Rui Jiao Jin's Audience Hall - Haozhi

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

"Due to the recent attacks and attempts on her life due to... enemy agents," the guard said, eyeing the men in both fear and displeasure, "she is in hiding for the duration of the campaign, recovering from the last nearly successful poisioning. However, her Regent the Marquis Ka Ne, leader of the Brotherhood, and Supreme Commander Long Jen are available and would be happy to speak with your delegation. Would it be acceptable that only the officers meet with them? Your men and horses will be taken care of."
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."
Kymvir Raemiz
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kymvir Raemiz »

Chunyu Yue inclined his head. "Of course. I would be honored to meet with the Marquis. If you could inform him that I come with Officer Zhang Lan, and that I also bring him a guest."

He waved a hand at the carriage, "His Royal Highness Prince Ying Jianglu."
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

The guard's eyes widened, and he scampered away. A few moments later, a column of formal dressed guards headed by Supreme Commander Long Jen arrived, and he knelt as the guards raised their spears. "Yong welcomes the former King of Qin, Royal Heir Ying Jianglu, to her gates in the style befitting his station. If he, and his aides, would come with me, we will meet with my Master, Ka Ne."
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."
Rue Goung
General

Post by Rue Goung »

It had been a long journey but Rou Jang and his guest Gao Ding finely came to the capital city of Yong,Haozhi. The city was bustling with activity as the two made their way down the main street, many civilians bowed to Rou and his guest knowing of him and his position in lady Rui Jiao Jin's force. as they neared the impressive structure of the central building, many small shrines were set up with locals giving prayers. Rou Jang turned to Gao Ding and spoke softly so not to be heard.

"Master Gao Din are lady has recently been a victim of an assassination attempt but those of Li Pengs force. These people are giving their prayers for her speedy recovery. You see she grew up here in Yong and many of the people know of her and love her for her work in trying to help make their everyday lives easier. but we are almost at the Palace so we can talk more of this inside, it would be unwise to let many of them over hear the attempt of are lady's life."

As Rou Jang had said, they have finely arrived at the HaoZhi Palace. As they marched up the steps the Guards on duty bowed to Rou Jang and his guest then preceded to open the large double doors leading into the main hall of the structure. Jang seemed to knwo where to go as he led his guest to a door off to the side of the main audience hall (which was closed for the time being.) Jang proceeded to knock on the door then open it and enter. He then bowed to a man behind a desk that seemed consumed in work. Jang bowed to the man then addressed him.

"Excuse me Marquis Ka Ne I have brought you a promising man I believe would do well in our force and help the people. His name is Gao Ding and he is very skilled not only military matters but ones of public concern as well."

Rou Jang then turned and motioned for Gao Ding to come in and present himself.
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

The man looked up, and flashed charismatic smile to those who entered. "General Rou, Master Gao Ding, welcome to my study. How may i be of assistance to you, personally, Master Gao?"
Guan Yin She

KongSuo
Not-so-new recruit
Location: If you measure my location, then you destroy the information

Post by KongSuo »

Ding bowed self-consciously at the endorsement of his host, his cheeks becoming tinged with red. I beg your pardons, masters, but I am simply an out of work politician with a fair number of years spent instead in a merchant's stall.

After a second or two to regain himself, he stood up from the bow and met Ka Ne's gaze with his glittering grey eyes. My dear Marquis, I have come at the behest of this young general here because I and my meager gifts seem to be thought well of. I have been on the outside of the political scene for several years, you see, so I confess to knowing little about the recent machinations of the land, and would have you explain your position in all of this, since apparently your Lady is not well enough to do so herself. I do hope your vengeance will be swift upon her attackers. Assassination attempts are poor tricks.
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

"It is a time of chaos, Master Gao, and we are continually forced to wait on our vengance. Li Peng continues to hide behind his allies, first the false Emperor, and now Yin and their dog, Wei. When Wei is crushed, perhaps we will finally have the ability to crush them as they deserve." He stroked his beard for a moment, before continuing.

"The Brotherhood is a multi-kingdom organization, seeking to reestablish peace and prosperity in China. Whilst we once supported Ying Fusu as the eventual ruler of China, his betrayal and maiming by the combined treachery of Meng Tian and Ying Huhai has prevented his ascendency. At this time, we seek to provent the bloodthirsty and opressive Central Alliance from crushing all the light and hope that remians in China with there Legalist doctrine and might forces. Chu, Yin, and Wei act in concert, seeking to crush us 'borderland' territories. For now, we will defend this agression, and throw off our attackers. I am most hopeful that we will not be forced to do anything regrettable, but the hegemony of the Brotherhood and it's allies is of greatest import- with our destruction, the land wil lbe plunged into darkness like under Qin Shi Huangdi for centuries."
Guan Yin She

KongSuo
Not-so-new recruit

Post by KongSuo »

Gao rubbed his chin in thought. Indeed, indeed. War will make corpses of all at some point, I suppose.

You speak of reestablishing peace and prosperity as if you are the only people trying for that selfsame goal. Surely you don't think me naive enough to believe that, my good sir. What, precisely, makes this Central Alliance so very evil? It is rather obvious how you think of the Qin government, for the short time it was a reality, and Legalism seems to be a taboo word here, but tell me what is so wrong with laws? Punish the wicked and raise up the worthy, and the virtuous will flock to your cause. I may be no more than a humble pedant, but that seems as good a basis for government as any other, wouldn't you say?
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

"Naive? Of course not, good sir." He said, chuckling. "As you say, any system of governance is as worthy as another, provided they are wielded in a virtuous manner. Alas, both the first Emperor's advisors, and this Central Alliance, seek to use people as cattle, to propogate there aggrandizement and wealth. I have fought only to overthrow the old Qin and their retainers, here in the thick of it, forced to blot it out with Fusu's crippling. They have been the one's aggressively expanding their influence through threat of force and war. There peace and prosperity will belong only to those who can steal it from others with the full measure of the government. A cowardly and disgusting system, like Legalism, despite it's virtues, was under the Qin-not to mention the brutal destruction of all other schools. A healthy dialogue between different opinions serves all, as opposed to brutish single-mindeness."
Guan Yin She

KongSuo
Not-so-new recruit

Post by KongSuo »

Gao smiled and nodded as the Marquis spoke, listening with great interest. As the Marquis paused to allow Gao some reflection upon his words, Ding spoke up once more.

But did you not just say that the hegemony of the Brotherhood is of the utmost importance? If one would claim the higher moral ground as Confucius teaches, the one would be wise to avoid making such statements, especially when one then says that one of their major reasons for fighting is that their mortal foe uses the people solely for the furtherance of their own government. A very fine line is drawn with such statements, a line that is easily crossed. I am glad, however, that you see the need for rational discourse among the competing theories. I myself subscribe to no particular school of thought, you see.

Now let us speak of other things. For example, how prepared are you militarily? Lofty phrases and the moral high ground are cold comfort when the enemy controls the earthly high ground, I should think. How is your particular administration run from a governance perspective? Are your able ministers keeping pace with the constant demands of governing? Idleness in the highest echelons can lay low even the grandest state.