taishi Guang. Perhaps they would take accept his services.

And so he rode to the city of Jiangling. Dismounting at the gate, he spoke. "I am the former Marshal of Changsha, Liao Mingyuan. I bring grave tidings from the Battles in Changsha to Lord Sima."
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Chi Bu was tired by the time her small band made it to Jiangling. She and Long Dai had decided it would be best to travel there after the battle. She had known that Sima Shing had sent reinforcements to her former Lord Taishi Guang and thought it likely that news of other survivors might be found here. And, she hoped, they might find a home here.

The soldiers they'd gathered to their cause on the way waited outside the gates and Chi Bu and the two men following her made their way to the government buildings. There they asked to see someone in charge.
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Taishi Guang

Shing sips his wine, finishing it off. He took a moment to consider when it was he started drinking wine. Usually, he drank tea for all meetings. Wine, he figured, seemed more appropriate. Wine made the decisions he had to make now seem bearable. Nodding once, he pulled over a sheaf of paper and read from it

Sima Shing "Yi Lan, of Huainan. Lin Xin of Yue. Their minions, Pang Ai, and the Raven Wind bandits. All in all, a motley assortment of brigands and degenerates. A large assortment, though. Without men such as yourself, I shall be hard pressed to match their numbers."

Zhudi

Sima Shing "Firstly, it is Prefect, no longer Magistrate. Yes, his scroll was recieved, as was the two from Lin Xin, saying pretty much the same thing. There was already peace between Changsha and Linjiang, peace shattered by the death of my friend, the Marquis. Whatever faults he may have had, and I personally have found none, the late Marquis was a man of honor, coming before me personally, to ask for my assistance in guarding his people. I am saddened that I have failed him, in that regard so far."

Cao Chao

The gates, their expressions solemn, bow as one, and the gate is immediately opened. Captain Lao motions for the man to follow him, and he leads Mingyuan through the palacial gardens, into the central chamber of Shing, where he and his top advisors pour over a table of maps and documents. Lao steps forward and bows to his Prefect

Captain Lao "Prefect, Lord Liao Mingyuan, valliant commander and Marshall of Chang Sha, to see you sir."

Shing nods once in dismissal to the capital and offers a sad smile to Mingyuan

Sima Shing "My scouts tell me my efforts where in vain. I offer my condolence for the loss of the Marquis. I knew him only a short time, but he was a man of honor."

Ann

The guards at the gate nod and bow, and their captain steps forward

Captain Lao "If you will follow me, the Prefect is taking audience in the Central Chamber."

Lao bows once more, as the gate is opened, and the three are led past the gardens and into the main building, where Shing and his advisors sit, taking a small respite from the document laden table. Lao bows once to his prefect, and Shing dismisses him with a nod.

Sima Shing "Welcome to Jiangling, travelers. What can I do for you?"
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Arkain Hibiki wrote:The gates, their expressions solemn, bow as one, and the gate is immediately opened. Captain Lao motions for the man to follow him, and he leads Mingyuan through the palatial gardens, into the central chamber of Shing, where he and his top advisers pore over a table of maps and documents. Lao steps forward and bows to his Prefect

Captain Lao: "Prefect, Lord Liao Mingyuan, valiant commander and Marshall of Chang Sha, to see you sir."

Shing nods once in dismissal to the capital and offers a sad smile to Mingyuan.

Sima Shing: "My scouts tell me my efforts where in vain. I offer my condolence for the loss of the Marquis. I knew him only a short time, but he was a man of honor."
Liao Mingyuan bowed his head and kneeled upon the ground with one knee. Hanging his head in shame, he spoke. "A twice defeated commander has no right to deserve such courtesy and respect. I did my best to command the army's of the Marquis of Changsha, but it was abundantly clear that my best was not good enough. I failed utterly . . . and as a result . . . the Marquis is dead as are so many of the comrades and men at arms of Changsha."