Sima Shing's Audience Hall - Jiangliang

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Arkain Hibiki

Sha Zukang nodded as Shima Shing honored the late Marquis of Changsha. He waited a respectful pause before asking, "And Prefect, do you believe that peace will again be possible between Changsha...[pause] Marquis Lin's Changsha and your Linjiang?"
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Chi Bu allowed Long Dai to take the lead as they followed Captain Lao to Sima Shing's audience hall. When they arrived the three bowed and Long Dai said, "Prefect Sima, I am Long Dai, with me are Chi Bu and Ze Shuo. We have come to you from the battlefield in Changsha where we served Marquis Taishi."

Chi Bu kept her eyes downcast as Long Dai spoke. She wondered what sort of man Sima Shing was. Though, she thought, he was certainly an ally of Taishi Guang.
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Cao Chao

Shing nods once, sadly

Sima Shing "The Marquis was in power for only a short time, and you did what you could. The combined armies that struck at him where too much for him to bear, and he fell, defending his people. A tragic tale, but one that is not yet finished. You live, and thus, the Marquis's will shall live on within you. Chang Sha will not lie in the hands of Lin Xin for long. His army is weakened greatly, and f Yi Lan does not turn on him, I will."

Zhudi

Sima Shing "I recognize only Marquis Taishi Guang as the true ruler of Chang Sha. Should no heir of his become available, then we shall see."

Ann

Shing nodded, his depression increasing as more and more survivors of the battle in Chang Sha came to Linjiang

Sima Shing "I am deeply saddened that my forces where not able to assist the Marquis. His death is a great tragedy for the southlands. No matter what you may choose to do, you three, as well as any other survivors from Chang Sha, will always be welcome in Linjiang, as long as I rule it. "
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Aid II, Jianshu II, Military Admin II, Raid I, Wall II
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Arkain Hibiki wrote:Shing nods once, sadly

Sima Shing "The Marquis was in power for only a short time, and you did what you could. The combined armies that struck at him where too much for him to bear, and he fell, defending his people. A tragic tale, but one that is not yet finished. You live, and thus, the Marquis's will shall live on within you. Chang Sha will not lie in the hands of Lin Xin for long. His army is weakened greatly, and f Yi Lan does not turn on him, I will."
"I advise caution, my Lord," stated the former Marshal of Changsha. "Lin Xin is an extremely devious individual. He is a poisonous snake that your Lordship should be careful when dealing with him."

"There is a proclamation disseminated by Lin Xin that one of the Brotherhood's former leaders, Daisuke Aramaki has been named as the governor of Nanjun," stated Liao Mingyuan, "While many of the the Brotherhood's followers are officials to Lady Rui in Yong and serve as the strongest of the loyal vassals of the King of Qin, the fact that one of the Brotherhood's leaders serve Lin Xin is troubling. Your Lordship should speak with the King of Qin regarding this . . ."
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Sima Shing

Upon hearing his response, Sha Zukang bowed again. Many thoughts were racing through him mind, but he forced himself to just say, "I am glad that there is still hope for peace in the future. [brief pause] I believe that my business is completed here, and shall return to my master to report to him about what has transpired. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to see me."

On that note, Sha Zukang waits to be dismissed before returning home to Changsha.
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Arkain Hibiki wrote: Shing nodded, his depression increasing as more and more survivors of the battle in Chang Sha came to Linjiang

Sima Shing "I am deeply saddened that my forces where not able to assist the Marquis. His death is a great tragedy for the southlands. No matter what you may choose to do, you three, as well as any other survivors from Chang Sha, will always be welcome in Linjiang, as long as I rule it. "
Long Dai bowed and said, "The word that your forces were on their way heartened our forces greatly. We are honored by your welcome."

Chi Bu began to fidget in the back. She thought Long Dai was taking his time about this. She wanted, more than anything, to find a place to serve and, eventually, to avenge the death of Taishi Guang. But, she understood that political winds were changeable and she could not bear to stay where Lin Xin or the bandits and mercenaries he employed would be dealt with gently.

Sensing her restlessness, Long Dai said, "Lord Sima, Marquis Taishi was a good man and provided us with a place to live after much chaos. And he was chosen by those of Nanjun to rule them - an unusual thing in these times. Like many in Changsha we have great ill will for those responsible for returning the chaos to Changsha. We would offer our service to your, should you feel as we. Though, of course, we would understand if you felt it necessary to try other methods to protect your own lands from the southern menace."

