Rui Jiao Jin's Audience Hall - Haozhi

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Rui Jiao Jin's Audience Hall - Haozhi

Post by ann »

"The city of Haozhi is bright and busseling with business. The buzz of the city-folk and peasantry fills the air during the hottest hours of the day while at night the city is hushed and softened by the refreshing night air. The Prefect's manor is a simple building yet elegant in it's architecture and lies just within the gates of the city. There, any one is allowed to visit Prefect Rui Jiao Jin upon request."
Last edited by ann on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zhudi
Major
Location: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."---John 8:32

Post by Zhudi »

A small peaceful-looking caravan can be seen making its way to Haozhi along the main city road.

At the head rode an older gentlemen flanked by his guards. As he rode through the city and approached the governor's mansion, he said to the attending minister on duty, showing to them his official town seal and saying, "I am Magistrate Daisuke Aramaki of Yicheng and its associated five villages. I am here, with a portion of my staff, to set up the Haozhi branch of my office. Would you please let me in to see Prefect Jin? I am here to congratulate her on her new position and would like to discuss with her the enactment of the next phase of our Yong unification plans."

He thought to himself Things were just going as was planned. Almost all of the towns and villages were united underneath the rule of the three town magistrates, who were all working together to build a single kingdom. Things are looking good.
Ma Zhudi, Guardian of the South

Also portraying...
Sha Zukang (61), Changsha's Chief Foreign Minister
"We will do the business at any cost...through whatever means available. One inch of the territory is more valuable than the life of our people. We will never concede on that."
Jin Mei
Officer

Post by Jin Mei »

The guards of the Prefect's Manor smile widely at the old man and his caravan.
"Yes, we were told to expect your arrival. You may enter as you please. The main audience hall is located just down this corridor. Several guards dressed as we are will be there to let you in."

The gate guards nod and pull open the manor doors allowing the old man and his caravan of servents to enter. Within the main audience hall, Rui Jiao Jin sits at her table, idly playing with a weathered rubber ball that sits atop her desk. Upon sight of the old man, Jin stands up excitedly, dropping the ball carelessly onto her desk and letting it roll onto the floor,
"Daisuke Aramaki!" She says, making her way around her desk,
"I'm very pleased that you have arrived so quickly. Please, sit down. My servants will be glad to help yours' to their temporary quarters while we catch up." Jin motions to a very comfortable looking chair at one of the closest dining tables and sits across from it. "Would you care for any refreshments as well? I'm sure you must be tired after your journey here."

[Continue this in Provinical RP. Daisuke Aramaki has joined; Please post in the Officer Information Thread.]
Zhao Ren
Marquis

Post by Zhao Ren »

Early one August morn, the sound of a mass of infantry, all marching in step could be heard resounding down the main street of Haozhi. It must have surely been an impressive sight, with all the troops uniformed in black leather, their spears polished to a sheen, and their banners flying in the wind. The banners, black as the night, bore a few simple characters in white, "锋队" (Forward Squad). As the troops arrived before the audience hall, the man at the fore stopped.

He, by almost anyone's opinion, was a rather handsome individual. His flowing black hair held back in a ponytail. He wore a taupe jacket with a grey floral pattern on the back, the collar lined with black fur. Underneath this, he wore black pants. At his side was an ornate blade, held in a black sheath with a gold design running down it. Holding up his hand, he then spoke, his voice booming yet clear all the same
"Halt!"

Instantly, the troops stopped their march, snapping their heels as they came to a halt. His army taken care of, the commander then approached one of the guards and saluted "Greetings and good day, I am Bo Shuai, commander of the Forward Squad. As promised, I have come to serve the new leader of Haozhi, in accordance to the Brotherhood's wishes. I have brought with me four hundred men, all adequately trained in the art of warfare. Now, I request to speak to the new ruler" With that, Bo Shuai awaited the guard's response
Mei Ji (梅吉), the Flying General (飛將軍)
90*-69-33-72*-41 Aid III, Dash II, Discipline II, Military Administrator I, Wall II

GM NPCs: Empy Yi, Xiao He (蕭何), Tian Rong (田荣)

"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."
UMCorian
Monkey Nuts?

Post by UMCorian »

It's a chilly autumn day that heralds the arrival of the Lion of Qiang in Yong. The mountain passes were of little concern to the warrior, for he marched at the head of a column of 1500 peasents, exiles from Linjiang - outlaws with little formal training, but strong heart and faith in their master.

At his side, the young Rong Bo rides, his ponytail braided thickly behind him. The young warrior licks his lips as they, at last, arrive in Haozhi.

Rong Bo: "Why do you come to this dissolute place, so far from the Qin lords, Master Ma?"

The Lion smirks and glances to his apprentice.

Fuyin: "To plot big ideas, one must not settle beneath the bed of an elephant. New forces have come to power in Yong, and we've been extended a formal invitation by someone whose... ideals may be misplaced, but their power is undeniable."

The young warrior scratches his chin

Rong Bo: "But Master, didn't you say you can never trust one who doesn't wear their ideals upon their sleeve?"

At this, the young warrior laughs - his high-pitched, childish voice carrying loudly

Fuyin: "I assure you, Bo, this one wears ideals all over their body - even a child knows exactly what's to come. Nonetheless, ideals can be tempered and focused, the battering ram can be whittled to a poisoned needle and inflict the same damage when used on the right man."

