Lin Xin's Audience Hall - Panyu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Shi: Marqius, my Master Jiang Sei has been out in an precarious position as I am sure the Duke is well aware. He is a man that values honor and respect greatly, one of the reasons he stands by the Duke. He does not forget the aid the Duke granted our land in allowing our troops to move trhough his territory. However my lord receievs pressure on a number of fronts, both diplomatic and militaristic in nature that strive to plunge our lands into conflict with yours.

He paused a momnet before continuing...

Shi: Though it loathes him to do so, Marquis Jiang has had to entertain thoughts of these requests for the well being of our people. However, when rumors of support ofr the Qin establishment by the Duke filter in to our lands, it makes it harder to shoulder then burden of war when you are supporting someone who supports an enemy of the people. So that brings us to the questions...Why do we hear your lands are in support of the Qin, and what truth is there behind them?
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

The Marquis sighed as he thought for a moment how to explain the precarious political situation Yue and Changsha was in a few months ago, and how the efforts he had taken to persevere their neutrality has spawned these rumors. Taking a deep breath, he began, "Please allow me to outline for your the political and military situation that Changsha was in about two months ago. We were embroiled in a fierce war with Sima Shing, a vassal of the Qin who sought to destroy us. We were also bordered by Xiang Jun of Jiujiang, who had made his intentions clear that he sought to destroy us also. Duke Lin Xin is determined to keep the people of Yue and Changsha neutral in this war that is engulfing China; to maintain their freedom against the domineering powers of the Qin and Chu. While we do not have any interest in warring with them, if they decide to war with us; we shall bring what we have to the table."

"The rumors of our land being in support of the Qin are false. They stem from an incident a few months back when the Imperial Qin visited the province of Yue and left off an envoy to discuss thier position. This visit was then followed by a visit from an envoy of the rebel Qin, who came primarily to deal with issues presented by the Imperial Qin. Because we did not drive their envoys out or execute them, the rumors that we are in support of the either of the Qin began to spread. But you must not mistake my desire to maintain a neutrality as a desire for alliance. I did all I can to keep the main Qin powers from reinforcing the wars that their vassals were instigating upon us. As you can see, I have succeeded as Changsha and Yue still stand as an independent kingdom today. How can you say that we are in support of the Qin when their vassals were invading us? " He paused for a bit as he seemed to get more and more passionate. Finally he continued, "Please allow me to state our official position; we are enemies to those who would seek to do us harm (Xiang Jun of Jiujiang, Chen She of Chu and Sima Shing of Linjiang); civil neighbors to those who merely do not seek our destruction (the rebel Qin, the Imperial Qin, Bai Zhan of Linjiang), and friends to those who would stand with us against the aggression of the old powers (Chen Wei of Nanyang, Zhi Cheng of Wu, and yourself). I can anticipate your next question. Before you ask about Chen Wei; know that I am allied with him because he is an independent, regional lord working to oppose my enemies, rather than due to any other affiliations he might have."
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

fireshade wrote:.... "You betrayed me."

Those words cut Wei Quan to the core. In them, he felt stinging slap of rebuke and the heart-rending shame of his own failure. Of course, the King could not know of just how much he had tried to do... but that didn't matter. It had not been enough. It had taken the hand of an outsider to find the King's freedom.

"Please, my King... say all that you will about my failures... for General Wang is a capable man and did all that he could to try an save you... thus the fault must rest somewhere in my own orders to him. But please, do not call me a traitor. My loyalty has always been to you and the charge that you gave me to care for Han."
Ying Fusu turned away from Wei Quan, his shoulder's slumped. "You were offered my freedom for gold. Instead you chose to side with Meng Tian against me. I saw the letter you signed. I saw Meng Tian's proclamation of his rise to become King of Qin. It was one of the last things I saw clearly before the hot pokers."

He spoke softly, so that those in the hall could barely hear him. "I am now just an inspector who cannot see."
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Zhudi wrote:....
Shi: I thank you for being upfront with us Marqius. Already my lord sends an envoy to Xiang Jun to inform him will not join in war against your forces. Jin Taishi, my lords longest and most trusted companion is delivering the message...We...we do not expect to see him return...

The old warrior trailed off a bit before resuming his speech.

Shi: In choosing not to fight, we know these forces will use our lack involvement to launch attacks on us. Marqius Jiang is prepared to fight, to defend and protect. I must be honest, Marqius...Knowing that Jiujang and Liang will focus their efforts on Huainan if only to create a staging point for attacks on you, means there is little we can offer in teh way of support other than acting as a buffer from at least one hostile force.
Jiang Sei (35)
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
fireshade
Officer

Post by fireshade »

Kymvir Raemiz wrote:Ying Fusu turned away from Wei Quan, his shoulder's slumped. "You were offered my freedom for gold. Instead you chose to side with Meng Tian against me. I saw the letter you signed. I saw Meng Tian's proclamation of his rise to become King of Qin. It was one of the last things I saw clearly before the hot pokers."

He spoke softly, so that those in the hall could barely hear him. "I am now just an inspector who cannot see."
All of this was confusing the already distraught Wei Quan... a ransom of gold.. Meng Tian becoming the King.. At least the last part explained part of the problem with the King's behavior.

"I know not what lies they put before you to torture you, but that is what they were... lies. The armies of our foes would accept nothing for your return, especially not gold. And Commander Meng has not elevated his own standing, though he did arrange for your brother, Prince Jianglu to guide us in your absence. And as for letters... I know not what paper you were shown that had my name placed upon it, but I have done nothing to betray you. If I had turned against you, I would not be here. I would have sought my own gain and thought nothing more about the matter."

