Lin Xin's Audience Hall - Panyu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

Freefall
Major

Post by Freefall »

Lin Xin wrote:Jiang Sei and Co.

The Duke of Yue enters the chamber, looking a little weak but managed a strong smile as he saw the Marquis of Huainan. Nodding to Daisuke, Xin says, "I received your message Marquis Daisuke and decided to drag myself out of bed due to the importance of these negotiations."

Then the Duke bows a greeting to Jiang Sei. "I apologize I could not personally recieve you Marquis Jiang. I have been out of commission for a month or so now but seem to have finally recovered. I assure you that Yue and Changsha do not support the Qin, nor do I plan to establish any sort of formal alliance with either faction."

Xin paused to take a breath as he leaned against the wall, brushing away an attendant who moved to assist. "We have not forgotten the brutality of the Qin reign...but I have a greater responsibility now than personal vendetta. The Qin are relatively weak, but may yet pose a threat to Chu and Jiujiang. I need to use that to my advantage to keep Chen She and Xiang Jun from fulfilling their southern ambitions."

Smiling, the Duke straightens again as he summoned his waning strength. "I appreciate your dedication to your people and do not wish to see Huainan fall to those new tyrants. Is there anyway we can help?"
OOC: Sorry I must have missed this one...

Shan Shi bowed his head to the Maqruis, the envoy of Jiang Sei new his place and did not hesitate in showing the respect due to the mans office.

Shi: Duke Lin, as of now my lord is content with the friendship you have given our province in the difficult time. Like many others you could have used the change in leadership to strike against our forces and increase your hold on the southlands. Yet you did not, instead you honored your word of friendship to the people of Huainan and that is why Marqius Jiang will contue to support you. He does so knowing that this will lead him into war, but it is a price he is willing to pay.

He paused to allow his words to be recieved before continuing...

Shi: The Marqius Daisuke and you yourself have stated your intentions with the Qin, we respect and honor those words. As one friend to another, be careful the path your tread with them. They are seen as villians by many, and I am sure some may or may not be. However because they are percived at such, any dealings you do with them will lump you into their fold. If that should happen, it will be hard to continue the public support for keeping our causes entwined.
Jiang Sei (35)
Stats: 90-83*-53-42-79*
Skills: Charge II, Discipline II, Inspire II, Instructor I, Jueshu I, Military Administrator II, Qianshu I, Raid I
Lin Xin
General

Post by Lin Xin »

Lin Xin nodded. "I understand and appreciate your concern," he replied while glancing at Daisuke to gauge his reaction. "As we all know, unfortunately, perception is often treated as reality."

The Duke lifted his chin and looked squarely at the envoy. "However, I hope that my actions will be judged favorably by future generations, however they are seen today."

"We cannot forget the aggressiveness and dishonorable methods of our northern neighbors," Xin continued with a sigh. "Because negotiations have broken down with them, it would not be advisable to create another enemy to our west. I cannot allow perceptions to dictate the present reality."
Lin Xin (32 M) 82-25-61-77-51 Civil Admin II, Diplomat I, Discipline II, Military Admin II, Politician I, Volley I, Wall I
Wife: Lee Ling Da (30 F) 75-52-62-70-52 Artisan II, Faze I, Haste I, Military Administrator I, Sortie I
Sister: Lin Jia (29 F) 30-72-61-64-72 Challenge I, Diplomat I, Doctor I, Engineer I, Faze I, Instructor I
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

At the gates of the Nanjun Armory

Even at the height of noon, the day was dark and foreboding. The clouds gathered above the whole South of China, while thunder boomed in the distance. It was not raining yet on that one day in June when a hooded rider arrived at the gates of the Nanjun Armory. In his hand, he held aloft the personal seal of the house of Long. His voice boomed, "I have been called by Long Rurong, Supreme Commander of Changsha/Yue's armies. Please take me to him, for the Southern Guardian has returned and is ready to serve the people."
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
krowthen
Sergeant

Post by krowthen »

The guard looked at the visitor for a moment, Southern Guardian?, but shrugged the thought off. Nodding to his fellow the doors were pushed open, "Follow me, lord."

The hooded stranger was taken to a simplistic room, bare except for the basic necessities, a single desk, and a few hard wooden chairs. Long Rurong look up briefly as the guard knocked and entered followed by the stranger.

A hint of surprise and a welcome smile lit the face of Rurong, "Zhudi, you have finally arrived." He quickly rose to circle around the desk and grasp arms with the old comrade who once fought beside him.
Guan Sho,23 Male
District Manager of Bayang, Qi Province
Stats: 45-24-108*-82-40
Skills: Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Public Planner II, Decoy II, Scribe III
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

Zhudi smiled as he was led into the room. "Long, it has been a long while since we last fought together. It is good to see you again," he said as he sat down. Putting his hand into his vest, he brought out Long's seal and a scroll. "Your letter reached me while I during my journey to the lands of the west. In it you spoke of the great trials and tribulations that Changsha is going through. Although I needed time to reflect after my resignation from the amry, the plight of the South has brought me back to these civilized lands. How can I help you; what can I do to help the people here?"

Also portraying...
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
krowthen
Sergeant

Post by krowthen »

Rurong sighed has he took a seat across from Zhudi, "The world has turned to chaos since the fall of the true Qin. The path of the warrior has become convoluted with betrayal and deceit." Rurong turned to look seriously at his old comrade, "Brother, join my in protecting this land."
Guan Sho,23 Male
Skills: Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Public Planner II, Decoy II, Scribe III
Zhudi
Major

Post by Zhudi »

Putting out his right hand, Zhudi said, "Brother Long, I will offer then to you the strength of my arm and the sharpness of my mind. Together we shall do all we can to bring order back to the land."

He then nodded his head forward. "So tell me Long, what's there to drink around here? I haven't been here in the city for a few years, you got to show me where the best taverns are around here. Maybe then you can fill me in on what is exactly going on in this region."

Also portraying...
krowthen
Sergeant

Post by krowthen »

"Aye!" Rurong stood, "It's been too long since I've been able to share a good drink." He turned to one of the guards before walking out of the room with Zhudi, "If there is need of me, I will be in the city."
Guan Sho,23 Male