The young apprentice considers these words as they arrive to the gates of Haozhi. The Lord Fuyin strides up to the guards barring his way and lifts his eyes, disdainfully.

Fuyin: "I've come to meet with the new Lady of the city - I am the Lion of Qiang and I'm expected by one she keeps close council to."
"He who masters both order and chaos will inherit the world."
Hua Liang, Age 26
55 ~ 32 ~ 105* ~ 77 ~ 48
Confuse II, Civil Administrator II, Engineer II, Public Planner II
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

The guard bows to him. "You have been expected, Honored Master." He then lead the two into the Prefect's Palace, into a study near the Audience Hall proper. Within sat Lao, who looked up and smiled. "Brother Fuyin, I am honored you chose to come visit. Have you decided to take up your banner with us?" He poured some tea, and gesutred for them to sit.
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."
UMCorian
Monkey Nuts?

Post by UMCorian »

VoShay wrote:The guard bows to him. "You have been expected, Honored Master." He then lead the two into the Prefect's Palace, into a study near the Audience Hall proper. Within sat Lao, who looked up and smiled. "Brother Fuyin, I am honored you chose to come visit. Have you decided to take up your banner with us?" He poured some tea, and gesutred for them to sit.
His men remain outside, while Fuyin smiles, and settles down across from Brother Lao. He nods curtly, and sits, without too much fear.

Fuyin: "I have indeed, Brother Lao. Conditionally, of course. I'm impressed by your progress and confess... I may have underestimated your potential."

He settles back, and quirks his head slightly

Fuyin: "I am the Iron Lion of Qiang - and no man is my superior with the axe. Nonetheless - my favorite weapon is the quill, for in the right hand, a single scratch of the quill on parchment can kill a thousand men. One must understand this weapon, and be proficient in its use, if one is to succeed."

He stares at Brother Lao carefully, his childish voice soft and calm

Fuyin: "Understand, I will not be a glorified bodyguard - I will wish representation in all staff meetings, and while I will, of course, respectfully defer to your judgment and station, I will expect my words to always carry weight. If you wish for nothing more than a glorified spear to fight your enemies, there are many mindless mercenaries to be had, people who only find purpose in the mud, rolling around with their command banners."
Hua Liang, Age 26
55 ~ 32 ~ 105* ~ 77 ~ 48
VoShay
Marquis

Post by VoShay »

Brother Lao eyes him with a similar intensity, grinning. "As you said, Brother Fuyin, there are a multitude of mercenaries in this time of chaos. I sought you out specifically because you were no mere warrior. Your station here will be one expected to think and act- to formulate it's own theories and plans. Too many men exist only to be directed- I have need of men who can direct." He sipped his tea. "Here in Haozhi, their may be a number of my men now, but we will sono be expanding.. there is room enough for you to become one of the Brotherhood's inner circle, should you choose it and strive for it."
Guan Yin She

Excerpts about Fine American Products- Twinkies: There is something about eating a Twinkie that just lets the world know you're not too keen on self-respect. Maybe it's because under "expiration date" Hostess just prints "LOL."
UMCorian
Monkey Nuts?

Post by UMCorian »

VoShay wrote:Brother Lao eyes him with a similar intensity, grinning. "As you said, Brother Fuyin, there are a multitude of mercenaries in this time of chaos. I sought you out specifically because you were no mere warrior. Your station here will be one expected to think and act- to formulate it's own theories and plans. Too many men exist only to be directed- I have need of men who can direct." He sipped his tea. "Here in Haozhi, their may be a number of my men now, but we will sono be expanding.. there is room enough for you to become one of the Brotherhood's inner circle, should you choose it and strive for it."
He nods carefully at this words, and within moments, he looks much more at ease. Without another word, he nods curtly

Fuyin: "Then, Brother Lao, we have an accord of mind and spirit. My men are fatigued from their journey, and ill-trained, but within a month or two, they should be ready - they answer to me, and I answer to you. I must say, I'm ... intrigued by what the future will bring."

The Lion of Qiang has joined the forces of the Brotherhood. He brings with him 1550 (10) soldiers, as well as his NPC follower Rong Bo
Hua Liang, Age 26
55 ~ 32 ~ 105* ~ 77 ~ 48
Yen Ai
Major

Post by Yen Ai »

"But Tan... Weren't we going to-"

"Nothing is certain yet. If nothing else comes up, we will. Don't worry about it."

Chen Tan and Qiao Mi were slowly walking up to the gate. Tan was a little wary about this visit considering how pointless and annoying the last one had been. Still, he wouldn't judge prematurely.

Tan had eight guards with him this time, two of them were by Qiao Mi while the remaining six shadowed Tan. He had left the remainder of his troops behind though, not wanting to be slowed down by them. "Shall we then?" Qiao Mi nodded in response.

They approached the gate, stopping in front of the guards. Mi spoke up, "We recieved a letter from your leader, asking to see us. May we see her?"

((Sorry, not my best, but my mind is elsewhere.))
Chen Tan zi 穸的旦 Xīdedàn
Skills:Aid III, Cover II, Jianshu II, Charge II, Pierce.
NPC: Qiao Mi 60-65-86-60-61 Engineer II, Maraud I, Gongshu I, Faze I, Raid I, Rally I, Discipline I

"Remember, there is no 'I' in 'team'"
"Maybe so, sir. But there is a 'M' and an 'E'"