Lu Ying's Audience Hall - Yanyu

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Lu Ying's Audience Hall - Yanyu

Post by ann »

The Yanyu Audience Hall is a reasonable sized building, made of aged stone. Surrounding the AH's perimeter is a large wooden palisade, contiunously patrolled by 3-4 (2-3 men) groups of soldiers. On the eastern side of the palisade is a single large gate, manned by 4 guards. All visitors are to stop here and be questioned by the guards on duty, as to their intentions and purpose of the visit.

Inside the building, one goes through the the only entry/exit point of the building (for visitors only, there is a "secret" concealed exit in the back, for use by Lu Ying.). Again, guards stand there. One then emerges into a large hall, decorated with graphic depictions of scenes of animals and also animal skins are draped over the walls. At intervals of the ceiling, hang several lanterns, bringing light into the space.

In the main audience chamber itself, Lu ying's dais is located in the center of the room, back set back to the wall. Above that hangs a an old map of the Middle Kingdom. The chamber is quite bare of other decoration, save for the numerous examples of Chinese calligraghy and other paintings on the walls, and one or two clay ornaments.

As for the secuirty, groups guards patrol the hall outside, the two corridors attached to it, continously. 20 guards line the walls of the actualy audeince chamber itself, and it a small balcony, raised above where the dais is, is a place for archers to take postion, overlooking the chamber.
Last edited by ann on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Once she had heard of the capture of yanyu by that enigmatic woman named Lu Ying, Liangyu hurriedly went off to reciprocate the kindness and pleasantries that had been shown her family in their newfound position as heads of the Yin province.

Her entourage of maids and her carriage came to a halt before the new Hall of governance in Yanyu, where she expected to find the woman she had met on that mountain road not so long ago. The little lady hopped off her horse, bow at her hip and her headband tilted slightly, an error she ficed in a jiff. Walking up to the guards with a few maids flanking her, she smiled and happily requested to enter,

"Well, good morn to you all. I am the Xia Gongzhu, daughter of the Prefect of Yin, the noble Lord Xia Xi. I have come to congratulate the Lady Lu and hopefully tighten further the relations between our neighbouring lands. After all, it was quite kind of her to congratulate us for simply pacifying a riotous Zhaoge, while she had to achieve her position on the field of valour. Now, where may I meet the Lady Lu?"
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
Zeren
Major

Post by Zeren »

A large man on horseback accompanied by a small body of men approached the guards outside Lu Ying's gates.

"I have come to speak with Lu Ying about something" he said, leveling his spear and pointing it at the nearest guard. "Tell her that Huangfu Chu and Gong Liao are here, and quickly!"
Hua Fang (26) 53-88*-20-74-57
Qiangshu III, Jianshu II, Challenge II, Intimidate II
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

RuffRydeR wrote:Once she had heard of the capture of yanyu by that enigmatic woman named Lu Ying, Liangyu hurriedly went off to reciprocate the kindness and pleasantries that had been shown her family in their newfound position as heads of the Yin province.

Her entourage of maids and her carriage came to a halt before the new Hall of governance in Yanyu, where she expected to find the woman she had met on that mountain road not so long ago. The little lady hopped off her horse, bow at her hip and her headband tilted slightly, an error she ficed in a jiff. Walking up to the guards with a few maids flanking her, she smiled and happily requested to enter,

"Well, good morn to you all. I am the Xia Gongzhu, daughter of the Prefect of Yin, the noble Lord Xia Xi. I have come to congratulate the Lady Lu and hopefully tighten further the relations between our neighbouring lands. After all, it was quite kind of her to congratulate us for simply pacifying a riotous Zhaoge, while she had to achieve her position on the field of valour. Now, where may I meet the Lady Lu?"
The guard captain on duty stepped forward and bowed to the guests before him before her spoke up.

"My Lady is eager to meet with you Lady Xia, if you would please follow me I will bring you to her."

With those words the guards turned about and assuming the visitor followed the guards lead him through the winding corridors of the palace to the main hall. Throwing the doors open they entered the room and the guards dropped to their knee's and the guard captain announced the visitor to the new governor of Yanyu.
Lu Ying looked down at the woman from her dias and smiled.

"Lady Xia!" She exclaimed "It gladdens me to see you alright. I had heard you participated in your fathers recent battle and I feared for your safty"
London wrote:A large man on horseback accompanied by a small body of men approached the guards outside Lu Ying's gates.

"I have come to speak with Lu Ying about something" he said, leveling his spear and pointing it at the nearest guard. "Tell her that Huangfu Chu and Gong Liao are here, and quickly!"
The guard captain on duty stepped forward and bowed to the guests before him before her spoke up.

"Very well, if you would follow me"

With those words the guards turned about and assuming the visitor followed the guards lead him through the winding corridors of the palace to the main hall. Throwing the doors open they entered the room and the guards dropped to their knee's and the guard captain announced the visitor to the new governor of Yanyu.
Lu Ying looked down at the men from her dias and smiled.

"Huangfu Chu, what is it you wish of me?"
Yun Ling(23, Female); 62-94*-21-66-68
Yueshu III, gongshu II, raid II, politian II, Challange I
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Zeren
Major

Post by Zeren »

Huangfu Chu entered with his helmet under his arm, and cape billowing behind him. He looked much better than he had been in Yan.

"Lady Lu", he said, saluting her. "I come understanding that you have agreed to help my father obtain lands in the region. We are all grateful for your generosity, but I come to ask a further favour of you, if you would hear me out. A friend of mine recently died without an heir, and left me much of his property and belongings in his will. However, it would cost me 250 gold to have it released to me, and it is money that I simply do not have."

