Li Peng's Audience Hall - Yangdi

Applications Accepted!

Moderator: Game Masters

ann
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ann »

Chen Ping was pleased with what Li Peng offered. He said, "I am very honored by this offer and, though I am tempted to accept immediately I feel that I should return and consider my situation."

He bowed to Li Peng and said, "I will let you know of my decisions very soon."
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

Li Peng bowed to his guest. "Of course, Master Chen. If you decide to return, you know where to find me; and if not, I wish you well in your endeavors."
Baocen Peng (75) 73-20-88-60-49
Confuse II, Jeer II, Poison II, Scout II, Scout I
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

In the late morning of a more mild January day a number of riders approached Yueyang. Some fifty in number they all bore imperial uniforms and adequate insignia, save the man at the head of them. He wore a pale green shirt and similar leggings, stitched to be long and free flowing from the knee down, and crude brown chaps. Over this he wore a maroon vest which v-necked an inch or two below his neck. The vest was fastened securely by a number of buttons on the front. A thick leather belt fastened by a hook laid upon his waist. But, more curiously, a white scarf was tied about his face. It covered his nose and was tied behind his head, leaving the majority of the scarf to dangle behind him.

When the riders were close enough to one of official looking importance their leader spoke.
"Hail. I am Dai Mu, on business to see Li Peng."
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18
Challenge I, Charge III, Gongshu II, Maraud II, Qiangshu III

"Zi You de has the best stat line ever. : P "
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

The guards watched the riders arrive while one of them was sent to fetch their leader. After some time, Li Peng arrived with several officials and with his bodyguard Chen Deng at his side.

"Dai Mu... weren't you the commander I fought a few months ago in Sai? Yet now you come at the head of an Imperial convoy. Such are the times we live in, I suppose. What news do you bring, and what business do you have with me?"
Zi You de
Colonel

Post by Zi You de »

Taishi Ci wrote:
"Dai Mu... weren't you the commander I fought a few months ago in Sai? Yet now you come at the head of an Imperial convoy. Such are the times we live in, I suppose. What news do you bring, and what business do you have with me?"
"Indeed I am Dai Mu." He said, dismounting. "And strange times these are, I must admit." He paused for a moment, removing his scarf and tucking it into his belt. He then brushed his branding with his index finger. "A relic of that campaign. I do pray you do not mistrust me, but I am most curious now, as I am present, to see some of those force which I once fought against. I can assure you, it is a strict... professional curiosity, if such a thing makes sense to you."
Dai Mu Male, 27
90-94-22-67-18
Challenge I, Charge III, Gongshu II, Maraud II, Qiangshu III

"Zi You de has the best stat line ever. : P "
Su Lei
New Recruit

Post by Su Lei »

“I am curious, seeing as your surname is Li, if we are not perhaps related somehow.”

That lonely sentence from a mysterious letter resonated repeatedly on every corner of Li Ruisheng’s mind. The trip through a sequence of dusty roads had not exhausted her, yet it was merely on account of curiosity that she had refused to stop in her way. Four years had passed since that dreaded memory, the barbaric invasion and subsequent execution of her world. Could this man be somehow related to her mother? Of what use would this trip ultimately be? Was it the time to follow her path?

With all those questions she had arrived to Yangdi. Ladylike in all aspects, she took a day to sleep well and recover from the trip. The following morning, of fairly mild weather, she took it upon herself to cause a great first impression. This can be the start of something really important, she thought, with a strange mix of both childlike expectancy and businesslike seriousness. She decided to wear her beloved Yueguang Sichou, that almost magical silver robe and one of the only memories from her past life, as well as some jewelry. After make-up and combing her long black hair into a sophisticated up do, she headed out of the inn where she had spent the night, and headed out towards the audience hall, the letter safely hidden in her robes.

From the distance, she saw the Audience Hall, magnificent in its minimalism. A few steps later, she saw a group of men in imperial uniforms, some fifty of them, near the entrance. The thought of ignoring their presence and heading straight to the door entertained her mind for a second. Then she saw a heavily protected figure emerge from the complex and address one of the imperial men, the most important looking one. Not wanting to interrupt such an exchange, she chose to be more cautious and decided to approach one of the guards patrolling nearby.

“My name is Li Ruisheng,” she spoke, soft yet confidently. “My presence has been requested by prefect Li Peng, and I must see him at once.”
Li Ruisheng (17)
55-36-85-66-84
Diplomat III, Propagandist II, Spy II, Artisan I, Scribe I, Poison I.
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

zi You de

"An interesting request," replied Peng. "Come, then. I will show you my battle arrays as they currently stand. The Prefect turned and lead the group inside to a small dining chamber, where the soldiers were given meals while a runner was sent to call Li Peng's troops together.

"So, Commander Dai, what particular questions did you have in mind?"

Su Lei

The guard turned to look at the woman. "Ah, you are an expected guest? If you'll agree to be searched, we can let you wait in a waiting room until the Prefect is available to meet with you. Is that agreeable, miss?"
Su Lei
New Recruit

Post by Su Lei »

Taishi Ci wrote:The guard turned to look at the woman. "Ah, you are an expected guest? If you'll agree to be searched, we can let you wait in a waiting room until the Prefect is available to meet with you. Is that agreeable, miss?"
Ruisheng stared, calm but severe, at the guard in front of her. "Clearly, I do not have any other possesions with me. I carry no bags, I conceal no weapons." But before the guard could reply, she quickly added, in a slightly softer tone, "But if it is required, so be it. I'll follow you."
Li Ruisheng (17)
55-36-85-66-84
Taishi Ci
Major

Post by Taishi Ci »

The guard nodded, a little way of her after her words, but he quickly performed the search and then led her inside the building to an antechamber. Here she would wait for a few minutes before Li Peng entered from another door with a few attendants. He gave Ruisheng a slight bow before introducing himself.

"I am Prefect Li Peng, of Hann. You must be Li Ruisheng, whom I sent that letter to. Please, make yourself at home." One of the attendants placed a tea set on a nearby table. "May I offer you some tea before we talk in earnest?"
Su Lei
New Recruit

Post by Su Lei »

In return to Li Peng's bow, Ruisheng cusrtsied in honest respect. "Prefect Li," she spoke, "it is quite an honor being in your presence." And standing back up, she added with a smile, "and some tea would be splendid."
Li Ruisheng (17)
55-36-85-66-84