He paused for a short moment, and when he spoke again, it was in a clear declaration to all those present about his intentions here.

"But I have come to prove that you are the true King of Qin and to bring you back to your lands, where you may recover in peace!"

In a softer voice, he added, "If that be your will."
Wei Quan (30)
40-35-84-73*-89
Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer II, Military Administrator II, Policitian III, Public Planner III, Scribe I
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

fireshade wrote:
"But I have come to prove that you are the true King of Qin and to bring you back to your lands, where you may recover in peace!"

In a softer voice, he added, "If that be your will."
Aramaki stood off to the side and watched this entire exchange with a serious expression on his face. There seems to folds upon folds of intrigue sewn into the tapestry that is the Qin. He shrugged and whispered softly as Wei Quan made his declaration, "There are few things that would please me more than to have the Inspector returned to his home."...since that would finally get rid of those damn rumors that the Duke Lin Xin is housing a Qin Inspector. "But before this blessed event can occur, two things need to happen. First, the Duke Lin Xin needs to be sufficiently recovered to oversee the Inspector's departure. Second, we would like the Qin to recog.... Hmm, we can discuss the other specifics after the Duke has returned to health. But don't worry, I have great faith that the Duke will be fully recovered very soon. If you could be wait here for a short while, I am sure that both parties can come to a mutually satisfying understanding."

Also portraying...
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Zhudi
Major

Post by Zhudi »

Freefall wrote:
Zhudi wrote:....
Shi: I thank you for being upfront with us Marqius. Already my lord sends an envoy to Xiang Jun to inform him will not join in war against your forces. Jin Taishi, my lords longest and most trusted companion is delivering the message...We...we do not expect to see him return...

The old warrior trailed off a bit before resuming his speech.

Shi: In choosing not to fight, we know these forces will use our lack involvement to launch attacks on us. Marqius Jiang is prepared to fight, to defend and protect. I must be honest, Marqius...Knowing that Jiujang and Liang will focus their efforts on Huainan if only to create a staging point for attacks on you, means there is little we can offer in teh way of support other than acting as a buffer from at least one hostile force.
Aramaki thought for a few moments on the gravity of the statements made before him. He took a sheet of paper and wrote of words upon it. Calling a servant to appraoch, he whispered, "Please take this note to the Duke. I hope that he is feeling well enough, if not to completely return to his administrative duties, than at least well enough to come and meet with our visitor."

Turning back to Shi, he said, "My heart goes out to the people of Huainan. I wish that we could do more to assist you directly. Perhaps Prefect Zhi Cheng of Wu could do more to assist you directly since Yue shall endeavor with all its might to keep her province safe from incursions from the South." He motioned for his servants to bring some tea over. "Please have some tea while we wait for the Duke to arrive." A small tray of tea was brought before Shi by one of the servants.

Also portraying...
Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

The older warrior nodded to his host as he took the tea, glancing at the ornate tray.

Shi: I thank you for request the Duke's presence on my behalf Marqius. The new Marqius of Wu, Lady Zhi is a close friend to my master. They rely heavily upon each other, so to do we look to your lord in teh south and the friendship he has offered us in the past.

Again he bowed his head to his host as the servant backed away. Taking a sip of the tea, he continued...

Shi: Persoanlly I understand your stance, as I know my lord does. He has tried hard to keep peace inside his province, though the realtionship you do have though neutral, with the Qin regime does not leave teh best taste in our mouths. The cities of Huainan felt the shackles of their corruption for soem time before being freed from their grasp. This is a concern of many in the southlands...
Jiang Sei (35)
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Jiang Sei and Co.

The Duke of Yue enters the chamber, looking a little weak but managed a strong smile as he saw the Marquis of Huainan. Nodding to Daisuke, Xin says, "I received your message Marquis Daisuke and decided to drag myself out of bed due to the importance of these negotiations."

Then the Duke bows a greeting to Jiang Sei. "I apologize I could not personally recieve you Marquis Jiang. I have been out of commission for a month or so now but seem to have finally recovered. I assure you that Yue and Changsha do not support the Qin, nor do I plan to establish any sort of formal alliance with either faction."

Xin paused to take a breath as he leaned against the wall, brushing away an attendant who moved to assist. "We have not forgotten the brutality of the Qin reign...but I have a greater responsibility now than personal vendetta. The Qin are relatively weak, but may yet pose a threat to Chu and Jiujiang. I need to use that to my advantage to keep Chen She and Xiang Jun from fulfilling their southern ambitions."

Smiling, the Duke straightens again as he summoned his waning strength. "I appreciate your dedication to your people and do not wish to see Huainan fall to those new tyrants. Is there anyway we can help?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fusu, Wei Quan, and Co.

The Duke of Yue, having reovered from his illness, quiety entered the chamber and observed the exchange between the Qin heir and his officer. Feeling it is time to interject, Xin steps forward and says in a neutral tone, "Well, I guess this is truly Fusu, heir to Qin Shihuangdi. Unfortunately, it seems it will take some time before he is fully recovered from the treatment he received from his brother. In the meantime, there is much to discuss. Do you have the authority to conduct negotiations or does Commander Meng need to send someone else?"
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
fireshade
Officer

Post by fireshade »

Wei Quan was less than pleased by the behavior he was seeing. These men were unabashedly going to push their agenda, and there would likely be little he could say to gain any leverage.

"I am skilled in the ways of treating injuries, myself, and am capable of seeing to his health when he chooses to return home. And as to negotiations... Who has more authority than the King himself? I will assist him if he would like, as I can see that he still suffers from his mistreatment."
Wei Quan (30)
40-35-84-73*-89
Civil Administrator III, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer II, Military Administrator II, Policitian III, Public Planner III, Scribe I