"If you could spare this money, I would be eternally grateful. If there is something you desire of me that I could give in return, I would gladly do it."
Lu Ying
Lord
Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Post by Lu Ying »

Lu Ying leaned her head on her left hand while the man spoke, nodding at the mention of the mans father. Huangfu Chu made an for an impressive sight she thought to herself.

"Well, I have the money you need, bu then the question is, what do I need of you?"Lu Ying said slowly, pausing for effect, then speaking on when the silance had made clear that regardless of what Huangfu Chu could give in return, it was still her doing him a favor.

"Tell you what. I need a powerful duelist in my army for my incursion into Jibei this month. You and your man will join my army for the battle and if we win victory your debt is paid"
Items equiped: Ravager (+3 Axe) Steel Chainmail (+7 armour), Sapphire (+1 speed, +3 defence, Horse)
Zeren
Major

Post by Zeren »

"Heh, you'll have your victory, no doubt", Huangfu Chu replied. Gong Liao sniggered slightly, but silenced himself immediately after a sinister look from his master. "I agree to your terms, Lady Lu."

PH ACCESS COMING UP?!
RuffRydeR
Little Lady Xia

Post by RuffRydeR »

Lu Ying wrote:"Lady Xia!" She exclaimed "It gladdens me to see you alright. I had heard you participated in your fathers recent battle and I feared for your safety"
Liangyu gave a shallow but respectful bow, before her lips blossomed into a bright smile, greeting her,

"Good to see you as well, Ying. I heard you have more battles under your wing than I have and will probably continue to do so. After all, with Yin pacified, we don't expect much more fighting for a while. Which is always fine by me. The battle went fairly well, but it being my first time, well...after fighting this guy and whatever that pointy thing he had was, I managed to get lost trying to get back to our lines. It was so dusty and dirty and just a mess, the battlefield. Nothing like the stories at all..."

She frowned, not too amused. And she hadn't even brought up all the killing she had seen. That had horrified her the most, for though she knew it happened in battle, seeing it firsthand was definitely not meant for a proper lady's eyes. And the ways they died! The numerous ways they died...

But then, she shook her head and smiled,

"Still, I am unhurt, and I'm glad to see you are as well. How's Yanyu working out for you? I never would have imagined an agent of monetary redistribution would now be in charge of a city."
Lei Anshui (21), Chief Aide
53-108*-34-81-78
Challenge I, Gongshu II, Haste II, Intimidate II, Yueshu II
ZhangCo
Ensign

Post by ZhangCo »

After leaving his town and village in Han, Liao Qian made his way to the faraway province of Zhao with his trusty mountainmen. Having previously failed in his attempt to seize Hanzhong, he thought a change would do him well, and word of Lu Ying had reached his ears. He figured there was no better place to go than there.

Reaching the gates, he told his men to sit tight for a minute, and waved a hand. "We're here to join your Lady. If that isn't too much of a bother,"
Lu Zihang zi lingluan (24)
73-20-86-70-30
Confuse II, Decoy I, Doctor, Jeer I, Military Administrator II, Poison II, Public Planner I

Follower
She Ou (78) 76-75-32-58-42, Discipline I, Inspire I, Jeer I, Propagandist I, Rupture I, Wall II
Lu Ying
Lord

Post by Lu Ying »

RuffRydeR wrote: Liangyu gave a shallow but respectful bow, before her lips blossomed into a bright smile, greeting her,

"Good to see you as well, Ying. I heard you have more battles under your wing than I have and will probably continue to do so. After all, with Yin pacified, we don't expect much more fighting for a while. Which is always fine by me. The battle went fairly well, but it being my first time, well...after fighting this guy and whatever that pointy thing he had was, I managed to get lost trying to get back to our lines. It was so dusty and dirty and just a mess, the battlefield. Nothing like the stories at all..."

She frowned, not too amused. And she hadn't even brought up all the killing she had seen. That had horrified her the most, for though she knew it happened in battle, seeing it firsthand was definitely not meant for a proper lady's eyes. And the ways they died! The numerous ways they died...

But then, she shook her head and smiled,

"Still, I am unhurt, and I'm glad to see you are as well. How's Yanyu working out for you? I never would have imagined an agent of monetary redistribution would now be in charge of a city."
"The battle for Yanyu went well, with the aid of the King of Zhao, Wu Chen, supporting my supply lines my own forces were free to take the brunt of the battle. I personally took 27 heads. "Lu Ying said with more then a hint of pride. "Not that I like to kill of course, but I can hardly expect my followers to do something I would not lower myself to."

"As for my wealth distribution work. Its so much more efficiant now I have control of this territory. Now I simply have to tax the right people to distribute the wealth of Zhao"

"So tell me of your father, he is well Lady Xia? I cant imagine it was easy for him to let you out on the battle field!"
ZhangCo wrote:After leaving his town and village in Han, Liao Qian made his way to the faraway province of Zhao with his trusty mountainmen. Having previously failed in his attempt to seize Hanzhong, he thought a change would do him well, and word of Lu Ying had reached his ears. He figured there was no better place to go than there.

Reaching the gates, he told his men to sit tight for a minute, and waved a hand. "We're here to join your Lady. If that isn't too much of a bother,"

"Very well, if you would follow me"

Lu Ying looked down at the men from her dias and smiled.

"So, who are you and what is it you wish of me?"