A huff from Chi Bu indicated that not all of them would understand. Ze Shuo, new to the small group, remained quiet.
Arkain Hibiki
Lieutenant

Post by Arkain Hibiki »

Cao Chao

Sima Shing "I had heard that this Aramaki was placed in nominal control of Chang Sha, for he has repeatedly contacted me. It seems he is very interested in getting me to form peace with Lin Xin. His reasoning, on paper, is for a unified south, but the truth of the matter is he needs time to rebuild his forces. Time, is something he will not have. As for the news about this Brotherhood, it is very strange indeed, and I shall follow your advice, and visit Chancellor Meng Yi again."

Zhudi

Shing nods in dismissal, as a messenger delivers a scroll. Reading it quickly, a small smile appears on his face

Sima Shing "Have a safe joureny back to Chang Sha, and Inform Hua Bao, that if he wanted information on Linjiang, all he needed to do was ask. Skulking about like that, no wonder my men thought he was a bandit and chased him off."

Ann

Sima Shing "Lin Xin has attempted thrice now to force a treaty on me. I have, tactfully, rejected him three times. Politics is its own field of battle, played by its own rules. I have studied both, and I find that one invariably leads to the other. Lin Xin wishes me to sit idly by while he conscripts the men of Chang Sha to form a new army, one I'm willing to bet will be directed here, at Linjiang. I will not have Linjiang be the site of this future battle, if you catch my meaning. Now, tell me, I have a two questions I wish answered. Firstly, do you know if the Marquis ever appointed an heir, or had any known family? Lastly, as your services are accepted, would you prefer your quarters to be in the city, or would you prefer, as some of my generals do, to bivouac with the main army?"

**Please post Officer Information, and I would give you PH access.....but that seems redundant**
Tie Yi Tianshi
97*/83*/30/69/43
Aid II, Jianshu II, Military Admin II, Raid I, Wall II
ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Long Dai nodded, relief obvious in his face. When Sima Shing finished speaking he said, "I do not know of any heir, my Lord Sima. Though family there may be I do not know of them." He glanced at Chi Bu who shook her head as well.

Then he said, "We shall stay where you feel we might serve best, Lord Sima."

Chi Bu has joined Sima Shing
Cao Chao
Marquis
Location: That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.

Post by Cao Chao »

Arkain Hibiki wrote:Sima Shing "I had heard that this Aramaki was placed in nominal control of Chang Sha, for he has repeatedly contacted me. It seems he is very interested in getting me to form peace with Lin Xin. His reasoning, on paper, is for a unified south, but the truth of the matter is he needs time to rebuild his forces. Time, is something he will not have. As for the news about this Brotherhood, it is very strange indeed, and I shall follow your advice, and visit Chancellor Meng Yi again."
"Hope for the best, but prepare the worst," replied Liao Mingyuan, repeating an oft-used phrase. "Your Lordship should prepare for the possibility of a conflict against Lin Xin, because that conniving bastard is expansionistic. Eventually, if not in the near future, there will be war and Your Lordship should be ready for it."

The former Marshal of Changsha heaved a sigh at the prospect. He seemed ready to leave, retiring to his humble abode for a period of contemplation before venturing forth again to battle. "I bid you good day, Your Lordship. I need some time to order my thoughts before offering my services to anyone of merit. These past months have been quite trying and I hope that Your Lordship understands that I will not serve you."
Red Virus
New Recruit

Post by Red Virus »

With his makeshift bow slung over his shoulder, Xu Huang was on his way to the city gates of Jianling. His horse struggled immensely through the snow but Huang simply gave the beast a pat on its powerful body, caressing it whenever it grunted. "I hope this trip is not a waste of time," Huang said, talking to the horse, "But with 75 taels a month and an additional incentive of 350 taels, it would be foolish not to visit the man. We owe him that at least."

And so, man and animal labored through the snowy terrain until they reached the gates of Jianling. Scanning the city walls, Huang called the attention of the guards and said, "I'm Xu Huang and I'm here to speak with the Marquis of Lin Jiang."
Name: Xu Huang
Basic Stats: 91-79-40-78-19
Modified Stats: 100*-79-40-80*-19
Skills: Charge II, Gongshu II, Military Administrator II, Sortie II
Items: Ancient Battle Arrays (+7 Command), The Chronicles of Xu Huang (+2 Command, +2 Judgment)